1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HP Washing

Discussion in 'Guides' started by thetavi, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    9:13 PM
    Hmm... if HP washing were removed, my personal preference is to nerf the new bosses introduced if any (Pink Bean, for example), than find new ways to give everyone more HP. How much does PB hit?

2. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    2:13 PM
    Isnt Pink Bean a ToT Boss?

3. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Yes it is. ToT is somewhat likely to be released, but no one knows if PB will come out with it or at a later time, if at all.

4. OP
    OP
    thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    6:13 AM
    I don't know how much PB himself hits, but I know the highest non-avoidable damage you will see is from Ariel. She can hit around 13.5k. That's the limit you're stretching for.

Would anyone be willing to help provide the following information?

For all classes and subclasses:
    • HP granted upon 1st job advancement
    • HP granted upon 2nd job advancement
    • HP granted upon level up

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  5. Dysmia

Dysmia Mano

Apr 6, 2015
    Lunar Space Station
    I am not a fan of HP washing as a mechanic. It doesn't seem right to make someone have to go out of their way to find INT equipment just because their class has a low base HP. It may discourage people to start playing a character when they are told that they must wash unless they are a Magician or Warrior to survive the tougher bosses. But any solution shouldn't swing too far in the other direction and completely nullify class diversity (which HP washing breaks too, with it being possible to get 30000 HP even on a Night Lord or Bow Master). There are different builds one can create within their jobs by allocating stat points upon leveling up to influence some of their attributes, but they do not stray too far from what the core of their niche is about. Growing within the limits of one's potential is what makes the game exciting to me, as each character has their own unique role to carry out, and everyone works together to build on each others strengths while compensating for each others weaknesses. If everyone can tank hits, the game becomes unbalanced, as the only question that remains is who can do the most damage per second. The communal challenge is lost and its participants are homogenized.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    I kinda agree with this. HP washing is a bug in the first place and wasn't intended by Neckson. But it's the mindset of most people that you must wash. You don't actually have to, I think you will be fine with HB in most cases.

7. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    Even with the concept of HP washing, Pink bean will not be able to be defeated on this server. Not in years, that is. The time limit fot the official version is 60 minutes. To deal a total of 7.200.000.000 hp. WITHOUT POTENTIALS.

Not to mention the lack of fully upgraded characters and parties, PB shoulden't be a top priority.. For now

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  8. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    PB has 2.1b HP in bbb.hs, not 7200b. Plus, timers can always be extended if needed, since our players are not as strong as the official version then. Also if PB was added it probably should be the kind of boss that takes more than just 60 min to kill, since Zak and HT already requires longer.

9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    7.2 quadrillion HP? what the hell are you talking about? maplestory can't even handle numbers that high = =

10. OP
    OP
    thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    I think he just has 3 extra 0's guys. 7.2b total HP (all statues + PB).

Zakum shouldn't be taking more than 60 minutes to kill, and even Horntail can be downed in sub an hour.

But yeah, the timer obviously needs to be changed or Pink Bean is impossible*.

*I actually believe it -could- be done eventually but it would indeed be far more difficult than necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    To quote the source:

You're talking about the maximum value stored in an signed 32 bit integer, which is 2147483647, or 2^31 - 1.
    Oh, I added 3 zeroes too much, my bad <3.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    THOUGHT YOU COULD SLIP EXTRA NUMBERS BY ME?? I PLAYED COOKIE CLICKER MOTHER FUCKER, I KNOW A QUADRILLION WHEN I SEE ONE

OT: I think that PB should be added and the timer should be upped to 5h(?)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:13 PM
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    So as a DK how much int I need?

14. OP
    OP
    thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    20 INT will be plenty safe, but really you only need 10.

15. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:13 PM
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    I need 10 for each wash or I need to put 10 int and be done with it?

16. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    I think he means put 10 int. If I'm not wrong all warriors use up 4mp per reset. But it's true, warriors don't need a lot of extra INT to wash, 10-20 is good enough.

17. OP
    OP
    thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Yeah. Just put 10-20 INT in your AP as soon as possible (or get INT gear to get you up to that amount), then just continue leveling like normal. That will get you enough extra MP.

Depending on how much HP you want by a certain level, you should put more HP into AP. I am almost finished with the HP washing calculator I've been working on which will get integrated into @Robert@Robert's Ultimate MapleStory Calculator. I'll update soon!

18. OP
    OP
    thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Bumping this for a small update. I've completed my HP washing calculator (sort of). It's supposed to eventually get integrated into Robert's Ultimate MapleStory Calculator, but for now you can have a way to use it standalone.

Download the following zip file: https://github.com/travislbrundage/MapleCalculators/archive/master.zip

Then simply drag the "hp-washing-standalone.html" file into the URL of your browser and you can use the calculator.

The current standalone is pretty ugly, but it functions. Also, note that it will be using average values, so take the results as an educated guess. I plan to later add the option to use minimums or maximums.

Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  19. epiclol21

epiclol21 Slime

May 24, 2015
    Female
    Qutie
    Spearman
    Can someone tell me what does HP washing do since when I read this post everyone seems to know what it is but me o-o

20. OP
    OP
    thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    HP washing essentially is just a method of increasing your Maximum HP. It's so that you can survive hits from bosses like Horntail.