1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increasing Wrath of the Octopi duration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Diego, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    9:02 AM
    Hello Legends community

A the title suggest this thread is to suggest a modest buff on the duration of Wrath of the Octopi skill (Corsair) This skill is basically an upgrade of Octopus which is acquired at 3rd job and lasts 30 seconds. Even though the upgrade significantly increases the damage dealt by the octopi by 150% (from 200 base attack @lvl 30 octopus to 500 base attack @lvl 20 octopi), it seems to me that the total duration of the skill doesn't make it appealing to upgrade. The lvl 30 Octopus lasts 30 seconds (10 second increase each 10 levels) while the maxed octopi (lvl 20) last mere 40 seconds (5 second increase each 10 levels). I believe that could be improved since octopi could potentially be a great aid whenever battleship is on cooldown. Currently I have it at lvl 17 and it deals about 8-10K per shot and I expect it to be around 15k at max level, but for its short duration it doesn't feel like a good aid at all.

TLDR; my suggestion is to increase the duration of the Octopi from 40 seconds to 60 seconds at lvl 20 (15 second increase each 10 levels) that way I think the skill would be more useful when the boat is broken. Also, considering that you can't spawn more than 1 octopi at once I don't feel like it would be OP.

I'd love to read other sairs opinion on this.

Thanks

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    7:02 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It is suppose to be able to spawn more than 1 at a time, and the fact that it doesn't is a bug on maplelegends.

Rather than see its duration increase, I would prefer to see its cast time reduced, so that you do not miss out on 3-4 battleship cannon shots by summoning it. Ideally, I'd like to see it like gaviota - instant.

• Informative Informative x 1