1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Imminent Buccaneer Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by joota, May 31, 2020.

1. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    10:36 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    justamente medi esos combos hace unos 5 o 4 días por que me dio curiosidad, yo tenia max oak barrel antes de que fuese mejorado al 100% en el ultimo parche de skills y doble uppercout en lv 11 y como ahora el barril es 100% en cualquier lv ya no importaba tenerlo max por lo que use resets; lo que pude medir es que entre barrange+dragon strike VS barrange+doble uppercout vi que barrange+dragon strike era superior en un solo objetivo por muy poco (estoy por empezar clases luego medire y subiré eso) pero, la ventaja del doble uppercout es que la carga es ligeramente mas rápida

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    11:36 PM
    iPippy
    Barrage+DS is a very overrated combo that I only use when there are extra cleave targets, or I need the extra range (almost exclusively 3 ht heads or tar while he's running away). Barr+DS isnt even our best in cwk unless you care about your own pot consumption. Barr+DU comes out basically the exact same as ds 1v1 (even before accounting for se playing better with du combos). If you have orb, even barr+2FF becomes a worthwhile combo, as ff is 20% less per its 2 lines for the same speed compared to du, but nets yet even faster charge speed that orb compensates for quickly (and scales interestingly, so if you really want chatge fast, even things like 3FF arent even that bad). Buffing barrage will send ds even further into irrelevance, and I already suggest either not getting ds in a boss build, or not getting barrage for a balance build that can grind. Both builds pick up max tl at 160.

3. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    eso depende mucho si vas a atacar al mago o vas a ser cleave en cwkpq

4. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    You are correct that DS will be slightly higher in raw dmg than DU compared directly, esp without se. But you pick up an extra line on each du, and an extra barrage per minute or something like that. This means faster charge, more iframes, and quicker access to the combos that do damage. I think my tests had ds like... 20k higher dpm than du w/o se, but I didnt do enough test to find good averages, list aligned with theoretical outputs

• Like Like x 1
  5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Oh for sure. If attacking mage, DS is not needed at all. If cleaving, barrage isnt needed. DS+kick into DS+blast or Snatch spam if you have that maxed should be the go-to. Even if barrage were the same dpm, you front load all the damage onto one boss, kill it early, and lower the rest of the party's dpm by 33% (b4 accounting for thief iframes).

6. OP
    OP
    joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    8:36 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    B+DU is 0.2% weaker than B+DS without SE and 0.8% stronger with SE.

Including average energy charge times based on the changes in charging rate (and using B+orb during energy charge,no ST), the B+DU combo is 0.004% stronger than B+DS without SE and 0.14% with SE. If you care to optimize 0.14% I have no words for you lol and so you know, it only adds 1.6% additional uptime in charge, which you'll probably spend in iframes anyways kek

7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    The fact that they balance out so evenly is a good thing from all sides imo. It proves that you don't need to invest 60 sp to get a good 1v1 combo, when it's not our main damage source. Why do we still wait until 150 to START letting our buccs transform, when demo is where the damage is? Even rushing demo first after si looked to break even with barrage first pretty early into bossing career, and only keeps getting stronger while maxing barrage stagnates damage for a while until you reach demo20.

The theoretical/dummy tests can only show so much about the comparison too. Du finishes faster, so I can sneak in an extra hit during a fight like vergamot, where ds will just get me lasered. In reality, I'll blend the combos (with priority to du/ff where possible) to have slightly more control over *when* barrage activates. If you have orb and are willing to throw in an occasional 1 or 3 ff into combo, you can keep 100% iframe time in a fight like zak, but that requires orb to not really have high dmg loss (too difficult/not used enough to really impact a fight like ht though).

In the end, I get more than .14% utility from having access to the combos, and they are keyed to barrage level of damage. Buffing barrage will buff these combos faster than barr+ds

8. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    actualmente el 20 att que obtenemos de energy charge al 100% se suma si estaría usando una aple?

9. OP
    OP
    joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    8:36 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    No the attack from energy charge doesn't stack with attack pots.

Or as google says:
    No, el ataque de la energy charge no se acumula con los botes de ataque.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    5:36 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I got no orb yet, Double uppercut is hard to connect on certain bosses and doesnt add too much dmg anyways. The damage difference between normal and trasnformed is always so big. I just want it to be a bit more balanced

11. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    10/10 google translate XD . I kinda wish Luffy replied in english tho o.o

12. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I just got the feeling that if you dont cleave most of the dmg comes from demo and even then demo dmg could be jstu a bit better >-<. No matter the combo if you are not transformed your dmg is a bit too low

13. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    ojala hablara ingles o me respondieran en español
    IMAGINE RUN HT BUCCS