1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Lag getting worse day by day

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Poi, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Poi

Poi Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    5:54 AM
    Poix
    Marksman
    Poi
    Poi!

So as some people know, I am currently playing from South Korea.
    I am fully aware my location is far away from the host/server, so I know there might be extra lag or delay in any of my actions, but everyday, it seems to be getting worse and worse, to the point where I just get frustrated and don't want to play anymore. For example, today on a Zak run, the game would constantly freeze for 2-3 seconds every 5-8 seconds, to the point where I was just spamming potions rather than attacking. It takes 2-3 seconds for a potion to even register and 1-2 seconds for my damage taken/done to register. For reference, we ran around 1 AM Server time.

This almost never happened when I first started, and even with the population increase, it never got THAT bad. I KNOW there are constant DDOS attacks, but there's a huge difference in when the server is getting DDOSed and when it isn't. I called my ISP and checked, and its not from my end. I tested other games the same day (Today) and everything was fine. I even went to try other private servers to test the connection (with or without a high population) and it just runs so much smoother.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to compare servers. I love this server and the community (70% of it ;D), but its just so disheartening to come online to play, only to see I'm the only one facing these problems. I have asked other friends from SG, U.S.A, and anywhere else around the world. They will face "small lags" at most, compared to my constant freezing. My computer is fully capable of running Maple so it has nothing to do with my hardware either.

To finally get to the point, why am I the only one dealing with terrible connections? Is there a way to fix this? Will changing the host (as said by Kimmy) improve this at all? Sorry for all the rant/complaining, but I hope you do understand where I'm coming from :(.

Poi!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:54 PM
    Moderator Post
    For host comparison reasons when did you start play?

3. OP
    OP
    Poi

Poi Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Poix
    Marksman
    Poi
    I started to play around late June/early July.
    There was at MOST a second delay, which is understandable from where I'm playing from. It wasn't a big problem at all.

4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Was this before or after we got attacked?

5. OP
    OP
    Poi

Poi Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Poix
    Marksman
    Poi
    Before we got attacked(still on the same previous host, It was fine. 0.5-1 second delay at most, very rarely 1.5-2 seconds.
    After we got attacked (still on the same previous host), it was just the server kicking me out cause of the attacks, but almost NEVER consistent 2-3 second delay on potion usage/registering. Attacks were probably 1-2 seconds.

Ever since the host change, I did notice the everlasting delay in my actions (1-2 seconds in everything), but I was willing to put up with it because Legends is fam. But the past few days, it's just unbearable. My guild noticed that I was lagging the whole run. I've been trying to rely on my Pet's Auto HP/MP, but it faults at time too, which a lot of people have been experiencing.

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Well, the thing is, the current (literal current) is on same location as the previous one, so I am confused why your delay got so much worse... Maybe it will be better next restart.

7. OP
    OP
    Poi

Poi Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Poix
    Marksman
    Poi
    Oh... well then I'm clueless too haha.
    I hope so too T__T
    Thank you so much for your help Kimmy <3 <3 :pinkbean:
    (Also, is it possible to get a reply regarding the name change I messaged you about? :> )

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Let me know how it is now PoiPoi

9. OP
    OP
    Poi

Poi Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Poix
    Marksman
    Poi
    Good evening Kimmy!
    As of now, 11:44 PM (2:44 PM Server time)
    Almost no difference. Still lagging and delay is still there (Once the host was switched as a reference.)
    It isn't as bad as it was the lag during the Zak Run (Hope it never happens again), but the lag is still there.
    When I mention delay/lag in anyway, this includes pot usage/registering, damage taken/done registering, and looting.
    Monsters will time to time just freeze for a second and then continue to move.

10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Well, this is similar setup as pre-DDoS attacks, so I am unsure why you would lag more :/ I think you may joined when we had our first change then

11. OP
    OP
    Poi

Poi Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Poix
    Marksman
    Poi
    =*( Idk anymore..
    I don't think there's a way around this, I've already done everything I can at my end, unless there's port forwarding or something that I have missed.
    I guess it's just a thing I have to play with :pinkbean:

12. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Only thing I can still suggest is trying a VPN in the US, but I am not too experienced with those when it comes to latency improvements, and public ones may put you on risk in getting associated with hackers

13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Could be your IPS. Have you tried another accesspoint like a smartphone?

14. OP
    OP
    Poi

Poi Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Poix
    Marksman
    Poi
    I'll give it a try! I have a paid one atm :^)

???????????????????????

15. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    The company who delivers your internet may be at fault.

16. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    2:54 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    You can try this new program "Haste" although it was built especially for Overwatch.
    Idk if it will work for Maple though..

https://haste.net/

17. OP
    OP
    Poi

Poi Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Poix
    Marksman
    Poi
    Well, that's the thing. If EVERYTHING was lagging, then that would be a perfect explanation, but its solely just MapleLegends.

I'll give it a try!

18. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Internet runs through specific ports on your router, other games and browser surfing might use different ports. What I'm trying to say is that your internet provider might have an issue related to the specific set of ports maple uses

A simple way to test if your provider has a problem is to make a Hotspot with your phone and connect through that

19. Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    Well I have the same problem right now. After the rv4 patch I downloaded it and now every couple seconds my maps freeze where I train and sometimes it gets back to normal but most of the time I just dc. This only happeneds on legends. On other games I have no problem at all.

20. BowGanster

BowGanster Blue Snail

Oct 6, 2017
    Male
    Lima, PerĂº
    3:54 PM
    BowGanster
    Bowmaster
    Eternidad
    I have the same problem now, I just downloaded again the game and I'm getting dc after a minute in the game. :((