1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenta's Advice Quest Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by that boy, Feb 20, 2018.

Did you know about the Kenta's Advice quest?

1. Yeah I've always known about that quest and I wish it worked

36.2%
  2. Yeah I've always known about that quest but I don't care that it doesnt work

2.1%
  3. I had no idea my pet could move that fast. That's sick, I want my pet to be as fast as me for sure

57.4%
  4. I didn't know my pet could move that fast, but I like my pet being slower than me. In fact I love it

4.3%
  1. that boy

that boy Red Snail

May 16, 2017
    Male
    11:37 AM
    Septher
    I/L Wizard
    Guys, I do not understand how the server has gone this long without anyone else really wanting this to be fixed except for me I guess. I've searched on this issue numerous times from when I first started playing a year ago, up to a few months ago and then now. I'm not sure if I'm searching wrong but I can't find any solid response from the staff saying they acknowledge the quest being broken or wanting to fix it. I feel like nobody else cares, but I can sort of understand because not everybody knows about this quest, and its easy to forget about, but I just figured with a polished up server like this that cares about little things this would have been noticed more by now.

Brief explanation of why this quest is important/what it does:

You do this annoying 10-min long quest in Aqua given by Kenta, and after completing the quest your pet "is more obedient" Kenta says or something, and now moves at whatever speed your character moves. You know how every time you're training or walking anywhere or running around on your silver mane, your pet turns into this unnatural looking ball thing and teleports to you to keep up? Only for like two seconds will they be a regular looking pet again, before turning into that ugly ball thing and warping to you again (if you are running at full speed with haste/on a mount). Pretty much all of us in legends that are a non-thief class have a speed boost from all of our equips, or you're like me and you use the pet equip scrolls and speed pills for extra speed to be faster. Or, you're a thief with haste and your pet is always way behind. So ALL of us experience the same issue of our pet not looting as much as it could be looting with this quest functional, and by the time we jump on the rope there's still a bunch of stuff our pet could've looted, but we've all gotten used to it now.

Description of the bug:
    Kenta's Advice Quest does nothing to your pet upon completion
    What is supposed to happen?: Your pet is supposed to have the same movement speed as the character at all times, permanently.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: I noticed immediately after I completed the quest that my pet still moved at 100% speed
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Everyone's pet in ML moves at 100% speed

I just think its a shame that this quest is glitched because it was a nostalgic part of the game for my pet to be as fast as me. I personally just think its very ugly to see the pet always move so slow and turn into that disgusting unnatural blob for a second and teleport. If the quest were functional, your pet would only do that if you flash jumped or teleported. I believe the Kenta's Advice quest was around in GMS for as long as Aqua Road and pets were in the game. So it's a pretty OG thing and I remember it well. I also remember a lot of people that were high leveled not even knowing about the quest ever existing, so I can understand why it would only be a handful of people that care or even remember. But does Kim remember?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mtyler

Mtyler Slime

Feb 20, 2018
    Male
    DirtySmurf
    Assassin
    Incest
    You try in the report a bug section?
    I' new toi the server and forums so I can' say I have experience with the gm's addressing this sort of thing. I do know they'e gotten back tok me a number of times toonight while this update is happening. So if they can deal with me asking a questio n every 7 minutes roughly during server maintenance, I'm sure your question will be answered at some poi nt

• Like Like x 1
  3. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    5:37 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Its currently just not coded Legends, and don't know when it will be. Do anyone however have a video (old one) where someone has this quest completed?

5. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    You mean a video from V 0.62? Or nearby works too? i can try to do some research but idk from what version we can find a video.

6. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Ok i did some small research (not too much free time and im already at work, so shouldn't be doing this :rolleyes:) and found this video, which is obviously not the version you asked me for (and this video also takes like 2 seconds to find) where the pet is moving according to the pet owner speed:

Besides that, and considering i need to check more, i found that around V.80 people started having issues with the perma pets (the perma white tiger to be precise, idk why) not being able to follow you at your speed, so on earlier versions, the rest of the pets were working perfectly fine on that part.

If i find any more useful information, i will post it, but this is the best i could find rn. MapleF4

P.S. I also found that for V.106 they decided to completely remove the quest and just make actually matching the pet speed with the owner speed. (that's another solution, cause why not, but first we should figure out how the pet speed works)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    4:37 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    This quest also seems to not work properly once you try to repeat it.
    I've completed the quest today after hitting no more of 8 boxes. Then I started the same quest (since it's repeatable) and I've hit around 30 boxes and nothing has dropped.

Is this intended or bugged?

8. FTI/L

FTI/L Red Snail

Aug 3, 2017
    Male
    VinceStaples
    I/L Wizard
    Aincrad
    I knew about this quest and finally took the time to visit aqua road to do it. I'm an arch mage and I was planning to buy get a silver mane just so my pet could loot at 170% speed but since the quest is broken there's no need. When training at Ulu Estates II, if I want to loot the upper level I practically carry my pet across the map making sure it jumps at the right times and doesn't teleport, as to successfully loot all the small platforms on the second level of the map. So often times I have to choose between keeping epm or keeping the loot drops.

I'm ignorant but I would think getting a pet's movement speed to reflect the player's movement speed would be a simple task.

9. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    10:37 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    After months of debugging, we were finally able to fix it. Credit to Wolf ScrollWolf Scroll and other devs that helped on this~
    Will be applied next restart c:

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:37 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    This is cool! I was aware of that quest and did it once, but was like.. meh, just a pointless quest that does nothing.. xD

I had no idea it would make pets so much better!

11. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    4:37 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    FUCK YES that's great news!! I hope next restart comes soon now!

12. Mii

Mii Mixed Golem

Sep 21, 2018
    MapleLegends
    LilMi / miii
    Bowmaster
    ⚔️ Beaters
    great job! =D

13. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I assume its character bound, not pet bound right?
    The repeatable part makes me wonder..

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Pet bound

15. Awliya

Awliya King Slime

Nov 12, 2017
    I'm having this same issue.

The original Kenta's Advice that gives +10 closeness and faster speed works fine.
    However once you finish it and attempt to complete it again, you'll find that the chests no longer give the papers when attempting the repeatable +15 closeness version of the quest.

16. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The repeatable version of the quest can be instant completed.