1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to know if..

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Lior, May 7, 2015.

1. Lior

Lior Slime

May 7, 2015
    Male
    1:10 AM
    Beginner
    Hey guys, I just happned to find this private server. I'm very happy I found it, because I have played Mapleroyals untill now. The reason I want to quit royals is because their xp is crazy, you can lvl from 40-69 in few hours.. thats not the old maplestory I fell in love with. I really want to join the game and meet new friends. However, I have to know somthing: I want to know if allot of people play this game. the reason I joined royals was because It wasnt empty and you could find people if you wanted to. It seems like this server is new and not allot of people are playing it, and i'm scared it will not get any popular (it has 130 online players right now). What do you think guys? I really dont want to feel like i'm all alone in this server. I hope more allot of people play it as well...

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:10 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hi,

Well, this server is currently the second biggest "nostalgic" server in 1 month and few days. A lot of people are concerned about activity (in general, not just here), but the key for users to fix this is to invite friends and be dedicated. If you leave, you cause the problem to get bigger.

Anyways, back to the point. I don't see this server to die any time soon. In fact, I see it only growing because of our challenge, which is something a lot has been waiting for. We are still active developing it and our goal is to have literally everything working v0.62 has to offer (with few exception such as 2x cards/drops).

I would say first try it out for couple days. This server is surely smaller than Royals, but Royals is 2 years old and we are 1 month old. Royals will forever have a lot of people due to marketing and promoting. Royals is a very trusted server to never die out, which is why most people go there. However, like you say, Royals is not as GMS-like as we are.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    4:10 PM
    NSFW
    [​IMG]

royals is awful, legends is better than royals in literally every single way.
    in terms of experience, server is 2x exp with no 2x cards. some people say that they want a 1x server but whenever a server tries to go 1/1/1 rates, it becomes chock-full of hackers, so it really isn't worth the effort for the small amount who do want it.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    11:10 PM
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    Im new here as well. i would like to say you cant expect a new server to have loads and loads of people playing it right away, but as time goes by it will grow, id say play and be active, and tell people about it, this in return will bring more people, each time 1 new user joins and plays actively they are helping the server grow alot more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    4:10 PM
    Honestly a really impressive amount of people play here especially for the server being so new. Also, with MapleStory, you have to keep in mind it's not really dependent on having that many players. A server can continue running with around 20 or so active players. Here there's 100~200 on every time I check. Consider also how this server makes it harder to multilog and those are likely all unique users, unlike on some other servers where the number is buffed due to multiclienting.

I think servers like Legends and Royals are only going to increase in popularity as so many people are seeking out the nostalgic MapleStory experience. I know so many of my friends who played the old game really yearn for a "new MapleStory" game to come out, but nothing comparable ever has, and most pservers have been between mediocre and bad quality. The only quality concern I've had with Legends is that the server doesn't seem able to stand up for a long time without being restarted. However the admins and developers are active and constantly fixing content, they listen to suggestions and most importantly are critical about what they include or not. I think the biggest problem I've had with other servers is the people running it don't understand the game and tend to muck it up. (I have this fear with Royals, too)

So all in all, I have high hopes for Legends and even as it stands right now it is an excellent server with plenty of players. Even finding Ludi PQ's is not that hard, which says something.

• Like Like x 5
  6. OP
    OP
    Lior

Lior Slime

May 7, 2015
    Male
    1:10 AM
    Beginner
    I joined the game, already lvl 15 pirate. I hope the server will grow up with the time. Thank you all very much!

• Like Like x 1