1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Just started and need advice on scrolling gear

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Yeppun, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Yeppun

Yeppun Blue Snail

Sep 9, 2020
    Male
    8:35 AM
    Hi everyone, I just started maplelegends and made a warrior but I was wondering what scrolls I should be using on my equips as a new unfunded player or if I should even be scrolling starter equips at all? Thanks!

2. Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    12:35 AM
    Bishop
    I would save up fundings until later. Earlygame makes little difference as to what you scroll and whatnot, and getting money is quite hard early on. Some people make side characters, such as mages, to assist in funding their warriors, but it is not required. You can do some quests to earn money, get scrolls which can sell up to 4 mil (like the Dark Scroll for Shoes for Jump 30%), sell needless equips to the NPCs because it actually gives a lot of funding, and gather up money. When you get some decent fundings, you can go for a Blue Old Wisconsin Hat from the Free Market, which gives + 7 or more accuracy. You can also at level 35 get a Blue Crusader Chainmail (the dex one) and scroll it with 100% Overall scrolls for dex (obtainable from the vendor in the Kerning Swamp for 35K each) to help with accuracy. Generally speaking, when you get to later levels, you want your equipment to give dex or accuracy, and scroll weapons with weapon attack. I wouldn't worry too much in early game. Which warrior do you want to play?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Yeppun

Yeppun Blue Snail

Sep 9, 2020
    Male
    I was thinking of making a hero. I've read the guides on here and they listed a lot of starter gear options but they didn't really say what I should be scrolling them with. Thanks for your help!

4. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    11:35 AM
    White Knight
    Try and scroll the items you'll be using the longest, and ignore the ones that you know will be getting swapped out regularly. Warrior unfunded buy the strapped shoes from Hene for speed, a bath robe from showa +10 speed then use 100%s for OA dad. Scroll your bench mark weapons like maple/special equips with 60%s as you level that you'll be using for a while. Try improve all your gear moderately as you go. I'd personally suggest trying to keep low dex if possible and accuracy scrolls are cheap for weapons. Read some guides for the type of warrior your making before you start and it'll help give you and pregame idea.

Also suggest if your interested in the Monster Book Ring trying to go through all the mobs within your level range as you go to optimize exp gain compared to doing it later

• Like Like x 2
  5. Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    12:35 AM
    Bishop
    If you are playing a Hero, you'll probably be using swords a lot. Like Sloppy said above, avoid scrolling things you will be swapping out but scroll things you will be using for a while. Scrolling itself is a messy business. Eventually you want to get a lot of those 60% scrolls for your moderate weapons in-game. A good one to scroll is the level 35 Lionheart sword (comes at average 55 and can go up to 60s if you're lucky) because it has a very high speed for a 2 handed sword. You may be using that sword for a while. I found an average one and just 100% scrolled it (feel free to 60% it if you have those). I haven't really been scrolling much in fact until I was at 70 or 80 and I still don't have decent scrolls on anything. The level 80 Blue Screamer and level 90 Devil Sunrise I have are both scrolled and both are very similar in attack value anyways. I recently scrolled the level 80 overalls with 60% dex scrolls (failed miserably as I went up to + 5 and the others failed and I bought at least 6 mil worth of those scrolls from the free market) since I think the level 80 overalls will sustain me until I get to the point I can afford level 100 top and bottom when I reach there. Generally speaking, you're also going to have accuracy problems as a warrior, but I managed just fine even with clean level 40 equips for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    For early warrior, accuracy is probably the most important stat you need (cuz boi do they miss a lot). Since dex gives you accuracy, looks for scrolls and equips that give you loads of dex. Accuracy scrolls are super cheap for the most part but dex will both give accuracy and a slight damage increase. The goal is to keep your base dex as low as possible and having your gear compensate for it. A 10 100% dex bathrobe is always a good start. A decently scrolled lvl 35 blue chainmail can last you until lvl 80+ if you can get your hands on it. Nothing else is really noteworthy to scroll early on. If you really are in desperate need of accuracy at lower levels, you could scroll your gloves with dex or use weapon accuracy scrolls, but they're not worth it imo. As you reach higher levels and find better equips (and you realize you no longer miss), you can start changing out dex/accuracy equips with str/attack equips.

• Like Like x 1