1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurricane drop rate lower??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floris, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    1:26 PM
    Hi ~

So in this thread I have seen people mentioning that hurricane has a lower drop rate for event drops? Can someone confirm that?
    Also are other droprates lower using hurricane as well? (etcs/gacha/piece of time or w/e)

Any input from people who play/have played a bowmaster is much appreciated C:
    Thanks in advance <3

2. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    2:26 PM
    Hero
    hello floris

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    hii <3 uwu

4. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    4:26 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Staff won't confirm these droprate related questions unfortunately. But from personal experience (through farming many event dailies), single target skills (basic attack, double shot, lucky 7, etc) have better event etc droprate than AOE/4th job skills.

iirc, after doing halloween pumpkin collection for 30 days on my cleric/sin, I got around 40% more candies on my sin (using lucky 7) over the cleric (using heal). This assumes that pumpkins have uniform droprate over skills (which I think is the case).

And as for hurricane, It definitely got me less candies than basic attack when I was candy farming (but I don't have any numbers on how much worse).

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I know they won't confirm anything so I was wondering if people had some experience with this! Thanks so much for the info, I was aware of the aoe/single target ability difference but am mostly wondering how the difference is between farming with basic attack/double shot or hurricane.
    Any thoughts on hurricane non-event/gach droprate?

6. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    11:26 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    The general consensus is that what is known is rarely shared and what is not known is always up for debate.

for me my general rule of thumb is if i can kill more mobs in a shorter time surely the act of sheer mass decimation quantity will average out and lead to a higher drop rate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yes hurricane and mage ults are both nerfed for event drops.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Thanks! Is it just for event drops? :3

9. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Mage ults are also nerfed for gach. I’m not sure about the hurricane interaction with gach tickets.

10. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:26 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Tldr; don't listen to what anyone says LMFAO there's a lot of confirmation bias involved, and I've seen a bunch of people talk about how rates are, and a lot of times they're so far from the truth its insane xD

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:26 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    First, there is literally NO EVIDENCES on this logic. Every stuffs are from my experience so believe or not.

I distribute drops as 2 types - common, and global.

Common drop means drops designated on specific monsters. This includes gears, scrolls, etc, mesos, and card. In short, if you can see drops in library, I'd call it common.

Global drop means drop which 'forcely-added' on every monsters in different logic of which common uses. This includes gach tiks, and event stuffs. And here is area where 'magic of coding' works.

In my view It was hard to see common droptable sensors skill and modify droprate based on it. But it was quite obvious for global drops. And cane (and rapidfire) was, obviously target of that sensor, compared with baaic attack, or 1vs1 skills like magic claw, under consideration of 'per kills'.

Have no idea for 'how much exactly?'. It's beyond area of players.

12. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    7:26 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    So are you saying that you know the intricacies behind skill/drop rate, and perhaps the actual drop rate figures?

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Nah, it's so secretive he blindfolds himself before bashing the numberpad. That's how drop rate is decided

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    To keep us on our toes, they are going to make vday event farming only good for 2nd job moves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1