1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I made a huge mistake. Am I done for?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by tinyjoyfawn, Mar 9, 2021.

1. tinyjoyfawn

tinyjoyfawn Blue Snail

Mar 9, 2021
    12:57 AM
    tinyjoyfawn
    Beginner
    I started playing the other day. Decided to aim for xbow guy, and wanting not to fuck anything up in the early days I looked up a guide and whatnot.

I am now a lvl 28 bowman with 65 AP invested in INT. Not through gear.

I think I severely misunderstood the 10int thing when it comes to HP washing. Was under the impression that if I pumped in 100 INT then I could just leave the whole HP washing thing on the back burner until waaaay later when I have no choice but to understand it. But I got bored and stumbled upon sad info saying that jazz was gear related. Not a billion NX reset related.

My question is: Should I just abandon the character? (quit) Or is there any way to redeem this? Also, I miss being a kid and not understanding consequences.

2. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    3:57 PM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I'd recommend checking out Nise's new HP washing formula guide, as it will give you a better idea on the impact of base INT and INT from equips.

Link: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/nises-hp-washing-formula-compilation.38558/

But, if you're too lazy to read it, the general thing to know about getting more MP for HP washing is.

MP gained from level up = (some range of MP based on job) + (Total INT [base INT + equip INT] / 10)
    MP gained from Fresh AP = (some constant MP based on job) + (base INT / 10)

**Fresh AP = the AP you gained from leveling up, but you haven't assigned it to anything yet

3. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Int gears are expensive and aren't totally necessary, especially if you aren't funded. Base int and time are more important variables to making a well washed character. Getting 100 base int as early as possible is great and I'd keep going

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:57 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Every players do mistake during their own journey, and during those mistake experiences, they learn about this game.

What matter is, so, can you get with it, or not. So sadly, I can't answer simply you should quit that character or not. It's matter of mind, not T/F.

If I were you, I'd restart and hit exact number for INT which you need, since lv.28 isn't hard to remake for me. but your first chara gave you lesson that you won't get if you didn't play it - that's valuable. redo or not, is, your choice.

Just don't forget this [mapletip] - you'll see occasionally while you play - Nothing nor Nobody is perfect.

Welcome to maplelegends.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:57 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    no yr not done for, its just not as optimized.

getting 100int asap without gear can still get u impressive amount of HP (8.5k-9k depending on how many levels u wanna wash for) - look for the low int washing guide for more info on this

6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    if you want to play the game and enjoy it low levels. honestly, you could just go 60base int, so you can grind and still do damage. Theres enough HP gear items, that can give you over 2k extra HP.
    as you level, you'll automatically gain washes, and end up funding for int gear. It is not the end of the world. Kimmy also stated in the future for ML, there could be potential more HP items. Tons of Events also comes out with HP items, and more HP scrolls and etc (the new eye for HP scrolls are pretty insane).

I know some people who did 60base int, and they're playing comfortably.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I have 260 base INT and I play comfortably, for me, but thats because I'm sweaty and made my own Bishop on a separate account so that I can play both at the same time.

Its all up to you on how much INT you want to have I'd suggest going with what Fishy said its the best to go with and have fun playing the character without having to make and play two at once.

Personal preference though ^_^

Good luck and welcome to ML.

8. OP
    OP
    tinyjoyfawn

tinyjoyfawn Blue Snail

Mar 9, 2021
    tinyjoyfawn
    Beginner
    Just to be clear because despite all the help here I still find this whole thing extremely confusing lmao - but doesn't that result in 100 AP wasted in INT? Or is the long-term goal to get those points reset and into DEX?

9. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Trade off of hp washing is that you sacrifice damage by having base int. So you're right in that you lose damage, but it's necessary in order to have enough total int to gain excess MP on level ups. When you've gained enough excess MP and you no longer need base int, then you reset it back into your main stat (in this case, dex).

And like I said, int gear is expensive, so i had to tough out the loss in damage with base int. Some people will "self leech" their characters with a mage of theirs, but I didn't have that luxury. Plus I wanted to play the game with my ranged attacker, so I put in 100 base int and have been enjoying the grind.

10. OP
    OP
    tinyjoyfawn

tinyjoyfawn Blue Snail

Mar 9, 2021
    tinyjoyfawn
    Beginner
    Alrighty then, well, I feel a lot better. Guess we keep going on this strange wise archer route then. Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    5:57 PM
    One way to think about it is that putting more base int will make your character weaker in the short-term, but in the long-term you can always reset int back into dex. No matter how much base int you put in the beginning, if you later decide you don't need that much int (either because you have enough MP, or your character is too weak to be playable, etc...) you can always reset some int back into dex once you have enough NX. But the converse doesn't always work out so nicely - if you level up too much and realize you didn't have enough int, it might be pretty difficult to fix.

12. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Yay I hope you can hit your HP goals and still have fun with the game! It's a hit in damage, but you should still be dealing enough to get buy. I also recommend getting a zakum helmet as soon as you hit level 50 since it can give about +15 int, up to 17 int max if you're lucky. And then there's silver deputy star, which gives you +5 int. Those two items are the most cost effective int gears to get and they also up your other stats so your damage increases. Hit me up if you have any questions!

• Friendly Friendly x 2