1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug HP washing issue?

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by cansif, Mar 10, 2020.

1. cansif

cansif Mano

Aug 8, 2017
    Male
    10:54 AM
    Bishop
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): The might be an issue with the washing formula for Paladins.
    What is supposed to happen?: I have been following the formulas as well as the discord bot, both which are agreed to be correct amongst my guild members (Kurayamilove and Kalash) and they both agree that this is a bug which is not supposed to be happening. Basically the minimum MP for Paladins is alot higher than it is supposed to be, preventing me from washing my character.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: many months ago but i did not notice it as a bug.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional): I have included a screenshot of my stats for you guys to calculate, i am level 153 and my ign is aeterna.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    4:54 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I remember this being reported a while back too. It was the same bug where the mp required was 100 more than it should be.
    Perhaps it's a bug where the min-mp checker expects mp gain from 3rd and/or 4th job adv (those gave extra mp and hp in the old days right).
    Perhaps it's using the dk formula? I think that's 100 mp more than the hero/page formula.

3. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    5:54 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Hello cansifcansif , it appears to be that this is not a bug and the formula used for Pages/White Knights/Paladins is in fact not the same formula used for Fighters/Crusaders/Heroes.

This is the formula used by Paladins (provided by PastaPasta :heartbeat:)

Code:
    122     PALADIN             4 * level + 155
    With this formula your Min MP would be at 767MP.
    Hope this makes it bit of information resolves your issue.

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I've used the bot formula for my page and it worked perfectly. So it seems to me like the formula changes when you advance or something, which leads me to think that advancement mp is somehow added to the formula.

It might be worth to try this out. Also check if you really don't gain mp from either advances. Should be easy to check being a gm

5. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    5:54 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Code:
    120     PAGE                4 * level + 155
    121     WHITE KNIGHT        4 * level + 155
    122     PALADIN             4 * level + 155
    Nope formula does not change, we also have not changed anything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I dont have enough nx to fully reset my bloodwashes on my page right now, but I'm pretty sure that the drods formula worked for me around level 50. If you read it from the code, though, it seems that I was wrong

7. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Got them directly from client code.

I will however double-check with ingame tests, so that we can have a definitive list of formulas.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:54 PM
    iPippy
    I dont claim to know what goes in the code, but I am pretty sure it used to match the hero formula and shifted to match the dk value. Perhaps the value got unknowingly fixed one day (could find when by timestamps of pallys mentioning the sudden change in discord). All of the old washing guides have pally sharing the hero mp pool: this first link https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-verification-of-hp-mp-formulas.12056/ got its values from https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/hp-washing-guide.3409/, posts from 2017 and 2015 respectively. While always a possibility, I find it hard to believe the values from these references (and drods) would be incorrect for so long without ever hearing about it. I'm not a pally myself, but I do know it seemed like a hidden "fix" wrapped within one of the patches as many were left unable to wash as previously calculated (or even with negative excess mp as minimums rose).

9. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    12:54 PM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Nah for Page the min MP value was always the same as Spearman, the guides probably unknowingly copied pasted Fighters values by mistake.

10. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    These formulas are not coded nor managed by us, they haven't been modified; we just never went and manually looked for them in the executable.

As it turns out, this is the in-game set:
    Minimum MP formula per job

BEGINNER: 10 * level - 5 ; -8 MP per wash

WARRIOR (-4 MP per wash)
    Warrior (1st job): 4 * level + 55
    Fighter class: 4 * level + 55
    Page/Spearman class: 4 * level + 155

MAGICIAN (-30 MP per wash)
    Magician (1st job): 22 * level - 1
    Magician jobs: 22 * level + 449

ARCHER (-12 MP per wash)
    Archer (1st job): 14 * level - 15
    Archer jobs: 14 * level + 135

THIEF (-12 MP per wash)
    Thief (1st job): 14 * level - 15
    Thief jobs: 14 * level + 135

PIRATE (-16 MP per wash)
    Pirate (1st job): 18 * level - 55
    Pirate jobs: 18 * level + 95

If we consider these, and we consider the OP's screenshot having a level 153 Paladin, the minimum MP would be 767. To this value, we must add the required MP cost for the incoming wash, which is 4. This means that a wash will only be possible with atleast 771 MP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:54 PM
    iPippy
    Interesting. If those are the min mp values, drods/commonly used tables are using incorrect formulas for basically every class then. Its only off by 1 on warrior classes, and it seems to be erring generously for the other classes (though would account for why it seemed like you could do an entire wash extra if you were at min mp).

12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:54 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i asked on other topic, but i am curious to ask here too

some1 can explain to me when the formula of pages and fighter changed?
    its just in ml? it was in all server?