1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of scrolls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zeretius, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:12 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Yeah fair point, agreed. Possibly as rare as zerk 20 then?

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:12 AM
    Moderator Post
    We haven't changed the rate of books, or not to my knowledge, and only I and Navi can change drops. Please don't assume when you have luck or not luck sometimes that it auto means something got buffed or nerfed. However, it could be the 10% drop rate could have made you more lucky.

As of the OP. I have no response right now if I am in or against it, but it will surely be discussed, as well as the other ideas such as additional Zak drops.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:12 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Alright, thanks kimmeh

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Kind of weird though. You guys remember when I made that thread about having monsters drop gash items too?
    It seemed everyone was against having zakum drop fragments of white scrolls or chaos scrolls. And now... most people are for it? I just don't get it. FoxF6

I'm still all for the idea, but only if these are really rare. If you want to see game-breaking damage and all other challenge leave the server, watch what happens when these scrolls become common.

5. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Just to point out a small fact to the OP (@canadian9166@canadian9166): The chance of getting a WS from gachapon was around 0.6% IIRC. :p

Also, just to add my opinion to this thread: Getting WS/CS at major bosses seems like a decent idea. And possibly adjust the gach rates when it's revamped? :D

6. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:12 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Kim, the reason a buff to tt10 was mentioned was because Navi told Treat he would/had slightly buff it after Treat got him to test it.

This was after like 20 runs with no tt10, since Navi had said that drop was something like 1/4 and when he tested it, he was getting 1/7.

Just to clarify OnionF2

7. stormyarise

stormyarise Mano

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    5:12 AM
    Shadower
    I oppose to white scrolls and chaos scroll being dropped in zak runs because this will create an unfair advantage for all the low level people in the server. As of right now, everyone who is level 45+ can get a white scrolls and chaos scroll if they choose to gach. However, if you implement white scroll and chaos scrolls in zak runs majority of the people who will have white scrolls and chaos scrolls will be 120+. I understand that high level people want to get end game gear but, I don't think it justified to make it easier for high levels people to get their end game gear easier through the uses of white scrolls. As of right now, majority of the high level people will hold a lot of the meso in maplelegend and i feel that if they really want to get end game gear they should be required to use their meso to get at least 100 30% scrolls to land a good end game gear. Furthermore, making end game items easier to obtain will become problematic in the future because after you're finish with your end game gear there will no longer be a high demand for scrolls and a lot of the people will lose the motivation to play the game because it will become too easy.

On the other hand, I agree that certain 60% scroll should be obtainable because they are not game changing factors that will ruin the game because the stats added from 60% are incomparable to 30% and people who are willing to use 60% will probably use it due to the fact that they do not want their items to be destroyed through a 70%/30% and I think that people all levels in maplelegend should have the option to either risk their item using 70%/30% or use a 60% because they're scared.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Everyone

Everyone Mano

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Everyone
    White Knight
    Evolution
    I agree with Stormyarise above. I think implementing whites and chaos as a drop for Zak is basically just another way for the rich to get richer. It wouldn't help the community as a whole, and might actually dissuade people from playing/joining because there is such an unfair advantage to those who have been playing longer. Later in the life of this server (when many more people have the ability to kill Zakum) I could see this being a viable option.

Don't take me the wrong way; in my opinion chaos and white scrolls should be more obtainable on this server, but I believe it should be equal opportunity for all levels to be lucky enough to find one of those scrolls. The rich high level players could always buy it off those level 30's that are lucky enough to find one and have no use for it. I just don't think its right to provide a very select few players the ability to farm chaos & whites without also providing new players with the same benefit.

I believe a better alternative to it being dropped by Zakum would be to list it as an extremely low drop rate for almost all mobs. I mean extremely low, not like 1/20000, something more of to the effect of 1/500000. This promote players of all levels to grind and level up, while also providing a fair opportunity for all levels to hit the jackpot and find a scroll worth 20m+.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    No, just no... It's not the "newbies" that needs the White Scrolls. It's completely illogical to add something that would favor the low levelers in this case when they're just gonna sell them. You don't have to be rich to kill Zakum either, so it's not gonna be "rich gets richer".

10. stormyarise

stormyarise Mano

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Shadower
    I like this idea because it is available to players in all level to get an equal chance of getting white scrolls and chaos scroll while maintaining the rarity of these items as long as it is 1/500000 chance or even under.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    bishop, i/l, f/p > all other jobs Kappa

Making it possible to farm them is probably not a good idea, would be better to just add them to bosses

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    4:12 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Zakum/HT chaos and white scroll drops exacerbate inequality in a way that cannot be reversed or combatted by newer players, low levels, or basically anyone who chooses not to boss. Probably a no no, as the group benefitting already has a large amount of the economic advantages that are able to exist within this version of the game monopolized. This goes along with the simple fact that higher level monsters drop better equips/more mesos already.

I agree wholeheartedly that chaos/white scrolls are way to sparse. Possibly a rare drop addition to APQ? Possibly an addition to Henesys PQ to influence players of all levels to come together and help/meet newer players therefore encouraging retention/growth? Or possibly a raredrop addition to a newly created pq meant more for item introduction that could set legends apart from other lowrate nostalgic servers?

We all know the monotonous gacha way is meh, and introducing them to all mobs/high level bossmobs both would exacerbate inequality.. soooo if we're going to suggest to do something that is straying from v62 style of item introduction, we should atleast be innovative/creative about it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Everyone

Everyone Mano

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Everyone
    White Knight
    Evolution
    Its quite the opposite actually. It's not favoring anyone. In fact I believe its a good solution for higher level players because they can simply buy the scrolls off of lower level players. It a reasonable way to add these scrolls into the game that makes everyone want to train.

14. TweedleDeem

TweedleDeem Orange Mushroom

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    While I understand not wanting the "Rich to get Richer", I really don't understand what's wrong with giving higher level players a chance at rarer drops.. In retrospect I do like the idea of dropping from all mobs, But I also see the Mages being too op point.

15. stormyarise

stormyarise Mano

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Shadower
    My apologizes, I have forgotten that mages have the ability to kill 16 mob every time they use their ultimate which create unfair distribution so maybe farming is not the greatest idea. However, i don't think adding it to bosses would be better because that is only applicable to high level people. At least with the idea of every mob dropping there is a chance for everyone in all levels to get the scrolls whereas, zakum bossing will only be available to the high level people

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    If newbies are jealous of higher level players because they have the ability to kill bosses, they need to stop complaining and just level up.

Powerful players are the ones that deserve a chance at such items. They put in the time and effort getting to where they are, and they put in the time and effort killing the boss. It's a really simple concept.

To complain about inequality among high levels and low levels especially when we already have free gash welfare is just ludicrous.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Simply because they already have a large amount of the chance at rarer drops/more mesos. Currently the only way to obtain items even near worth what boss drops, high level meso drops (in high volume), and high level equip drops (in high volume) is to use Gachapon. With the implementation of APQ, apples also.

Adding Chaos/White scrolls as a PQ styled reward rather than bosses/mobs gives everyone a fair shot at obtaining something that is obviously in demand (as we're having a thread about it right now). This encourages trade which makes for a greater meso sink, a higher velocity of the meso (in high quantities, to, which doesn't currently happen often as their are no items suuuuuper high in demand circulating), and provide an effective inequality exacerbation block.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Everyone

Everyone Mano

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Everyone
    White Knight
    Evolution
    You're missing the point I'm trying to make. Its not even that just 'low levels' or 'newbies' aren't getting anything out of putting chaos and whites into high level drops, its the fact that this server has just started and the few high level players are suddenly getting this massive advantage and are going to pull away from everyone else even more than they have already.

I've also seen time and time again where new players simply quit because there are "too many pro players" on the server that are monopolizing the game and making it no fun to compete. I think implementing this type of higher level drop would ultimately make this server less desirable to start playing. As someone who is level 70 (which isn't that high but is still a number thats quickly getting to the point of Zakum-ing), I already feel like players above me have a huge advantage in terms of drops from high level mobs, and shouldn't be given even more of an advantage. It's not jealousy, its just not fun.

Additionally I like Nikki's idea above. However, there might be people who exploit that by playing 24/7 while other people actually have a life (although thats just how it is I guess).

• Like Like x 1
  19. stormyarise

stormyarise Mano

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Shadower
    Just because you're high level doesn't mean you should have the right to monopolize key scrolls that will help you reach end game gear like white scrolls and chaos scrolls. Most of the high level people will have enough meso to afford scrolling an end game gears so why should we make it even easier for them to reach that point?

20. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    identity politicking like one who proclaims to have the heart of a lion should be expected to, nobody is complaining against because they're jealous. They are doing so because they want the server to achieve and sustain growth through effective innovation.

A server that encourages economic circulation and opportunities for new players, rather than the addition of systems that result in this sort of cycle that is absent of any trickle down effect.

• Like Like x 1