1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Islander Community Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by IslandSlut, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Zheedie

Zheedie Slime

Feb 12, 2017
    Male
    3:55 PM
    Zheedie
    Islander
    Aoshima
    Its time to wake up from your coma all eventlanders :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    7:55 AM
    Some eventlanders have converted to true quitlanders w/ MS2 being out now :pepehands:

Also just a PSA: The mask and ring still expire this year after 3 months. Badge and Earrings are permanent, but if we get Warm Muffler in xmas, badge will be a inventory novelty

3. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    10:55 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Oh that's good to know. I was about to turn in my candies for the badge. Are the earrings the best ones available from any event? If so I'll get those first. Does the warm muffler come every year?

4. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    I believe so, the summer ones were good too if you already got those, but I believe the earrings give +2 max if you get lucky.

Muffler did last year, I am not sure this year, but assuming badge was around last year too theres a good chance muffler will be around this year too, and hopefully mittens again so we can be sins on island :D

5. Shxwn

Shxwn Slime

Jul 15, 2017
    Male
    10:55 PM
    Idiom
    Islander, Magician
    where do you see that the mask and ring expire?

6. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Click on the items from the spin machine. On the confirmation screen for the exchange, it will list the expiry date, if there is one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. TakoGuy001

TakoGuy001 Blue Snail

Oct 20, 2018
    Male
    10:55 PM
    NewbieLegend
    Beginner
    Any islander guild in maple island?

8. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    There are three, if you take a look at the first post, it lists the guilds, Southperry and Newbology are currently allianced and waiting Amherst leader to join as well

9. Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    merry christmas

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    What goals do you give yourselves as Islanders?

My goal for "Zrar" from the start was to find a perfect version of all equips found on Maple Island outside of events, find every scroll, and collect a full stack on every reasonable use+etc drop. Part 2 of my goal would then be to scroll the equip-able stuff to get the best stats possible (even if defence is useless if you have more than 30 or so).

So instead of grinding at Pigs or Dangerous Forest for levels, I started hunting each mob one-by-one to get their items. For example, I was at Snail Hunting Ground 1 from lv10-15 until I finished with all of Snail's items. I noticed that each map had its own meta-game, so I wanted to be an expert on grinding on every possible map (optimal routes, using the most appropriate weapon, snail shells, etc).

I have several of each possible scroll at this point (why do I have so many Cape M. Def 60 scrolls though?!) and a full stack of every etc and use item except leather, pigs heads and feathers (I have only spent a couple of hours total at pigs so far). My perfect equip collection is over halfway done, but some equips are just a pain (Blue Snails just won't drop those perfect magician training pants, Red Snails just won't drop a perfect Metal Wand). Finding a perfect pair of Ice Jeans after dozens of hours at Mushroom Garden was one of my happiest moments in MapleStory. I barely have a dent in pigs, stumps and Orange Mushies and I think I'll be level 4x, maybe 50 by the time I am done. Then I'll start scrolling.

I spent most of this Halloween event at Slimes looking for a perfect surfboard (to no success) until I got sick of the novelty of the orange reskin. You'll most likely find me in "In a Small Forest" now-a-days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    Since I islanded back in 2007 in GMS, I wanted to prove to myself that I could still keep a pace of grinding. Before the addition of CloudFlare DDOS protection, ChrizzChrizz was uploading weekly EXP gain charts. My ultimate goal is 70.

Other sub-goals are similar to yours of trying to collect all the items available to islanders meanwhile trying to attain the perfect stats for said items if possible. I don't collect non-islander equipments though. Another thing I like is just being able to fund other characters while grinding my islander through the Hunting Gachapons.

Right now I am collecting 3speed gomush and pyramid scrolling for +3 or 6speed gomush.
    have +1 5 slot ice jeans, that were perfect. However, I don't want to waste too much time sacrificing time farming slimes. During the valentines event where we had to kill 999 of each mob on island for colored bandanas, I found 7 bottomdef scrolls and scrolled them on 6 perfect ice jeans, only 1 of which passed.

I just prioritize exp and event items, and I'm at DF 95% of the time. I go to pigs occasionally to stock up on omoks/mithril ores. I have probably 150+ sets and that was another way to motivate myself.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To slay all the pigs is my real test
    To bitch about islander events is my cause

I will travel across the island
    Searching far and wide for GM to ban bug abusers
    Teach GM to understand
    That bugs are ruining the maple lives of about 3 people

Islanders! Gotta exterminate 'em all
    It's you and me (Like literally is there no1 else?)
    I know it's my destiny
    Islanders! Oh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend

• Creative Creative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    ChrisChris i quit too, what game now are u still playing MS2

14. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Looking for something to do myself, waiting for new ps's to release to hopefully give me something to do. For now I play MS2 but i dont play it a lot nor do i really even touch it during the week. Pretty much just been doing summoners war. If you got any ideas lmk. o)-(

15. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    Happy Thanksgiving and holidays to all the islanders and anyone who reads this! Hope everyone gets to pig out nomonomonoms

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    11:55 PM
    MARRY CHRISMAS

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    For anyone interested, I've started up a Discord for Islanders and friends to come together and play some multiplayer games! I'll be renting out dedicated servers exclusively for this group. If you'd like to join, shoot me a message on Discord (Gilrix#0674).

The goal is to bring us together and enjoy each other's company while islanding is on a hiatus. I hope to see you there!

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    Reunion during xmas event? Pogs

and who is WhatAboatMe

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  19. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male