1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by xDanielBRL, Jul 6, 2015.

Good ideas?

1. Yes!

2. Nah!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xDanielBRL

xDanielBRL Slime

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    8:39 AM
    Unknown
    Beginner
    Dear Maplers,

So I was thinking about some ideas to improve the fun of this server. So I've found a few points which will be explained below.

Hammers:

So, basicly everyone spends his nx on gachapon, so I was thinking about any other options to spend your nx on. In my opinion hammers are perfect to solve this problem. Hammers can be applied @ any equipment, which will gives you an extra slot. The max number of hammers that can be applied will be 2, which will give you 2 extra slots. (Just like in GMS)

Gifts:

I've seen alot new people in FM begging for mesos. I know it's hard to earn mesos when you are new on this server. So I would suggest nx can be gifted. This makes it way easier for new people to earn some money fast.

More Hired Merchants:

I have noticed it is not possible to have 2 Hired Merchants on 2 different characters. I currently don't have enough space in my Hired Merchant to sell all my shit. I think when it's possible to have multiple hired merchants there will be more stores in the Free Market. Currently there are only stores in FM1-FM9. The more stores, the better!

Exp Cards:

I think exp cards will be a good idea to add @ the Cash Shop, but they have to be expencive. So you have to vote a whole week (for example) to afford a 4hours 2x exp card.

I think with the above ideas will force everyone to vote often (basicly people below lvl 45). I would like to hear your opinion about these ideas.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post

This is a feature from 0.83 and is not possible to be added (nor will we if we could).

NX gifting has been disabled for reasons you actually want it added. In other servers people have a lot of AP reset mules which they earn millions with, either legit or by vote abusing, which makes it possible to gain mesos without playing, which is not something I want to see in Legends, nor was it possible in GMS, except with MTS (which later got removed as well, and never existed in Europe Maple).

This cannot be changed.

2x cards do not work in Private Servers and demotivate people to only train when they have said card. No, never.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  3. J4sper

J4sper Brown Teddy

May 29, 2015
    Male
    7:39 AM
    Jasper
    Warrior
    Absolutely bad ideas, everything that you said will make a server worse. I'm sorry, but MapleLegends don't want to eventually become royals/gms.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    11:39 PM
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    How?

5. Crystalis

Crystalis Horny Mushroom

May 28, 2015
    Male
    2:39 AM
    Crystalis
    Bandit
    I hate to say it, but those suggestions all go against what Legends stands for. I especially don't think it's right that I could, in theory, just vote a bunch of times, newly join a server, and be an instant millionaire because I can sell AP Resets. That ruined two other servers for me. How is it challenging and GMS-like if I could just sell an AP Reset and bam! I have 20m instantly for no effort at all. It also encourages a heavy elitist community where you're EXPECTED to have a godly HP washed character or you can forget getting accepted into boss runs. Oh, and you better have all perfect gear too, especially as a Night Lord.

Doesn't help that they also have scissors to allow any run of the mill noob to get a Zhelm with no effort, hammers to make godly gear even more godly and farmable Chaos Scrolls to the point they're nearly worthless. Hell, one server I was on had its economy almost completely run by WHITE SCROLLS because of a custom PQ that was essentially a boss rush and one of the rewards you could buy were White Scrolls. So instead of having a 2x 30% and 4x 60%'ed item being considered godly, you're EXPECTED to have a 100% perfect clean item and then devote 50-120 White Scrolls towards 100% perfect scrolling it with 10% scrolls. It makes the game harder for casual players and noobs alike to enjoy because you're expected to have all this sickly overpowered crap that wouldn't be possible on a server like this without insane luck.

In short, I don't support any of the suggestions above because they will trivialize the game and ultimately ruin the server long-term.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I actually had a similar story in a 2x exp server with 2x cards. The server aimed to be nostalgic but had so many events where you could win White Scrolls and Chaos Scrolls for very cheap price, as well as end game content with Boss Party Quest. Obviously that made the server not grow at all, because what's the point of the game still if you give out the end game prize? The server I talk about is actually part of reason this server now exists, because after long years of waiting there was just not anyone that could create a proper low rate GMS-like server, while one is close and still on-going, it had other flaws and very slow updates.

The poll also clearly shows that barely anyone is interested in the ideas of OP, so I give it a few more hours for people to leave their opinion and than I'll close it.

7. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    1:39 AM
    My responses are in bold in the quotes :)
    I'm sorry if I come across as a prick or something but I'm just giving my opinions on each of the suggestions you made. I would love to hear your opinion if you have more suggestions that may benefit the server though! OnionF2

8. Plaudible

Plaudible Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    12:39 AM
    Plaudible
    Ranger
    Valhalla
    Personally, I just want more events. I've noticed that at least within our alliance activity has really gone down, yesterday I saw dalmascus peak at 2 people online. Then again I've been off for a while, but I feel like doing something that brings the community together (i.e. boss events in certain towns, or events like ola ola, etc.) will help bring some activity back. IMO we don't need more features or stuff. At its current state, the server is just grinding and bossing and party questing, with not much other stuff to enjoy. At least, that's my input but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say. What do you think?

• Like Like x 4