1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I/L Bossing #2 - BGA Solo

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Edann, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    1:12 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Textbook example of a hubris.
    There was an attempt.

• Like x 9
    • Funny x 7
    • Great Work x 5
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    3:12 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Oh god, I would never consider doing a BGA solo unless I had 3 BS constantly shielding me. Probably the most annoying boss to solo X_X

You should try the NT bosses! Nameless and Nib are lightning weak, so not too bad :D

3. OP
    OP
    Edann

Oct 24, 2020
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta

For sure! Ive been running more and more of those, there's even some benefits to running Dunas as it's VERY easy to tp in and out of his dispel/knockbacks. ALSO, Verg's first body is lightning-weak, and since it's by far the majority of his HP, you end up being of decent use there as well (eventho the second body is lightning resistant).

The hardest part is convincing ppl to run w an AM - its unpopular, so people think it's way less viable than it is. If you're ever running and feel like having me, hmu in-game any time! I'd love to join ^^

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    4:12 AM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    Recruiting Attackers? Bring a NL. Oof, NLs' damage is crap without SE, guess we R> BM/MM. Crap, not enough HP to take a hit? R> DrK. Maybe get a Shadower for smoke for extra survivability. Now that we have a DrK, we'll want him/her to have more DPS so let's get a Bucc. We also need HS cause now we have too many people in the party, run might be cancelled if we don't get one. Boom, party is ALREADY FILLED.

The stigma of bringing what "feels best" for the party is what's wrong with this game, let alone this server. Don't get me wrong, though. This is a solid party and even I don't go on runs unless the necessary classes are going, but most people who do "fun runs" really only care about grinding/leveling up, profiting, or actually be able to finish rather than just enjoying their time with each other. I'm always down to run ANY BOSS with ANY GROUP. Just HMU with who/what we're fighting.

Also, I figured I throw this in here for Gits and Shiggles. Hell, it may have taken me FOUR HOURS to do it, but at least I can say I DID IT.
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.03 - 02.29.51.67 (2).png

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Yeah I guess having a nice guild/alliance is pretty key. We always run 10-12 man HT/CWK where mages are always welcome. I was in a daily 3-man nib with my IL (even whited some bodies if WC was frequent :p). The best part about mages though, is that they are basically full strength without needing any buffs, so you can tack them on in any comp (if the stigma of 7 man goes away, i guess). I think the party comp issue sorta goes away at higher levels, cus you and your guildies start having multiple mules (especially ones that benefit their attacker). So HS and SE are usually taken care of pretty easily.

And yeah BGA is def S tier bragging rights :p. I solo'd nameless in 90 minutes and nib in 70 minutes i think haha.

6. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    5:12 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Such a stunning attempt
    One day you'll get it
    Hopefully he doesn't kick you out of the map anymore.

cough
    I love this thing to bring I/Ls to bossing
    feel more fun than leechmachine #420 so im all for it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Cavern

Cavern Mano

Feb 8, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I support archmages coming into boss battles. Regardless of dps/damage, in the end, I'm just here to play this server for fun. If I honestly cared about essential bossing classes I wouldn't be playing an old school private server. The people here is what makes me keep playing and what comes 2nd is the old skill designs, mobs, bosses, and items.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    Edann

Oct 24, 2020
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Wish more ppl were like you LOL
    (Not even bc the dmg actually isn't bad at all, but as long as it's not literally insignificant - no ones gonna die if the boss took a couple mins extra, I swear).

I whisp almost 100% of smegas I see recruiting for NT (or other bosses too), and so far I've only been taken on once lol

People either stop responding entirely or wait a couple mins then say they're full (or in the worse case say sm like "pepega go sell leech"). Trying to host gets me to a very similar result, so if both of you feel like it gimme a shout in-game or just add me, I'd love to go hunt w/e!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Aww that's unfortunate. I would've thought weenies would have more guild/alliance runs. Relying on randos has never been kind for me either ):

I'm currently retired until the next event, but will try to invite in the future :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:12 AM
    iPippy
    The biggest thing holding back an i/l from nt content is the need for a bit of hp wash or other hp investment or hb for vergamot (and nameless safely). Vergamot has a lightning strong body that in a vacuum makes the overall elemental boost ~10% above ele neutral, but verga2 loses the gun making ranged life easier. It's also fire weak so ifrit or a pally friend can put in some work here.

Dunas might as well have been designed for mage, as damage reflect is melee only, and the dispels can either be avoided through moving away or hanging on the top right roof to stay out of range (fp should be able to play here as well).

Nib and nameless are both lightning weak dummy dpm, while the rest of the party does nothing but watches during nib weapon cancels.

The people that dont know that mage (i/l specific) can nt just fine probably arent worth running with anyways, and the ones that do understand also know nt is dead content SlimeCool

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1