1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to play without HP Washing (new player guide)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by thewayman, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:08 PM.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. thewayman

thewayman Orange Mushroom

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    4:11 AM
    TheWayMan
    Dragon Knight
    A lot of the times you see people always say "you have to HP wash", "you have to get int gear" and what not if you want to be successful at bosses and what not.

The fact is, maplestory was made with out hp washing being a huge impact thing because if you did it you most likely were so rich it didn't matter or you wasted your money. I rarely ever heard of people hp washing maybe 1 or 2 times and they just had money to burn I guess (IRL money not mesos or anything).

I had a hermit that did fine in GMS, as many hermits (later NL's) did fine before 4th job was even a thing.

The Number 1 thing: to do is learn placement, maplestory has 2d graphics and you have to understand how and where to place your character to avoid the big hits all together or survive one every now and then. This could mean learning how to dark screen BF and move around him to get him in the corner.
    To me this means for a ranged point of view to abuse ledges and stay away from the floor all together. The makers of this game knew not everyone would have 30k hp magically and abuse hp washing because it wasn't a narrow concept.

Second: This would fall under equipment, having a zhelm makes a huge difference in terms of defense and hp (stats as well). Get one ASAP, as for the rest of your equipment go for what fits your job class and style there are plenty of guides on here you can find for your class on what to ware and what to use.

Third: Find and make best friends with DK's there is a reason they have Hyper Body. Maplestory was always intended for party and social play. NOTE: Dk's HB isn't a requirement unless you are bossing you can grind fine for the most part.

Keep in mind the way this game was made, they didn't make it where you had the full availability to HP wash it realistically just means you must wait a little longer to move training spots or to do a boss. It's like leeching, completely optional I don't do leeching because it doesn't give you the real old school maplestory vibes to afk on a rope lol. But hey play the way you want I just like to see more people play the original way and with many new players I see a lot of people quit because they get trashed/bombarded with this idea that they MUST HP WASH which isn't true at all. Spread the word, it isn't a requirement for new players!!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.