1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Survive

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Trabin, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    10:41 PM
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    As soon as I started, knowing I picked a very difficult class to play without funding (Stupid move, but it's my fave), Pots and Recharging can get very expensive.

Most people when they first start a server, they struggle with the very idea of playing, they get lost and have trouble finding out how to afford pots (potions) and equipment to keep them going.

This is a general maple survival guide. Results may vary.

So, Let's go over the tips that both others have stated and I'll put my own in:

1. Sell ECT items you don't need.
    Fill your ect inventory up and only leave one slot open for the item you need for your quest and keep dropping other items that you wont need until that item is the only item you can collect. Over collect that item if you can, that way when you've completed the quest and don't need any more of them you can sell them off. Sure, it looks like 5 to 20 mesos, but at 100 or so, that 20 turns into 2000. Profit.

2. Sell off what you don't need.
    Equips you don't need have to be sold, either through NPC or by Merching. To Merch, you need a Cash Shop Shop and there's several to choose from, each with 16 slots, which saves on inventory space and hopefully will net you some mesos. The problem with Merching is that it takes time, even if you announce what you have. Just make sure to sell off the low level junk from whatever class isn't yours for a good 5k to 50k or more and that should cushion some of the cost.

3. Take advantage of your Events.
    This event, which I seem to be at the tail end, offers coolers to be dropped from monsters. Well, that's fantastic, because Red Bean Sundaes and Ice Cream Pops may look enticing to keep, but at a low level, that's mesos in the bank for potions that would be a waste to use on yourself. If you can, Merch them. If you can't, Drop them off at an NPC. 2k for the Sundaes and 1.1k for the Pops. Seems like you can get those potions you REALLY need, or at the least a bit closer.

4. Optimize your pots
    Take a look at your HP and MP and pay attention to how much you have, what the numbers are. If you have 1k hp and are using Red pots (50hp for 50mesos), you'll be spending more and more to be at max. Orange isn't going to be enough (150hp for 160), white? 300hp for 320. That seems a bit more reasonable. Pizza for 400hp for 450 sounds best. It's cheap so you can get a lot of them (I usually buy 200 at a time) and they heal Close to half of your hp, which means you can get buy with using 1 or two at a time. This saves Mesos. The more it fills you to the brim is more bang for the coin, which means you can grind better without having to stop to repot, and it means you can become balanced enough to use the mesos you collect from the grind to pay for your pots and have more left over for other things.

5. Do Quests.
    Not all quests are scroll and equip rewards. Some are potions, like the Rememberer's Quests in Sleepy Wood. If you complete Nella's Second quest involving screws (Easily gained from John's Basket Jump Quest) and Processed wood (Have you seen how many stump spawns there are?) can get you 100 Cakes (100hp and 100mp). The more you do, the more powerful and balanced you become.

6. Party up, Party hard, Party Quests.
    Kerning and Ludi are the biggest ways to not only boost your levels but also can net you quite the coin. If you boost to lvl 30 via kerning, jump on a ship and train until level 35 on teddies (which drops a lot of sellable stuffs and lots of mesos) and hit that PQ like it's hot!

7. Farm Effectively
    If you're attacking something that isn't going down quick, you're gonna have a hard time. You want to strike things that literally takes either 1 or 2 hits to kill. Any more than that and that's taking away your balance and costing not only experience, but also pots and mesos. Train Effectively. Train Efficiently.

Whatever you do, don't give up. I've zeroed out my funds at least 4 times trying to get further on this run alone. It can be discouraging, but if you keep going and follow at least half of these tips, I think you'll make it just fine.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    2:41 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    The last tip is the best one imo

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:41 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Tbh when starting out, it doesn't matter how little the pots recover compared to your max hp/sp. Beggars can't be choosers. Since it's more efficient to just use them rather than sell them and buy something different, suck it up and spam the pot button a bit to quickly use several at once. Works best if you do this when you get a second or two out of combat.

4. OP
    OP
    Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    10:41 PM
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    That's why you break a bunch of the boxes on Maple island so you have some variety of potions that are suitable. If you play it right, you shouldn't need to restock on potions unless you're too liberal with your pots until at least level 16 or 17. But that's also if you're getting the quests that give pots. That saves on mesos also.