1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ingame command to find specific drops

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Jaikor, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    12:57 AM
    -It's not game breaking
    -It's helpful considering most people wouldn't know where to look to find drops pre-bb

Your thoughts and opinions?

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:57 AM
    Moderator Post
    Its currently coded and working as intended. We will see if we ever add it as public command or not, but for now this is undecided.

3. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    3:57 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Please PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease

4. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I think this idea might not play out well on a 2xexp server, I think it's more fun to find out about drops yourself or have forum threads which list where certain items drop.
    Btw, if you are using the original drops from v62, alot of http://bbb.hidden-street.net/ drops are correct.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:57 PM
    Recently someone was looking for Barrage 20 and 30, and the list on bbb.hs is different to the actual mobs that dropped it in-game (according to bbb.hs only ToT mobs had Barrage 20 and 30, but in Legends it's found on a few other mobs like Papu and Pianus? and can't rmb what else).

Don't know if bbb.hs is reliable for other skill books. Perhaps ayumilove is better?

6. arbor

arbor Slime

Feb 12, 2015
    Male
    2:57 AM
    1337m4573r
    Assassin
    Justice
    It's the same for Rapid Fire 20/30 on hs. Claims 20 doesn't drop from anything and 30 from some ToT boss, I'm guessing (not familiar with those mobs). Ayumilove lists mobs for both of the books, though. Have not tried to farm the mobs for the books, so I can't say if it's accurate.

7. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    I feel like MapleTip is usually most accurate about drops, so you could try that. Also for the command don't you have to look up the items ID? So either way you have to do a Google search about it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:57 PM
    I checked MapleTip too, I don't think they listed any mobs for barrage.

I check item ID's using MapleTip's URL.

9. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Mapletip is indeed more accurate than HiddenStreet for the things that I've looked up. Still would rather have the in-game command.

10. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    This would be a very nice addition. In GMS, there were thousands of people grinding all over, so it was actually possible to put together comprehensive mob drop lists. This is not the case here MapleF12MapleF18

11. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Noting that while we have the command ready (as an intern+ command), we probably will start off with it not being accessible by players. May be made available in the future though.

12. Puck

Puck King Slime

Mar 30, 2015
    I generally think it's a good idea for GMS-like servers to strive towards having as few in-game commands as possible. Less is more. Plus, why does everything have to be easy? It's a 2x exp server after all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Abamita

Abamita Mushmom

Mar 30, 2015
    4:57 AM
    Abamita
    Chief Bandit
    What about an NX item similar to Minerva that allows you to use the command once? So if you really do need an item, you'll be able to find it no problem, but you can't spam it without repercussions.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon

I like this idea if it were done right, otherwise I don't think we should have the command. It'll be a lot more fun having to gather/share information.

15. Puck

Puck King Slime

Mar 30, 2015
    Afaik, you cannot make client edits like that. The only way I can see this working is if there was a command that was only usable if you had a certain item in your inventory, and upon use it would remove said item from said inventory. But I don't know if that will work, and even if it does work, we're back where we started, with a command.

16. Maddy

Maddy Slime

Dec 23, 2014
    5:57 PM
    I don't know about you peeps, but...I thought this was already settled...
    This type of command has its ups and downs though, yeah.

17. Abamita

Abamita Mushmom

Mar 30, 2015
    4:57 AM
    Abamita
    Chief Bandit
    No harm in talking about it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. OP
    OP
    Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    12:57 AM
    The intent of this suggestion was to alleviate the out of game hassle of searching for items during beta. I agree with Puck's point. The addition of this suggestion isn't appropriate anymore since the server is officially out of beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.