1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How 2X EXP Cards can save our Market

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Infidel, May 29, 2015.

1. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    12:50 PM
    Beginner
    I agree that this would be the very best solution. We already had a thread about this. Tbh I have no idea why we are not doing this.
    @Navi@Navi

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    5:50 AM
    Paladin
    i just want to see things in the market besides dark scrolls and overall dex 60%

• Like Like x 3
  3. Faith

Faith Skull Splitter

May 5, 2015
    Male
    On a Hill
    3:50 AM
    iSee
    I/L Wizard
    Tempus
    Yeah exactly!

4. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    11:50 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Implement 2x drop coupon + lower rates on most gach items. Halts the never ending flood of dark scrolls/gach-only items and motivates players to actually farm for stuff instead. I never understood why ele wands and bracers had such a high rate from gach also, basically all "normal "mage/sin weapons have become totally useless because of it....i see 38att rabs for 500k and 110m.att codars for 700k unsold....a joke really.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:50 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Although it wouldn't really be gms-like which is what this server intends to be, this would be a nice feature honestly. It should, in my opinion, motivate people to grind at different spots and also have an actual different reason to grind other than leveling.
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  6. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    Liam
    Warrior
    I think we should redistribute gach items into obscure mobs and negleglected training areas to encourage people to play in different areas. I also agree with the idea to increase the price of gach tickets darks scrolls are way to common at the moment and so many items are worthless due to so much supply. I think the 2x drop idea is a great solution as well. One issue I could for see is leprechauns becoming op with 2x mesos you would get on average 3k mesos a kill which would make them extremely profitable.

Overall I'd vote in favour of completely removing gach and tactically distributing items to promote activity in neglected areas. You could even use some gach rewards and make them available through long questlines. I definitely think something needs to be done about shrine as a minimum.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Faith

Faith Skull Splitter

May 5, 2015
    Male
    On a Hill
    iSee
    I/L Wizard
    Tempus
    Very very valid and couldn't be more true. By far the biggest joke.

8. Crypto

Crypto Mano

May 3, 2015
    Male
    Banx
    Cleric
    Solaris
    I love the quest idea.

9. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I like the quest idea, but I hope we can do it without fucking with the existing quests, maybe we could make a few new "kill 999" quests, with mobs that ppl don't grind at atm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Faith

Faith Skull Splitter

May 5, 2015
    Male
    On a Hill
    iSee
    I/L Wizard
    Tempus
    even then at 999 that can be easy in parties or with 4th job magicians. I'd say just put it at a low drop rate from very specific mobs. and the higher level weapons from zak along with the normal drops (which would include ele wands/staves, skis, etc)

11. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    Liam
    Warrior
    Exactly what I meant. Or collect 150 of the etc item of a particular mob. Or for better items such as equips do it after like 10 stages of questline with different mobs for each.

12. OP
    OP
    Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    6:50 AM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    This is a great idea, though 999 Quests are repeatable but having a list of 10 different dark scrolls (including def and HP) and its a random reward should be used to prevent abuse.

13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I think it would a good idea to just do this at first.
    And when we see how it goes, we can then consider quests and what the quests should be about.

14. Faith

Faith Skull Splitter

May 5, 2015
    Male
    On a Hill
    iSee
    I/L Wizard
    Tempus
    most definitely but it gives these items some flexibility and promotes server growth at the same time. Quests should be for the lower level ele wands/gacha weapons with a chance like a 10% chance of getting a ele wand or a decent scroll.
    Another thing is, the server is supposed to be GMS like however We are MapleLegends, doesn't mean we are an exact replica with our own twist... we've just got to put
    our twist on it now. 2Months in....its time we start adding our touches. NOT that we aren't grateful for the upcoming update and all that we have but we all see a common problem that could blowup in our faces.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    6:50 AM
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    With 2x drop coupons wouldn't mages just abuse it?

16. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    6:50 PM
    I don't think 2x drop coupons should be released yet (if at all) while the economy is choked full of underpriced goods. On one hand, the coupons are an alternative to spend NX on, but on the other hand it contributes more scrolls/equips to the economy which will furthur decrease their prices. Perhaps we should save the economy first then think about this at a later date. At least, LMPQ has to be nerfed first.

I personally woud support rebalancing gach and splitting all the good gach items evenly among all the locations so each place is a more or less good place to gach. But I wouldn't put them into mobs (since we're discussing about 2x drop cards), because people always seem to find a way to farm tonnes of them. Instead, leaving them in gach and putting them as super rare would be a better control and would also help the economy to recover.

Neglected training areas can be used temporarily in scavenger hunt events or something of that sort, there are too many areas that needs love and they can be used in a variety of events instead.

17. Faith

Faith Skull Splitter

May 5, 2015
    Male
    On a Hill
    iSee
    I/L Wizard
    Tempus
    It'll raise the price of scrolls too especially the scrolls that are generally worth more. It would force people to grind giving them more mesos.

18. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Um could you clarify what you mean?

19. Faith

Faith Skull Splitter

May 5, 2015
    Male
    On a Hill
    iSee
    I/L Wizard
    Tempus
    Well you say 2x would allow them to deflate more...but really it would just force people to grind...Mostly finding drops to npc for MESOS rather than finding scrolls. but it will provide scrolls that's a given however it also brings more MESO for both pots and purchasing the scrolls we already have.

If you think Im wrong please tell me. or you know of a better way.

20. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Hmm does this count as inflation? It's like if you doubled the mesos that everyone has right now, all prices would double as well. The problem I was concerned with is the excess supply of many items that is causing the prices to be low, so 2x drop cards would further increase the supply and at the same time allow players to NPC more junk equips so they have more mesos, but it seems like more mesos + more scrolls = more or less same price.