1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I think NX CASH may raise for one vote

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by SmashBros, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmashBros

SmashBros Slime

Apr 21, 2015
    None
    5:05 PM
    SmashBros
    Paladin
    One vote per 24hours for only 5000NX, I think it is too low.
    This server is the best server i have ever played,I hope it can be more closely to players.
    And thanks all MapleLegends staffs' effort that we could play such a agood game.

2. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    10:05 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    The NX is more than enough on a daily basis, if it were to be any higher it would definitely decrease the amount of votes the server gets. Votes bring in traffic. There are going to be other ways to gain NX but they haven't been added yet.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    12:05 PM
    Wont matter what i say about it , Kim will smash me on the head with her hammer
    So , no support from my side.
    5k its fine

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:05 AM
    Moderator Post
    There's reasons I want it balanced. Example, there's this 1x/1x/1x Classic MapleStory server where you get about 12000 each 24 hours and all you have left to buy there is charms and gachapon tickets, as well as 2x cards. What's the fun in that?

Also, too much Cash ruins the Gachapon economy, causing a way too big flood in the market. Also, it makes some items even cheaper, such as Charms, Teleport Rocks, etc.

Cash wasn't free in GMS, so you still need some effort (and time especially, like every "nostalgic server") to achieve stuff.

I think 5000 is fine.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    5:05 AM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Are you guys still planning on implementing other ways to get NX?

5000 NX a day makes it very difficult to HP wash especially since AP resets aren't tradeable. I need around 2 months of voting every day to wash enough HP to survive HT, and reset out my int. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for people who need to wash more than that.

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I wouldn't see 2 months long for a low rate server. There's no way you reach HT level by 2 months in 2x EXP anyways. Not going try create the typical HP washing convos, but in GMS you had to pay real life money to wash, making pretty much only the hardcore rich people be able to wash. In Private Servers this is already way more simple, so I see every wash you get as a bonus "handicap"

Old school servers get boring if you achieve end game too fast, which is why I don't want things too quick.

Oh, and yes to your "other way" question. However, we are still discussing how to achieve this in a "least as possible" abusable way.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    2:05 AM
    NSFW
    I don't think any class needs to HP wash more than hunter.
    Thief maybe? But they have avoid.

8. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    DrKs have to HP wash to Zerk properly at HT I believe. I might be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    I think 5k a day is too much. This is supposed to be a GMS-like server, so it's like everyone is going out and spending $5 a day on NX cash.

10. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I think 5k is just fine. The difference between here and GMS is that if I wanted 100k NX on GMS I could spend $100. Here, we're limited to 5k no matter what.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    5:05 PM
    5k is fine. If any changes have to be made, I would much rather it be lowered than raised.

In terms of emulating NX gain in real servers, 5k a day is like spending $150 a month, which is probably more than what the average player would spend on maple.

I agree with Kim that HP Washing is a terribly expensive process that only people who were willing to blow a lot of money on the game could afford. So if 5k a day makes it hard to wash, then we're on the right track. This also avoids becoming like other servers that are full of thieves and bowman with ridiculously high amounts of HP, where HP washing is so easy it's that even challenging to build a bossing char regardless of job.

As for zerk, I've always felt that the skill was designed to be used on normal training mobs that don't hit a lot, so you could risk staying under the threshold better. It doesn't seem made to be used 100% of the time for bosses, more of a luxury you can enjoy if you're willing to work hard to wash enough HP or if you're ballsy and don't mind risking death for the extra damage.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I know the first time an increase was suggested, I was all about increasing it, but after doing some math, I figured out that the HP washing factor in the NX gain actually isn't too bad at all. It will be very doable. I definately don't suggest any lower though. 5k a day is perfect for enjoying a substantial amount of things that the CS offers. Basically, just enough for the things that I want.

13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It will not be lowered anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    That's true but very few people in GMS did that. At the time, majority of the players were kids or teenagers who couldn't afford that. Plus there was a good amount of people who didn't buy NX at all. However, here every single players get 5k nx cash a day.

15. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    12:05 PM
    "very few"
    Man i cant even describe to u how wrong u are.
    Oh boy i cant even say "very few" on people who spended more then 5000$

16. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    I only got nx like 2 or 3 times throughout 7ish years of playing maple back in the day. Granted, i had no money to spend as a kid otherwise I probably would've, but it made me have to work a bit more at the game which I liked. 5k is more than enough on it's own, let alone all the other negative possibilities Kim pointed out that could stem from a raise.

My 2ยข

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    Alright "very few" may not be the best phrase to use but hopefully you get my point. Majority of the GMS population where kids who didn't have $100s to spend on NX on a whim. I know people did, but I'd say the amount of people who spent little to none on NX far outweighs those who spent hundreds of thousands. Regardless, Kim pretty much shut this topic down so I guess arguing is pointless.

18. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    These are called "whales". They seem to be more populous than they are, but in reality they are a very small percentage. It's just that they get all the perks and showing off and usually play the game much more than the average player, who is essentially 'invisible' to them...

To be honest, 5k NX/day sounds like a pretty good average (mean) to what was spent by players in GMS. Note the difference between mean and median. I imagine the median was much lower.

19. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    As quoted, the verdict has been reached. Rejected.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Just want to add here that OP asked for higher, my reply was for people mentioning 5k is too high.

As of higher, to end this topic as well. We can always have temp vote boost events once in while, but no permanent increases and no decreases at all.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.