1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leeching my own characters?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Junstag, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Junstag

Junstag Mano

May 19, 2020
    9:47 AM
    Junstag
    Cleric
    This might be a bit convoluted but please bear with me.

I have three characters at the moment:
    a level 46 Page
    a level 45 Gunslinger
    and a level 54 Cleric

I started with the Page and Gunslinger because I sort of like an underdog. But my Cleric was so much faster at grinding that it seemed much more efficient to get my Page and Gunslinger to leech off my Cleric. I figured maybe I could do this all the way up to 4th job but while they all hit level 30 at roughly the same time, they have been drifting apart ever since.

I'm not sure what the exp leeching calculations are but I suspect that I'm starting to get penalized for the gap in levels.

While I wouldn't mind using my Cleric as my main character, I'm not fond of the idea of grinding a Page or Gunslinger up to 4th job on their own grinding ability.

Is there a reasonable way to make this work without sacrificing exp on my Cleric? Would it work if I only leech one character? Would the benefit of having a high level Bishop be enough to make grinding my Page or Gunslinger up easy?

And perhaps most importantly, how would you guys go about leveling up a character like a Page or Gunslinger without relying on their poor grinding abilities?

Thanks

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:47 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
  3. OP
    OP
    Junstag

Junstag Mano

May 19, 2020
    9:47 AM
    Junstag
    Cleric
    Thank you very much! :D

4. sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    8:47 AM
    sarymage
    Bishop
    So regarding the level difference, this is unavoidable. After a certain point (I think it's 56?) exp requirements double every 13 levels. Because leechers always get half exp as the killer, there will always be a minimum 13 level difference. Over millions/billions of exp leeching, though, the leechers will always settle around 13-14 levels behind, regardless of where they started.

• Great Work Great Work x 1