1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Islander Community Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by IslandSlut, Sep 28, 2015.

1. BlueCream

BlueCream Slime

Apr 26, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    3:38 AM
    BlueCream, PinkCream
    [​IMG]
    How to spawn Cake with 60%

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. BlueCream

BlueCream Slime

Apr 26, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    BlueCream, PinkCream
    [​IMG]
    1 More level to Blue rose 75 att!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    6:38 PM
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    This is the kachow-iest kachow i've ever kachowed
    upload_2019-5-9_19-14-52.png

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  4. CrimsonClaw

CrimsonClaw Orange Mushroom

Jan 29, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    9:38 AM
    PinkBean
    Islander
    Shroomies
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/572265827433447455/579140938618765315/Legends_Hair_180519.jpg

Unable to upload the image here cause too huge
    Will do another update to the hair list once event over
    Let me know if you know the names of the unlisted ones at bottom

Feel free to suggest anything that can improve this list regardless of arrangement / clarity

Will update this list with your comments
    - power hungry
    - entitled
    - arrogant
    - immature
    - trigger happy
    - a dick
    - can't grasp anything
    - taking offense to something which has nothing to do with me
    - over moderate / too strict
    - stupid

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  5. Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    Hey what's up forums its ya boy Oahu comin at ya live with another sick level up okay see ya
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  6. MapleStarter

MapleStarter Slime

May 20, 2019
    Male
    10:38 PM
    MapleStarter
    Beginner
    Newbology
    Islander mai's quest needs a fix, the hairstyles and faces just repeat too much of one kind of style and not vary too much. Being doing the quest several hours since friday and got a lot of repeated hairs and faces. I have an idea for soluttion. Maybe after 50 or 100 turn ins we can choose the styles we want, cause there's limit for how much time a person can grind. I myself grinded 17 hours straight in friday, you know im not complaining or some of the kind, and i am doing it with a party which helps doing the rounds, but it's really tough the way it is right now for who wants a specific look.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MapleStarter

MapleStarter Slime

May 20, 2019
    Male
    MapleStarter
    Beginner
    Newbology
    It would be good if we get an quest extension after event, i heard from many islanders that they aren't finished with their looks since the beginning of the event, and with the rates of hairstyles and faces so messed up, they won't be able to finish in time. I would love to listen the Legends staff response in that regard, thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lesbian

Lesbian Slime

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    4:38 AM
    I see that you're fairly new to the forums, so allow me to shed some light regarding this matter. You see, around a year ago, SaltSalt made a thread suggesting the addition of random beauty coupons to the game. https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/beauty-coupons.20786/#post-179078 Read everything from Kimmy's post, to the last. I suggest you read everything before you read the next part.

With that being said, no, the quest does not require a fix. Simply due to the fact that this event was brought together with the overall constructive feedback from the people who commented on that thread. The fact that you've been doing the quest a lot of times, and you're getting repeated hairstyles. I'm sorry to say this, but you're just getting really bad RNG, or just unlucky, nothing you can do much but keep doing the quest. Getting a chance to pick your own hairstyle after 50-100 kind of defeats the purpose of this event, since I'm pretty sure the staff wanted the Islander community to work for their desired look(s). Yes, I do agree with you that there is a limit to how much a person can grind, which is why the event lasted for almost a month! You also need to remember that instead of killing 999 of each monster, it's been reduced to 300. That's 3 for the price of 1!
    "I myself grinded 17 hours straight in friday, you know im not complaining or some of the kind, and i am doing it with a party which helps doing the rounds, but it's really tough the way it is right now for who wants a specific look."
    Hey man, 17 hours is quite a lot, I'm glad you're working hard for that look, I hope you get your desired look(s). (I really do!) But the fact that you claim that you're not complaining, then why did you even bother to make this post? You're clearly complaining in your very first sentence. I mean, I could see it being hard now for getting a specific look, but you have to realize that even if you don't get the desired look(s) that you want, you can't really blame anyone else but yourself.

Hold up. You guys had almost a whole month to get a new look, and now you're asking for an extension? Shit, might as well ask for this quest to stay permanent, since "many islanders aren't finished with their looks". Like dang, is RNG really that bad? Or is it due to the fact that Islanders kept bitching at Kimmy to add more hairstyles/faces,etc, which will ultimately make each desired outcome substantially lower? See below!
    [​IMG]

The Islander community should be grateful that the staff implemented this event in the first place, since Kimmy could just straight up ignore the Islander community, and not add this event at all. She did this because she wanted the Islander community to thrive, not for someone to her "the event needs a fix", when this event was a group project. I'm sorry for being that person, but you need to see things from the staff's point of view also, which might also be the reason why none of the staff members even bothered to respond.

TLDR: The event ends soon. Good luck, and Happy Islanding!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rokillers

Rokillers Master Chronos

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Fown
    Beginner
    None
    comment

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  10. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    kaching.

lvl74.jpg

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BlueCream

BlueCream Slime

Apr 26, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    BlueCream, PinkCream
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    9:38 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Eventlanders 2019.

eventlanders.jpg

eventlanders.jpg

^ had to edit pic for Tom since his damn eyes was closed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    9:38 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. MapleStarter

MapleStarter Slime

May 20, 2019
    Male
    MapleStarter
    Beginner
    Newbology
    I don't know if u have problem in understanding what i wrote but i'll say it in a clearer way. One, im not complaining about the quest itself. Two, i am grateful we at least have something different to do in the island this year. Three, im just giving my feedback about how the staff of legends could improve the quest to be funnier. Four, i didn't see you online at all doing the quest for long time like the other islanders. Five, i am not new islander, im playing legends for a year now, it just happened that i didn't even care about giving my feedback for a long time and i just started wanting to do it now, then i started to post rightaway when i feeling like to give my feedback, and its none of your business. With that said, good luck with your bootlicking.

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. Lesbian

Lesbian Slime

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    4:38 AM
    One. :)
    Two. Yes. Being able to finally customize yours look on the Island without needing to buy NX equipment is indeed amazing!
    Three. Yes. But do keep in mind that there is a feedback section for that. I see that you're new to the forums, so let me link it for you: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?forums/feedback/ If you have any sort of constructive feedback that you'd like to post in the future, kindly post there! P.S. That could also be another reason why the staff members never replied to you.
    Four. I'm not sure how you know who my Islanders are, since I don't even know who you are. But hey, I'm glad you know who I am! Unfortunately, your inference is only half correct. I was in fact online on my Islander sometime during the event, but I never bothered to do the event, since I'm satisfied with the way my Islander looks. Thanks for the concern, though!
    Five. Whether if it's none of my business or not, I just wanted to give my feedback in response to your feedback.

With that said, have a nice day!

• Like Like x 2
  17. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    9:38 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Ditch viv for Robin

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    upload_2019-5-28_14-37-19.png

If you stayed in the Cake Town map during the restart, you are able to leave the map with your fork (unequip it first) and use it on the island with no bans!!!
    Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. jung1e

jung1e Mixed Golem

Oct 12, 2017
    dang, didn't leave my luklander in there oops

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017