1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Islander Community Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by IslandSlut, Sep 28, 2015.

1. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    10:57 PM
    No Level 11 :p. Also what Netflix show is that? I see GW2 and Steam AND bluestacks omg pc & mobile gamer. please tell us you play summoner's war \o/

2. Snapples

Snapples Mano

Jul 15, 2018
    Female
    Snapples
    Islander
    Newbology
    It's a show called Queer Eye. Basically, 5 gays go around giving make overs lol

Bluestacks was for Lineage 2 Revolution.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Sad to say, ran into a screen error :C
    So gotta get this fix somehow before I can get on again.
    [​IMG]
    Nevermind got it fixed.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  3. Chrizz

Chrizz Chronos

May 22, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    7:57 AM
    Chrizz
    Islander
    Southperry
    Top 5 ExpGainerz of the week! #60

And another impressive 1.8M exp from jung1e, Congratulations!
    Here are the results:

[​IMG]

If you haven't already, please fill in this survey so I can put in flags.

Congratulations everybody, and good luck next week!

Here is an overview of the last 5 weeks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chrizz

Chrizz Chronos

May 22, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    7:57 AM
    Chrizz
    Islander
    Southperry
    • Informative x 3
    • Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Rokillers

Rokillers Master Chronos

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Fown
    Beginner
    None
    why isn't there a sad reaction tbh

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Snapples

Snapples Mano

Jul 15, 2018
    Female
    Snapples
    Islander
    Newbology
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yay Level 32 and Bubble Set Hype <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    1:57 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

Rip OnionMad

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ConsoleHero

ConsoleHero Red Snail

Jul 29, 2018
    Male
    Michigan
    Lycander
    Islander
    Well, I'm new to MapleLegends. I'm attempting to be a permanent island dweller. I'm not sure what guilds are available here on Maple Island, but I'd love to join if anyone's offering. I also stream while gaming on Twitch. Not trying to get follows, just having fun.
    IGN: IslandHero

• Like Like x 2
  9. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Ign Fuxx will not leave

• Like Like x 1
  10. ConsoleHero

ConsoleHero Red Snail

Jul 29, 2018
    Male
    Michigan
    Lycander
    Islander
    Okay...so after thinking about how the mechanics of being an islander works, I think I’m going to reroll an islander. As far as I can tell, ultimately strength is near useless. So DEX and LUK are all that really matters, if I’m figuring things out correctly. Pump DEX until I can 1HKO every enemy, then the rest into LUK until everything misses me. Anyone else do this method? Also, does anyone know what that magical DEX number is to 1HKO every enemy on Maple island? You’d save me a ton of time searching.

EDIT: I intend to skip Leather Purse and use Gold Surfboard for the extra jump and no STR stat requirement.

11. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    1:57 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    ConsoleHeroConsoleHero yes most islanders use surfboard.
    Just a reminder, you don't need to delete this existing char, you can keep it as storage mule or event mule, islander needs mule

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ConsoleHero

ConsoleHero Red Snail

Jul 29, 2018
    Male
    Michigan
    Lycander
    Islander
    That’s a great point about making a mule. Thank you.

13. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    As far as non-event items, yes GSB (Gold Surfboard) will be your best item until you acquire Maplemas Lights or Super Snowboard, or Lifeguard saver (from current event).
    GSB is really good for a couple reasons - fast attack, +6 jump, and polearm = longer range. Only disadvantage is you dont get to use Red Snail Shell.

As far as stat build, my first islander was pure STR at first and after 100STR i reset all to pure DEX.
    Second time around, I am now pure STR and personally at high level i prefer pure STR just because with each level you do more damage.
    My first islander at lvl 6x I was still hitting 120-140~. The pro is you can 1 hit with more weapons but I didn't like seeing such low damage consistently but now at 6x on pure STR i hit upwards of 800 and 1200 w/ GM buffs.

If you do go DEX over STR I would recommend not putting LUK just because DEX also gives you alot of avoid and you get the option of 1hitting with more weapons.

I will also try to add you guys in a few hours when I get home from work, my ign is jung1e and you can always DM or tag me in the islander discord @Justin#6052

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Snapples

Snapples Mano

Jul 15, 2018
    Female
    Snapples
    Islander
    Newbology
    ConsoleHeroConsoleHero Welcome to islanding :) Hope to see you in game!!

Just a traditional level up post here. o/
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. ConsoleHero

ConsoleHero Red Snail

Jul 29, 2018
    Male
    Michigan
    Lycander
    Islander
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome. I am doing my own hybridized DEX/LUK build which I think might actually be worth writing a guide for, but I want to get to at least 30 to make sure it's going to be viable. I also created a new character for that reason yesterday. My new character is called Lycander...the lycan islander. I've dressed myself as a werewolf. Anyhow, I'm trying to find the most efficient way of leveling and farming for items. Right now, I'm farming Blue Snails. Since I'm sure many of you have farmed blue snails for what probably seems like an eternity, I was hoping someone might be able to tell me which map screen is best for farming blue snail drops. I'm sure I'll have hundreds of questions as time goes by, but for now this one is most important.

Thank you in advance! Oh! One more thing, what channel do the islanders play on? No sense in playing by myself after all. I've been told this is an amazing game community.

16. NoJobNoRules

NoJobNoRules Orange Mushroom

Sep 1, 2017
    12:57 AM
    NoJobNoRules
    Islander
    Amherst
    I went Pure DEX all the way (and still am - minimum 80 with a Fruit Knife is my current goal). I can tell you that I reached min. 80 damage around the mid 3x levels, but I don't recall what weapon I had at the time.

Here's the best I could find digging through the archives of this thread: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/islander-community-thread.5922/page-29#post-130989

Seeing as surfboards are pole arms and can go up to 43 att (I found a perfect one shortly after lvl 30), I want to say it was ~35-37 when I hit a min. of 80 with it. So ~200 DEX tops, give or take.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ConsoleHero

ConsoleHero Red Snail

Jul 29, 2018
    Male
    Michigan
    Lycander
    Islander
    NoJobNoRules, thank you. That is really helpful information. I can't wait until I get to the 30's and 40's!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    2:57 PM
    OHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so it was THAT GUILD

19. ConsoleHero

ConsoleHero Red Snail

Jul 29, 2018
    Male
    Michigan
    Lycander
    Islander
    Here a stupid question...can islanders trade equipment between each other? I'm having a hard time with Blue Snails not dropping the Blue One-Lined Shirt. I've gotten a few female red striped shirts, some magician equips, tons of bowman equips...but no Blue One-Lined Shirts. If anyone wants to help out, just let me know. I've been playing on Channel 1, but it seems like the island community is pretty dead. Unless I'm just playing on the wrong channel. Is there a designated channel for islanders? If not, might I suggest island 5 as it seems like decent traffic. Either way, I'm here to stay for the next foreseeable future, but it sure would be better if there were other islanders to play with. Just got my level 17 today, btw so I'm still very new.

Side note: I know it's nobody's responsibility but my own to find my own happiness on MapleLegends, but if anyone knows of like a checklist of a list of things to do as an islander, that would be awesome. I want to experience the full islander lifestyle.
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  20. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    Im online now.

Most items are tradeable yes I might have some extra gear for you. Some event items are untradeable.

Normally yes CC1 is the most active but each islander seems to have their preferred channel. I am normally in CC6 Pigs or Dangerous Forest (Mush map).

I saw you online in CS one day and when i checked later you were offline :/

As far as a check list in terms of levels and equippable items:

1. Rush 55 INT 20 LUK to be able to wear metal wand (optional)
    2. Level 11 - Shirt/Gomush/Black Sweatpants
    3. Level 12 - Red Rose
    3. Level 15 - Purse/Gold Surfboard
    4. Level 20 - Lifeguard Saver / Maplemas Lights
    5. Level 24 - White Rose
    6. Level 30 - Maple Helm, Tsunami Wave
    7. Level 35 - Maple Sword
    After that its just every 5 levels with the exception of Level 43 and 64 for maple items

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018