1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Inaccurate Owl

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by ProTato, Jul 30, 2017.

1. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    7:42 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Note: It was my first time ever using owl in FM in Maplestory, so it might just be a misunderstanding of how it works on my end.

I used an Owl to find Red Whip. It showed a total of 17 results. I found some cheap ones that I could afford. I was informed by the Owl that one of the is in room 10 channel 1, so I cc, go to that room 10, and try to find the store. I looked everywhere in the room and couldn't find the store, or even a store that sells Red Whip. I thought maybe I read the message given by the Owl wrong, so I used it again, click "GO", but it turns out a lot of the stores displayed by the Owls have been closed already.

My conclusion is that Owls don't show the most updated stores info? Because there was no way for the store owner to close the store, have another person take the same spot and populate it within 20 seconds of me cc and going into the room.

EDIT: There are bugs with the Owl systems. Close this thread if they had already been mentioned before.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:42 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Owls don't show the correct channel info, but the room info is correct. You just gotta cc until you find the shop.

Using owls in ch1 doesn't show stores in other channels, it's another bug. Use owls in other channels.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    7:42 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    YaY~~ Thank you :)

But it's still considered a bug right? Assuming that it's supposed to show the correct channel info?

That's interesting. No wonder when I first used it in ch1 this morning, it only shows a few results, and when I tried it just a couple minutes ago in ch2, there were a lot more results.

4. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:42 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
  5. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014