1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High Levels PQs?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lirbo, Apr 27, 2020.

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

88.2%
  2. No (please elaborate why)

11.8%
  1. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    9:48 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Hello, as we all know the server is heavily based on leech, it has always been a part of this community, and it would probably forever will.
    I can't say that I'm against leech, but I am against it when it's nearly a mandatory for some classes in order to level.

As we all know, people by levels 120-135 usually go to grind at Shaolin, until they can start going for Zakum runs, then Horntail etc.. But what classes who can't mob do from 120-135? That's right, they leech all the way up.

Therefore, I am suggesting a very simple solution, add a PQ (perhaps from newer versions) for higher levels. This way people who can't really mob would be able to get some EXP without entering the cycle of gathering Meso instead of EXP so they can simply buy Leech ._.

Pros:
    1. Party Quests are one of the best things that exist in the old versions, it unites people and forces you to social around. It would be even nicer and more effective at higher levels, because people gotta stick around longer in order to level.

2. It would remove the leeching dependency for non-mobber classes at levels 120-135 (especially for washers who can't deal tons of dmg).

3. New fresh addition that can spice up the game and bring some new interesting content.

Cons:
    I can't think of any? You tell me if you can find any..

2. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    7:48 AM
    I would love Dragon Rider PQ to be added as 120+ content. The only pq that 4th jobbers can do is HPQ, so maybe that could be buffed to give you exp based on your level or something.

But I do wonder if it would be possible to add more party quests.

There is Nett's Pyramid, Monster Carnival, and there was that Ariant pq thing where you fight monsters, though I'm not sure if that was a pq or not.

There is also the Ghost Ship PQ, which would be really nice to add.

3. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    2:48 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    It wouldn't be good for leveling at 120+ but I would like to see Hob King PQ added (which in GMS was for levels 75-200 and was added shortly before big bang in 2010). The earrings gave +10% HP which can be argued to be either overpowered or as alternative to some HP washing. However they also were part of the durability system that wasn't in v62, and I think everyone would agree that system shouldn't be implemented. I am not sure if the earrings could be added to the client with the durability removed, as well as removing the restriction of using tablets/chaos scrolls only.

The PQ may also reward a rare 180 speed mount that was highly sought after.

Dragon Rider PQ would be good content to be added as well, but again had durability items as rewards that would need to be changed.

4. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    9:48 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Okay I mean sure (although I doubt u can script 10% HP as a stat on v62), but I didn't specify any specific PQ. All I want is to make leveling possible for non-mobber classes from 120 to 135, why adding a PQ (any PQ, I didn't say anything specific) that would allow it is a bad idea in your opinion?

5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I think you misunderstand me. I didn't disagree with you, I am saying I would like to see these higher level PQ's added to legends.

6. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    2:48 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    would love some high level pqs end game in this server is either selling leech or staying in horntail cave 24/7 /grind shaolin so boring

my thoughts are custom pqs such as

DRPQ 120+
    GHOST SHIP PQ for above 120+

probably wont happen cuz no coders are paid here tho

7. PinheadLarry

PinheadLarry Red Snail

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    MrPinhead
    I love this idea! Honestly, I’m almost 120, and probably won’t have issues grinding, but I still miss PQs... approaching 120 you’re in that weird stage where you can do CWPQ but probably won’t be much help during the boss stage... would be nice to have alternatives.