1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hex of the Beholder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eighty, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:44 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    This is for all DrK mains. How are you guys finding the change to hex of the beholder?

I like the animations but I am not too fond of this one thing.

It takes 20+ seconds to fully buff which isn't that big a deal. However, the cycling of buffs leads to the following issue.
    After the first cast of each buff, the buffs seem to cycle between 4 out of the 5 buffs, sometimes even 3 out of 5. And the beholder proceeds to buff us with ONLY those three or four buffs.

The buffs that the beholder did not cast run out, and only after that happens does the beholder buff us with whatever buff is missing.

Normally, this is not a big deal but this undoubtedly affects our dpm and/or epm especially when we're training at 7F when we go a couple of seconds without an accuracy buff or a weapon attack buff.
    My sentiments might have been too hasty or biased but what do you guys think?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    4:59 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Fixing the skill definitely felt like a nerf. Only have 21 points in right now and yeah, there's a small portion of time where one of the buffs isn't there. Might be better at 25 with a longer duration and the quickest cast time but it still seems a lot worse than what it was.

And trying to keep track of what buffs are up now is sort of a pain. Do I have SE? Booster? Now I need to scan the huge bar of buffs at the top to see. If you're in a boss then a good few buffs hide behind the boss timer and it takes your attention away for a good bit to check what you have up. Longer buffs like attack potions are really difficult to notice when they end in bosses, usually I can see when they disappear with the flashing but when they hide behind the boss time it's easy to forget about them and they poof unnoticed.

It's also hard to tell if you're missing the accuracy buff which is quite annoying if you need it. They all look the same so it can be hard to tell.

The way it was before was preferable. It felt a lot less clunky and the system that was in place was better than Neckson's. Maybe it's just the fact that it's new but right now it just feels jarring to see a constant stream of buffs show up and disappear and have the top be an unorganized mess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    6:59 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    In terms of determining which buff(s) to cast, those are all determined by client so there is nothing much I can do to fix that atm.
    But I do agree that further improvements can be made. We will discuss about it and see what we can do~

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    After a bit of time I think I prefer new Hex, even if it does get in the way. All of the animations are cute and fun to watch in a way. It gives my little buddy some personality. It was only really jarring at first, after getting used to it I think it's really cool, even if it is less effective.

The top bar being a mess can still make things difficult to see. I don't think I'd mind the chaos if the timers were moved down or made transparent so we can see what's happening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    someone made a transparent timer wz

6. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Nice :eek:

We got a link? Been searching for a few minutes and I can't really find anything.

7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i think thuglife420

8. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    One weird thing I've noticed is that the buffs aren't on a global timer, and it resets the timer for buffing every time you enter a map. It's a minor annoyance if you just tend to keep Beholder up and walk around, if you are walking somewhere you aren't really able to keep your buffs up and need to be in the map for a minute before you have everything. It's only a minor annoyance but it just feels funky and unintuitive.

Another weird thing is that getting dispelled by someone like Horntail/Pianus/Papulatus will debuff Beholder but the Beholder's buffs are immune to dispel. So you keep the buffs but need to recast Beholder. It's helpful in keeping the attack for casual bosses but also just feels strange by being not the same as every other buff in the game and instead act like potions. It's just some funky mechanics that are rather unique to the Beholder.

• Funny Funny x 1