1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase EPQ Boss Card Drop Rate

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lirbo, Jun 30, 2021.

Yay or Nay

1. Yay

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Nay (comment why)

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    9:23 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    So I was multiclienting on 4 mules and doing EPQ 40 times in the past 2 days in order to get these OP earrings.
    Unfortunately, only 10 cards dropped out of 40 PQs, which is insultingly low. For me as 4 players this isn't an issue, but imagine what a normal person who has to share the cards with 4 other players has to go through if he wants to complete the set... That'd lead to an insane amount of suicides in order to be achievable.

My suggestion: Increase the card drop rate.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    11:23 PM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    All the card drop rates in pqs are pretty terrible. With good luck, you will finish around 2/3s of the way through all your rewards, with bad luck you can be suiciding for several levels. I remember I had to suicide at least 5 or 6 times both for opq and mpq.

I thought it should be changed before the update, but now that the equipment of the PQ are easier to obtain, I at least hope they change the card drop rate to be consistent as well. Now I think you are way more likely than not to finish all your equipment and levelcap before you actually finish your set

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    2:23 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Boss card rates are about 25%, so that checks out. We'd have to revisit the card drop rate of every other boss (PQ bosses specifically), and this isn't even accounting for the fact that the Night Market exists and these cards are nowhere near required for T10.

I would like to see another general "item drop rate thread" though, otherwise we'll see a thread for every item people think needs to be buffed/nerfed

4. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    The normal .@roll after every boss meta we have just makes it so no one who does EPQ finishes their set...I used to just let the person who's closest to finishing have it.

edit: sorry for the tag, ign roll

5. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    *Speaking as behalf of a player who loves EPQ and has a level 55 EPQ mule dedicated for it*

The exp at EPQ is really nutty, even at level 55, I'll get ~15% per run. If you're going for earrings/card set, you will most definitely have to suicide the char. The recent reduction of runs for earrings makes it so you're not forced to stay too long.

However compared to something like LPQ or OPQ where you're going to be spending 15-20+ minutes and then competing with a minimum of 5 people for 1 card, in EPQ, it's easily done with 3 people in less than 10 minutes. Alongside KPQ, I think EPQ is one of the easiest PQ card sets to finish

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Assuming every run has 3 people and finishes in 10 minutes with the above drop rate of 1/4, it would still take 60 runs, at minimum 10 hours of constant pqing to get a full set for everyone. That is not including all the time you could potentially spend waiting for a party, all the time spent waiting for transportation, NX spent smegaing for a party, RNG and player skill slowing the pq, etc etc.

“Better than OPQ and LPQ” is not a good benchmark for a good drop rate. The drop rate at EPQ is still bad. I have managed to finish enough PQs to get literally every PQ boss set, including MPQ (which is especially heinous). The card drop rates are bad enough that it can burn you out from the game entirely. KPQ and PPQ are probably the easiest, but I would not put EPQ in the same category. Nobody likes suiciding, and the night market should be less of a necessity and more of a last resort. There wasn’t a night market in GMS, just saying.

Personally, since the staff have recently announced that there are some more changes planned for PQs, I see no reason why the card rates should not be buffed. The vast majority of people I have met do not PQ solely for the card, and those who are in for it usually end up RNG locked for game progression.

Ideally, you should be able to get your set reasonably before the final reward or level barrier, but at the moment this is far from the case for not only this PQ but other PQs as well. PQ card hunting can take months to complete for anyone playing the game a healthy amount. I just want the staff to consider—Is this a reasonable expectation?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    8:23 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I'd argue soft-locking PQ boss mob cards behind low drop rates is bad game design. Having to purposefully suicide (especially when your party composition changes) to have a chance at the PQ boss cards really sucks. I've also seen multiple people grief cards because they're almost out of level range. PQs should not have a difficult boss card. They already have a reward that takes time and effort to get.

• Agree Agree x 2