1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HP washing alternative

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LemonSoda, Mar 22, 2018.

1. LemonSoda

LemonSoda Blue Snail

Mar 22, 2018
    7:28 AM
    This is a proposed alternative to hp washing while keeping it viable but giving a equivalent alternative.
    [​IMG]
    Voting gives either a choice of 5k NX or a 24-hour cool-down per character use, account bound consumable (by talking to maple admin or a @command to claim)
    This gives between rand(5, classMax) amount of HP for your given class.
    i.e. 5~24 for thieves.

Players that already know how to wash probably would not use this but players that don't know how to wash would be capable of using this to get enough HP to do endgame content.

* This does not remove AP resets from being useful and AP reset based washing will still be better due to opportunity cost of RNG and 24 hour between uses on characters.
    * cannot be abused(?)
    * keeps character investment through voting
    * opens up the possibility to play what you want while also being able to do endgame (HT, Zakum, etc.) content without worrying about washing and burning out.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    neat idea, but doesn't that means eventually everyone would be running around with 30k base hp? MapleF12

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    LemonSoda

LemonSoda Blue Snail

Mar 22, 2018
    Yes but let us assume a unwashed nightlord at level 120 with 3.8k hp. Using this method it would take approximately 4.6 years of voting consistently every 24-hours. (30,000-3,800 = 26,300 / 16 (thief hp gained per ap) = ~ 1637.5 days or 4.6 years!)

4. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    3:28 PM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    Interesting idea, I like the idea of changing washing so you don't have to vote for weeks or months before you can even start playing properly (although I hate the whole idea of washing all together). However, it would need to be balanced in a reasonable way. As ProTato said, it will escalate when everyone can start washing to infinity.

Don't really have any good ideas at the moment but if I come up with something I'll return :)

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:28 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I'm kind of torn in the middle here. It does seem a little bit extreme, the current amount of days it takes you to fully HP wash a character (Of course this varies based on which job you are, but it's usually a long time).

I don't feel like this would be a good solution per se, as it would indeed make hp washing too accessible. I'm usually all for convenience, but HP washing gives a character a large advantage over those who don't go through the massive hassle of doing so and I feel like this shouldn't be obtained so trivially.

However, I am on your side in terms of seeing potential for a change in this system. I just feel like it should be harder than what you suggested and more easy than the current system :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    LemonSoda

LemonSoda Blue Snail

Mar 22, 2018
    I updated this with feedback.