1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea to facilitate Washing: make Base INT a minor part of the Weapon Attack formula.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Feeed, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    9:54 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Ok I know this sounds stupid but hear me out

Problem:
    There's a barrier to entry when HP washing. If you're not leeching, you're committing to playing a gimped character. This makes the washing process daunting for new players and annoying for existing players.

Constraints:
    - HP Washing, to some capacity, is good for the health of the server.
    - We don't want to make previous efforts obsolete.
    - We don't want to make it faster to make a washed character.
    - We just don't want to touch the washing mechanic itself at all really

Solution:
    Make Base INT (not INT from gear, if possible) part of the weapon attack formula. But like, significantly less than main stat. I don't have an actual number to propose but maybe 1/2 or 1/3 as good as main stat just to throw something out there.

Think about it. If you're leeching, this changes absolutely nothing for you. If you're actually playing your character, this makes your life easier as you're not gimped nearly as hard, but you're still struggling harder than non-washers for your efforts. In the grand scheme of things, this changes nothing about the washing mechanic.

To those who say "WeLl WhY wOuLd InT iNcReAsE dAmaGe?!"- because smarter characters know how to use their weapons for effectively. Checkmate. (thx Reiver <3)

The only con I see is that non-ML damage calculators would not be accurate (and current ones would need to be updated), but is doing MORE damage than expected a bad thing?

Conclusion
    This is a good idea I swear

• Disagree x 9
    • Like x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    6:54 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The only inadvertent downside to this idea is that you'd also be buffing every class (outside of mages) slightly due to the free ~40 INT from their pendants and helms.

3. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    9:54 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    True.

Make the bonus Base INT only then :)

Will update~

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Another positive outcome of this is that Maple Island content would be made a bit faster for both mages and all the INT mules as they won't be stuck doing 1-2 damage.
    I would also be interested in seeing iies's attack damage on a snail if these changes were to be made.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:54 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I dislike this idea because HP washing already allows people to break the game. Ranged classes are supposed to be glass cannons. Making HP washing easier by making this type of change just makes it easier to reach higher HP thresholds these characters should never be reaching to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    There is a difference between glass cannon and not able to take a single hit though. I hate hp washing too. Give every class the minimum to not be locked out of any content and even remove hp washing is what I wish for.

8. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washing-to-be-optional-on-maplelegends.26370/

If you reference this guide there are only 3 bosses you cannot do if you do not HP wash a single point. Vergamot's attacks are all dodgeable so it's doable and Toad was never meant to be done by ranged characters. That leaves us with pink bean which does have the highest threshold. Akash's guide has no mention of event rings which provide an additional 500-600 HP at the moment. This would bring the minimum HP of any ranged attacker to 7.3K. That leaves us with a 4.4K differential, which requires 245 fresh washes to achieve. This would require you to level up with an average of 154 total int (not base) for 190 levels which means you can probably get by with about 70-100 int + some moderate tier int gear. Although training with 70-100 is not what I would call easy, it's also not what I would call difficult.

This also ignores the fact that staff has stated one of their goals for 2021 is to introduce more ways to get HP into the server, so we will have to see what they come up with. If they are successful in introducing more gear it just makes washing that much more optional and reduces that int threshold I mentioned above.

• Informative Informative x 1