1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Imminent Buccaneer Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by joota, May 31, 2020.

1. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    4:20 AM
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Please rectify your analysis. If your are including main stats like LUK for shadower to indicate avoid i can understand. But DEX arent buccs main stats.

2. OP
    OP
    joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    1:20 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    DawnieDawnie I have 20 base dex and 161 dex from equips when using HTP+dex overall. That gets me to 386 avoid with bless and 406 avoid with Amorian Baskets!

A lot of it is from event items tho (2 rings and glasses to give me like 18 dex)

3. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Dont think you should be including those stats from equips. You are doing an analysis with bias there.

4. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    4:20 PM
    iPippy
    A reasonable baseline set of gear perhaps, but without gears you wouldnt even be wearing a weapon. It has a place, and the numbers are reasonable for wearing dex gears and additional avoid gained from helmet, htp, face, etc.

5. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    You are probably right. But i do not have eqs up to 180 or 200 DEX. My eqs are just right for me to equip my weapon. Which is around 120. My point is, do an analysis in general buccaneers, not base on your own buccaneer. DEX is not bucaneer's main stats, most people would scroll STR if they had a chance ...

6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Of course, most gears wont be that high dex in general usage. But if talking HT specific, switching to a higher dex set of gear isnt out of the ordinary. I've since stopped using them for my purposes, but the extra dex stats are far from considered a wasted point, and even useful in some situations/scenarios.

7. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Now you are gauging based on your own buccaneer since ure a often HT runner (maybe). Not all buccaneers would go on and add DEX for just the sake of HT. At least i dont c:

8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Its dex from gear, not changing around base stats so you'd keep those type of gears around to optimize stats for whatever fight (likely shares similarities to an acc set for 7f grinding). I'm still 20 base, but will put on htp for its sizeable boost in avoid. Others will even swap out things like overall, maybe even shoes from higher str to dex versions for an even larger boost, to get even higher avoid. I think it plays out fairly similarly in my usage swapping 1 STR for 1 DEX, with dex making for easier, more consistent runs, but a slightly lower average with good reposition tactics. I stopped switching anything but my htp, and even with just that, I'm still at like 345 avoid before basket or bless bonus.

9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    9:20 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    More stance less avoid on dex. This could fix everything perhaps o.o

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    bucc already so op with all the buffs people just don't know how to play it or have the preconceived opinion that it's bad. just like how pala's are now better then heroes but new players won't ever know that cuz balance changes aren't really being massed advertised. stop being bias just cause you main the class. even the balance team gm who did DPM testing used the wrong combo.

they have a an important si buff and timeleap
    they save a lot of pots due to iframes and high avoid. thus not really needing stance
    they are fun with multiple types of skills for different situations with mobility

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I still think a bit more reliable stance would be good so Bucc can cleave better or at all in HT (even tho bucc's cleave is just ok). And perhaps a stronger barrage so you don't lack as much when being normal; that all I ask for(unless transformation restrictions can be removed), oh and I forgot the stupid charge skill showing on the upper right corner.

Buccaneer, either way, is and will mostly be that job that you play if you like it or are passionate about, most buccs really love the job and the mechanics and finding small techs to enhance the performance of the job, that's why the job will stay a bit hard to find. Also is kinda sad that you can just make a dex bucc and get all the buffs with a sed mule all in on pack, all you need is a second PC.

Buccaneer is a lowkey a good class that most ppl will overlook and not pay attention too (most people don't even know what they can do) but still deserve jus a bit more to get more comfortable and do a bit more damage. Even if we get some buffs ppl will just always favor SE+NL combo on anything in this game

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    3:20 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    si modificas la velocidad de carga mandaras al la basura los tiempos de manejo por ejemplo en ht, vergamot, etc; donde el tiempo que usas demolición transformado es exactamente el tiempo en que carga la energía hasta que se termine super transformación luego el tiempo en que no estas transformado dura exactamente lo que tarda en descargarse completamente la burbuja de energía y puedas volver a super transformación y demolición, si usted quiere tener un mejor control de su carga de energía solo aproveche los cancel para mandar flash first en estado base (no vi a nadie hacerlo) o snatch en supertransformacion (por fin veo a buccs hacer esto en las ultimas runs que fui a ht), otra cosa que me gustaría compartir es que si tanto les preocupa ver cuanto dura la energía cargada, solo usen el cd de mp recovery como temporizador que es casi 2 cargas completas, si estas transformado la energía dura un cuarto del casillero de cd de transformación o la mitad de buff en la esquina superior derecha, por lo que sugiero poner estos skils en las teclas visibles donde se pueda ver el enfriamiento, esto no repara casos en que tengas que transformarte a mitad de la carga o viceversa, pero cubre por lo menos un 75% de los tiempos si eres un obsesionado con tener el control de tu energía, referente a energy orb vi que en zakum si funciona parcialmente pero de manera horizontal, es decir, logre ver en la animación que rebota hasta tres o cuatro bracos, en ht como ya dijeron se vuelve una habilidad pvp pero ocasionalmente aveces en la cola logra rebotar una vez a el brazo
    PD: SOÑAR NO CUESTA NADA XD

Attached Files:

13. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Si spameas demolicion ganas la carga mucho antes de que se te acabe la transformacion, a menos que dejes atacar para que jsutamente cuando vuevles a ser normal y aun asi tienes 10 segundos sin stance. Lo de cargarte usando flash fist esta bien pero prefiuero una manera de amntener stance mas tiempo y ser mejor cleaver en HT.

Now for the english speakers:
    If you spam demolition you get cahrged before the transformation ends, unless you jsut stop atatcking just so you get charged as soon as teh transforamtion ends, and even then you have 10 secodns iwthout stance. Using falsh fist to get fast charge on cancels is neat but I raehr have a mreo relaibel stance to cleave HT more.

14. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    tu estas considerando 100% stance y dices que carga antes de tiempo, por eso dije que flash first se debería usar solo en cancels (es la razón que lo tengo en lv 1 y prefiero ser troll con doble shot de vez en cuando) por que demolición o doble uppercout le gana en daño, lo de la carga de energía y demolición si son tiempos de carga casi exactos por que no eres iframe un 100% y las veces en que te golpean entre una demolicion y otra debes repocicionarte para no caer completamente abajo en alas y brazos que son las partes donde mas sufre un buccc y es por esa razon que consumes los 10 segundos extras que dices y cubres el 100% del tiempo y se arman los macros de transformado y de estado base con y sin carga de energía

15. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    No creo entenderte bien al 100% a pesar de que ambos habalamos español pero intentare reponderte. Por ahora lo que mas hago es estar en la parte izquierda pero me gustaria estar en la parte derecha ya que si haces cleave con barrage>dragon strike el daño es bastante decente, es mas si usas snatch es el mejor cleave que puedes hacer. El problema es stance, si tenemos demolition y se lo haces bien no te caes porque peudes andar para reposicionarte pero eso no es cleave, si pudiesemos tener una carga mas confiable y pudiesemos estar en esa paltaforma un poco mas para maximiar el daño de nuestro job HT seria muchisimo mejor. Si la neuva carga fuese mas manejable en bosses todo seria mejor, readaptarse no es un problema, de hecho con los buffs de bucc yo siempre me readaptado para mejorar mi rendimiento. Tambien un buff a barrage no nos vendria mal.

Translations:
    bla bla bla, better charge better stance on HT so we do better and buff barrage so non transformed we do a bit better, the end

16. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Solo me pareció extraño que digas "Si spameas demolicion ganas la carga mucho antes de que se te acabe la transformacion" esto es cierto si es que no te golpean en ningún momento pero ambos sabemos que siempre en ese lapso de tiempo de carga algún ataque te va a mover de la plataforma y vas a tener que ubicarte en tu lugar para seguir golpeando (aquí se compensa esa diferencia de tiempo que mencionas), agradezco que compartas tu experiencia de juego, en mi opinión si quieres el máximo daño combina snatch y energy charge y demolición cuando no lo tengas cargado hasta que caigan las alas por que solo usándolas como enganche te puedes reubicar rápido sin usar la cuerda en el lado derecho, después de eso lo mejor es ir a la cabeza izquierda para que dragon strike tenga mas objetivos y no caigas, como dices un bucc no es muy bueno en la cabeza derecha por que se cae mucho y es muy difícil predecir en base a las animaciones el tiempo exacto de iframe, lo intente varias veces pero la única forma que logre hacerlo casi al 100% fue estando cargado o que los brazos estén muertos... : /
    Si estaría de acuerdo que aumenten el daño del barrange y si se puede la velocidad del dragon strike (ya tomaron cosas de parches posteriores a la vieja escuela por ejemplo el rango de alcance del blast en el paladín para darles impulso así que no veo por que no tomar la velocidad del dragon strike) pero modificar la carga, yo estaria en el bando de que no toque esa rama
    PD: yo también me tuve que adaptarme. En EMS era peor por que no solía haber ni 4to job (recuerdo que el parche llego en mi lv 146), solo se entrenaba en ludibrion por que no habia tot ni leafre, el stance era peor, aquí por lo menos ya tienes un stance del 90%, por eso es que no me quejo de que sea muy confiable o no

Attached Files:

17. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    La verdad estar en la derecha es un poco desperdicio, solo voy aho ciando doy SI y si tengo la carga casi lista o lista me quedo a hacer cleave a 4 partes. Si no todo el rato en la cabeza izquierda con demolition o barrage (las alas sueb tanto que hasta les pego con dragon) asi es como lo hago.
    Mi opinion seria que pudisesemos hacer que la carga fuese mas fiable, como que se carge antes con ataques 1vs1 o que dure mas o ambas cosas, hasta un boton para cargarte cuando tengas la carga llena y decidir nosotros cuando sacarla pero bueno eso hay que debatirlo mas. Por cierto barraje necesita un buff 100% en mi opinion al menos 330% y aun asi seria meh, hasta no dirai que no a un buff de daño a demolition.

translation: bla bla bla more charge, make it last logner or charge better on 1vs1 atatcks so is more relaible I really want charge to be a resource easier to manage on HT, stance could make bucc cleave and do more damage. Aslo I think barrage needs a buff at least to 330% and even with tthat being nromal wopuld be meh, I wont even say no to a demolition buff in damage.

18. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Damn barrage + DS combo sucks on damage unless u cleave and even then is just ok o.o I wonder how much we need to pump up the number to make it not as bad and poke a bit furtehr buccs dmg. and now that 500% demo doesnt shound too bad to me e.e . Buffing the main combo is kinda trucky maybe since buffong dragon would make bucc even better mobers, maybe jstu make the skill a bit faster but not that much more faster, the buff has to to go barrage, even tho the damage numbers get ludicrous when you are normal you barely do any dmg on single target o.o

19. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    la carga de energía confiable LMAO (Esto es una broma)
    Ezballs.png

20. OP
    OP
    joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    1:20 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove if you want to bump up your single target DPM, you can always switch Barrage+DS to Barrage+DU/Barrage+Orb. They both do a lot more dmg than Barrage+DS.