1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase Kargo card drop rate

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Midnight, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    8:44 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Please

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    5:44 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    took me 15minutes to cc and kill and get 5 cards. think its okay. its different for everyone

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    I don't know if you do this (and if you do, maybe it'll help a random person reading), but if you channel change after killing all the Kargos on a map like Wild Cargo's Area, you'll be able to quickly keep farming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Because it places you at the top of the map?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    8:44 PM
    Crusader
    I CCed like hell and got nothing but I know people who got Kargo cards relatively easily. I have no luck with cards. Take for example Stone Masks: I’ve murdered them by the thousands and I haven’t collected all the cards.

6. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    wouldn't necessarily increase the drop rate of them but would 100% increase the spawn rate of them

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    This, and it pretty much guarantees you'll get new Kargos since their respawn time in that map is about 2 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    kshyy
    Outlaw
  9. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    feel like, there is too many cold eyes than kargos, when the map is called wild kargo cave :(

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:44 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Let's just rename the map to "A Place Where Wild Kargos Occasionally Spawn"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Originally (in beta and first few months of the game) Kargo's were essentially mini-bosses (along with tauro's) that only the highest players could kill, hence their limited spawns. Read the 'episode' story for Cold Eyes that explain their presence among the 'boss-type' monsters deep in the ant tunnel. Think of iron hogs at Mushmom as an analogy. This quickly changed obviously and lv60-75 mobs are now early game content. So while I agree that their spawns are horrible and make no sense for a weak lv62 mobs, to me it is a key piece of nostalgia to see these (sort of) rare, scary looking mobs running around deep in the original end-game dungeon. Their card rarity (really aren't that rare, it took me maybe 1.5 hours with channel surfing to get 5 as a level 7x) gave me a reason to actually spend some time there, which I appreciated. (No doubt I was complaining while hunting them, but the complaining is half the fun as a collector amiright?). In general I think there is nothing wrong for some sets to take an hour or two to collect; if someone requires otherwise they sound spoiled to me. Maybe I am just biased though because I love Kargo's and boosting their spawns would ruin my personal nostalgia.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1