1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HP wash vs Blood wash?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Alcor, May 30, 2020.

1. Alcor

Alcor Stone Golem

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    9:13 PM
    Alcor
    Bishop
    Generous
    What is the different from HP wash vs Blood wash or they are the something, just different name?

How to do HP wash correctly. I see there are 2 ways?

1) Fresh AP into HP. Use AP reset take out MP put into stats
    2) Fresh AP into INT. Use AP reset take out MP put into HP

Which one is correct?

2. OP
    OP
    Alcor

Alcor Stone Golem

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    9:13 PM
    Alcor
    Bishop
    Generous
  3. Sialy

Sialy Blue Snail

Jun 14, 2017
    12:13 AM
    Dragon Knight, Page
    I've never heard of Blood Washing but it might just be another name for HP Washing.

Each class has their own formula for the minimum MP they can possess and different amounts of MP they lose when you reset a point out of MP.
    Since your HP and MP share an AP pool, if you put a point into your HP, you can reset a point out of your MP.
    This requires you to build INT on your character so you can gain extra MP which you can reset with.

So the way to HP Wash is you start off with putting points into INT and putting INT equipment. This is because for every 10 INT you have you gain an extra 1 MP per level up for non-mage classes.
    Then you put fresh AP (AP that you gain when you level up, not AP you get from AP reseting) into your HP. You want to use fresh AP because it gives you more HP.
    Then you use an AP Reset to take a point out of your MP and put it into your main stat.

I hope this explains it. There are HP washing guides in this forum if you look for it.

4. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    9:58 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Blood washing is when you put fresh AP into HP.

Regular HP washing involves you putting one AP into HP and then pulling out one AP from MP and into HP.

Blood washing yields more HP but is limited (Max 1000 blood washes, also limited by pumping into INT or MP washing/infinite washing) while regular HP wash is limited by your extra MP.

5. Kaisle

Kaisle Mano

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    12:13 PM
    lnvictus
    Hero
    SOLDIER
    Does anyone know how much washing a Hero needs?

6. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    12:13 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I thought bloodwashing was putting AP points in HP when you don't have the NX or extra MP to AP reset from MP to stats. So you get the extra HP early but are missing some damage

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    1) is fresh HP washing as explained by SialySialy
    No such things as number 2) exist.

Blood HP wash is as explained by Blu301Blu301 .
    And for mule char, maybe people don't even bother to take out those ap from the hp/mp pool

So there are 2 types of HP wash, with fresh ap, and non-fresh ap which people call it stale-hp wash (which gives less HP gain, but is a strategy for those who MP wash, because mp wash must use fresh ap, there is finite number of fresh ap you can use, so they decide to use the fresh ap for MP wash Instead of fresh hp wash)

*dont stale HP wash on warrior and bucc

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    1:13 AM
    Beginner
    Heroes don't even need washing but i'd say get 18k if you like doing solo content. Its easy, depending on your actual level of course. Can you tell me your:

1) Level 2) Base MP (without any gear) 3) Total int 4) Your total HP right now 5) What tier is your Monster ring right now?
    I can make a route and calculate how much HP you'll have at X level.

Mind that we have a Tier10 ring that gives +1000 HP in this server, and you'll have Achilles in endgame (15% both magical and physical damage resistance) That helps a lot.

edit: typo

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    1:13 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    30k for solo content wdym :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    Beginner
    SOLO PB WHEN?

But seriously now, i don't know the HP required for NT bosses. I know Nameless Magic Monster can give Drks a hard time for zerking, and i know HT's tail hit a lot. Other than that, what do we have other than BF touch and Anego Slap? Legit question

11. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    1:13 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    BGA which does 24-27k, Toad for 15.5k, and I dont know the damage ranges for Neo Tokyo part 2 :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    Beginner
    Another question. Warriors do BGA? I know they can't hit the boss so i assumed BGA would be off-limits.
    Also, 27k is freaking nuts

13. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Just go for 30k and you don't need worry for any boss

14. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    Beginner
    Yeah there is that but i don't like the idea of saying ''you need 30k hp'' for new players. It's a bit toxic. But yeah, with 30k obviously you don't have to worry about anything besides HT's tail or BGA.

15. Kaisle

Kaisle Mano

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    lnvictus
    Hero
    SOLDIER
    Oh, cos I've read that HP washing is essential for end game. I've actually done a bit of hp washing already but I'm not sure if it's enough or if I'm doing it right. Okay so..

1) am currently level 103
    2) base MP is 496
    3) I think my INT right now is at 36 with equips
    4) Total HP is at 9791
    5) Haven't gotten tier 1 yet

16. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    Beginner
    It is essential for survivability but Warriors have high natural HP and the easiest time washing. Now about your HP WASH:

Your extra mp is 29 on lv.103 so you can wash 7 times and gain an ~371 HP. Lets say you wash this already so 9791+371 = 10.162HP.

You have 36INT, but lets say you have acess to MW20 from your guildies. That would leave you with 39.6 INT on level up. If you get 40, perfect. If not, i suggest adding 1 more point to INT to make it 40 int on each level up. That's 4 extra MP per level UP, or 1 WASH per level.

Lets calculate how much HP you would have at level 150.

- So 103 to 150 is 47 levels, with 1 wash per level gives us:
    47x53 (HP gain on warriors per AP in HP is 50~55, so let's use 53) = 2.491HP
    - Warriors naturally gain about 50HP per level up IIRC (with maxed improving max HP increase), so
    47x50 = 2.350HP

- So washing + natural hp gain is:
    2.350+2.491 = 4.841HP + 10.162HP that you already have is ~15.003HP at level 150.

If you get Tier10 ring you'll get +1000HP so 16.003HP at level 150.
    At 165 (A good level to fight Horntail) you would have 17.548HP if you get the ring. That's 28.076HP with HB.

Edit: Formating

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kaisle

Kaisle Mano

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    lnvictus
    Hero
    SOLDIER
    This is really helpful! Thanks so much. Will try to get better INT equips too to get more MP per level up.

• Like Like x 1