1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Holy Symbol in MapleLegends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floris, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    4:10 PM
    Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can explain to me precisely how Holy Symbol works in this server? I've been looking through threads and found different things.

Main questions:
    - when leveling with a character and a HS mule, how much bonus % would one get?
    - is it ture that for 2 people HS gives 10% and for 3 it gives 50%? I've read this in several threads

Thanks <3

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    7:10 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    In a party of 1, holy symbol (when maxed) will give you 10% extra exp.

In a party of 2 or more, it will give you 50% extra exp.

The skill description is misleading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I understood this much, but since when you have 2 characters in a party some of the experience will leech off to the other character, how much actual bonus exp will one get?
    Also I read in some thread that if the HS mule is not within 5 levels of the character killing mobs, HS still provides a mere 10% bonus? Can anyone provide more info on that?

4. bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    7:55 PM
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence

That's different that's leecher getter an X percentage of the kill depending on the damage done and level difference it is multiplied by hs bonus (50/10%). I.E. 2 person yields more exp than 1 person always.

5 levels within character is reserved for the leeching character not being within 5 levels difference (lower bracket) of mob/attacker. And the it's the attacker that has to be within 5 lvls of leechee
    HS bonus always applies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    10:10 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    There is no 60/40 rule or 80/20 rule. This is how exp is calculated for most general circumstances:

For the leech:

Base monster exp x (.8 x (your level)/(Total level of all members of the party)) x 1.5 if Holy Symbol is used + bonuses

For the person killing monsters:

Base monster exp x (.2 + .8 x (your level)/(Total level of all members of the party)) x 1.5 if Holy Symbol is used + bonuses

Bonus exp for parties:
    Party of 2: 10% / 3: 15% / 4: 20% / 5: 25% / 6: 30%

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    10:10 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    In order to leech exp from your party members, you must satisfy one of the following conditions
    1) (monster level minus your level) less than or equal to 5
    2) (attacker level minus your level) less than or equal to 5

Back to your question. If you kill a monster, but your party member don't receive any exp, it is as if you are not in a party, so you receive only 10% bonus exp

8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This is different from the formula I used to get my results.

Below is what a leecher gets:

[Monster EXP * EXP Rate * (1.1 + 0.05 * N)/ (N + 1) ] * (leecher level/average party level) * HS bonus

Below is what the attacker gets (assuming no1 else damaged the monster):

2 * [Monster EXP * EXP Rate * (1.1 + 0.05 * N)/ (N + 1) ] * HS bonus

Where N is number of party members that can leech exp.

This roughly corresponds to a 80/40 rule.

Where in a party of 2, the attacker gets 80% of base exp (when in solo party), and a leecher of the same level (no exp penalty) would get 40% of the base exp (as if they killed a monster by themself solo party).

With HS and a party of two that turns into 120 / 60.

As you add more party members each person gets less exp, but the total exp goes up. However, it looks like the leechers always seem to get half of what the attacker gets (barring any level penalties).

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Maybe AyumiLove is wrong then. Time to trash the leech guide even more in that case OnionCrazy

10. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    9:10 AM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    What about 2 people attacking in the party with HS? Is the person who "Whites" the attacker and the person who "Yellows" the leecher?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Thanks for this, I was looking for the 120/60 ratio you mention when someone is killing monsters in a party with a priest/bishop leeching and providing HS.

• Creative Creative x 1