1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideal single target DPM ranking.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zorele, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    4:46 PM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Hello guys, I wanted to make this post to see what you guys thought would be the “ideal” single target damage placement. I’ll start it up with my very own list. I decided to not include mages since truth be told I don't have much of an opinion on them yet. Feel free to add them. As a disclaimer I don't think there should be a “massive” difference between each class, this is merely how the game would make more sense IMO.

1. Corsair
    2. Pally on fire/holy weak mobs
    3. NL
    4. MM on damage reduction (pb body) / Shads on wep cancel /dr bosses (tied on high def + wep cancel/dr, below if only wep cancel/dr)
    5. BM
    6. MM (slightly lower gap between BM and MM on high wep def)
    7. Shad on normal bosses/ Buccaneer on high defense bosses
    8. Buccaneer on low defense
    9. Paladin elemental neutral pally
    10. Hero/DK (If cleave content was relevant)

Rationale:

Corsair: Big no brainer, Playing them requires extra effort compared to other classes and there is a certain degree of skill expression. They basically currently fit in this role with the exception of PB where NLs are superior.

Pally: The whole niche about the class should be being strong at elemental weak bosses but would be too strong if they performed at this level at every element so at least this level of damage should be achieved on fire and holy weak( They should still be up there on other elements).

Nightlord: They have very high damage uptime/base dmg and perform and should perform at a high level in essentially every boss.

MM: Placed higher than BM in this scenario since it would make sense for them to shine here plus they are reliant on SI while BM is good raw.

Shads: Shads should also have their content where they are considered specifically good. This would allow them to truly shine in some bosses most notably PB. They should also be below BM/MM since they have a higher damage uptime.

BM: Should be better than MM in most “dummy bosses” but leaving room for MM to excel

Buccaneer: Buccaneers have a key role in pinning, provide TL and SI. This spot for the class is what would make the most sense. Still good/relevant damage but not above classes who provide less benefits.

Hero/DK: These two are quite complicated. Before I speak much about DK I'd like to see what the xmas patch has for us. Hero inherently has a sound role in pre bb but the content route legends decided to go for doesn’t endorse cleaving. Assuming there was good cleaving content, heroes would already be considered an S tier class. It's hard for me to place them high on the single target damage since they do in theory have their niche.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:46 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hot take:

Buccaneer should do the same single target DPS as shadower. The amount of utility buccaneers provide with SI, TIME LEAP, and the ability to crowd control with barrage, snatch, corkscrew blow rivals that of bishops, a pure support class. Take into account that having iframes on their main DPS attacks (barrage + demolition) means they lose very little dpm from stressful situations and use much less potions than normal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Do you mean current shadower or my "ideal scenario". I do agree with you, I feel like buccs don't make much sense but I think a big part of that is due to how shit some classes are not not inherently with the amount of damage they do. I actually calculated what shadowers dpm would be assuming cracked gear. I assumed 23 att gloves, 150 att dagger, 35 att shield 15 att cape and the highest dpm they can achieve is around 9.9m. It would make a lot more sense for buccaneers to do that damage than shadowers imo.

I think if we're talking strictly of what makes sense to me it doesn't make sense that buccs, pally on elemental neutral, heroes on single target do more ST than shads. According to my calculations the gap seems quite nasty too. sub 10m on that level of funding is pretty tragic.

4. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:46 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Hot take:

Corsair should do the same single target DPS as shadower. The amount of utility corsair can get out of farming DARK WYVERN with AIR STRIKE rivals that of mages/bishop, a pure farming class. Take into account that they use much less MP potions than mages/bishops.

• Creative Creative x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Assuming all classes are heavily washed with maxed timeless gear, all dummy dpm:
    1. Dragon Knights when hyperzerking (15m)
    2. Corsair (14.5m)
    3. Paladin (14m dummy elemental)
    4. BM (14m)
    5. Shad (13m)
    6. MM (13m)
    7. Hero/DK/Paladin (12.5m)
    8. NL (12.5m)
    9. Bucc (12m)
    This gives a tighter spread amongst all classes and takes into account dpm efficiency as a whole from being ranged vs. melee, having avoid or stance, or having niche purposes.

I think buccaneers deserve to be the lowest damage dealing class considering their multipurpose kit with TL and aggro mechanics.

• Like Like x 5
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:46 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    bucc lobby will never allow substantial nerfs

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    2:46 PM
    Corsair
    1. DrK
    2. Sair
    3. Bucc
    4. IL / FP Mages
    5. MM / BM
    6. Pally / Hero / Shad / NL
    7. Bishop

Ordered based on trading APM for more damage. IMO classes should get more damage when more effort is put in. I'm not accounting for buffs and utility, only effort vs DPM.

edit: added mages. Dispel is spooky for them so they go higher. Bishops take high effort but they have a very special role as a utility only class. It'd feel weird if they did a lot of damage. I'd suggest buffs to the utility instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    But if we say that bucc has an enormous amount of utility, very high damage efficiency and uses very little pots, why should they still then be doing the same damage as a shad, which offers much less? Surely "not dying in statues under a specific strategy" isn't enough of a reason, especially considering shads aren't necessary for PB to begin with.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Doing as low damage as a shad is a punishment no class deserves kek, it was even worse than what I originally thought.

10. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    5:46 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    NLs being the most expensive job by far isnt taken in consideration tho. That's difficult

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This take is too hot for me to handle.

Why do you want to discount the survivability and avoid, the actual strengths of the shad class? Anywhere seduce is a mechanic, shad has relevance. Shad still has some advantages over bucc such as cleave.

Current shadower. I also think you are on extreme copium with regards to how bad you think shadower currently is. Have you ever played on a character without avoid or iframes in HT or PB? You will output a much smaller percentage of your dummy dpm compared to a high avoid class like shadower.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I still disagree. The damage gap is too big where the dmg up time is not even close to being "enough". Avoid plus shifter for shads is roughly 80% stance. Warriors have 90% stance , plus higher single target damage. Archers have lower damage uptime but not as low as many imply. They have range and need to readjust less while having some avoid and higher dmg overqll, corsairs damage is so high than even at a boss like ht they can still be the best performer despite ship breaks and lower avoid, NLs have similar avoid rate and infinitely more damage. I don't think im exagerating how bad it is. For reference i calculated the dmg a shad would do with extreme fundng and their ceiling is just shy of 10m even when i took into account a one of a kind item (35 att shield) that's miles behind other classes and their dmg uptime is not even close to compensating for that. Straight up shad might be the only attacker whose single target dunmy is close to 10m (i verified my calculations by comparing actual dpms and their given range vs the calculated). Also shdowers shouldn't be really using bstep at HT so their iframes limit to the party wide smoke. I'm genuinely curious to what my extreme copium is when i think it's fairly obvious how far behind shads are.

The whole narrative seems to be that shadowers are fine because they aren't "bad enough" or they have some likeable characteristics like avoid and reduced pot costs just like NL has, or their independence when in reality they'd still perform at a very similar level/worse than classes not using their "needed buffs" (excluding nl on se) while we also forget their dependence on active bishops to maximize their dmg in many scenarios or their insane 7f rates when heroes and dk do better or their cleaving when it's literally half the dmg a hero or dk does or the dmg uptime they have when they still perform significantly worse on their "godly" dmg up time.

If the dmg uptime gap would ever compensate for the dmg gap, i'm sure it would be obvious in your quoted scenarios. Shads still suck at ht, they still do less statue damage than other classes.

• Creative Creative x 3
  13. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    Are NLs really the most expensive job by far? In what sense? The cost of their weapons? Throwing stars? Pot usage? I'm not entirely convinced that this is actually true.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I can't believe anyone would pick 90% stance over 85% avoid.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I'm not making an argument for what's better, i'm merely making a point regarding damage uptime. I agree avoid is nicer.

16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:46 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Where are you even getting 85% avoid?

17. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    one of the cheapest if you look in terms of damage/cost scaling with wa. the reason why they aren't the cheapest is because bucc exists

18. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    5:46 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    it was a joke

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Wanted to clarify this. I mostly pulled this number from memory. In terms of what it should be for legends I took a lvl 200 shad stats and with the info given here calculated it https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-avoidability-formula.26694/ avoid plus shifter should be around 79% for shads, I could be wrong on this I'm looking forward for someone to correct this information if it is in fact wrong. (I'm not entirely sure how shifter would be factored in but from raw avoid it should be roughly 65%)

20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:46 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea 74% is much more likely and a far cry from 85.

• Agree Agree x 1