1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Legends & RWT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by throwaway123, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. throwaway123

throwaway123 Red Snail

Dec 1, 2021
    5:15 AM
    Beginner
    Hi all,

As my user suggests, this is a throwaway account to prevent any repercussions.
    upload_2021-12-1_16-16-6.png

With WS firmly at 250m and CS ~215m and various posts about the state of economy, I believe the public has been misled about the main culprit behind inflation in the past few months. We tend to blame the hoarders for prices we pay in the fm as much of the wealth discrepancy on the server rest in the value of such goods. While hoarders indirectly benefit from all this inflation, it doesn't really help them unless the value of all their goods rise faster than general inflation.

That said, I believe there are two major causes of inflation: demographics and RWT. There isn't much that can be done about our top-heavy player base - not enough players enter the server to sustain our current demand for endgame goods. One of the main properties of such a top heavy server is extreme inelasticity of ws/cs prices (more on this later).

upload_2021-12-1_16-46-19.png

Here is when RWT kicks in: from the graph above, (credit: owlrepo) the first mannequin farmers were scouted around June 2021, and reached 4th job a few months prior (March, April). For those unaware, these "workers" often wear a tubetop and skirt from Maple Island, covered by heavy event/donor NX. These individuals often cast gene in shifts for 12+ hours a day, spend nothing, and pool mesos to buy large ticket items. I wonder where their mesos go :) These leechers are interchangeable with the low level leech we're all accustomed to. They're the cheap labor many of us depend on - whether we need to leech mules or our next attacker. Many of them used to smega from Taipei 101 and sit on the subway all the way to jr wraiths.

The vast majority RWT leechers also used to stop at ulu2. Now many of them are at skele and petris due to cheap mw20. For those buying, Spanish is a must. Here is a screenshot from today:
    upload_2021-12-1_17-26-11.png

There are probably more avenues for meso generation - as many of them moved out from mannequins and into new maps.

And here is how things tie to white scrolls. The only things that really matter are 1) the rate they enter the market and 2) the rate they get bought. If all 200m ws are bought and ws enters the market in a trickle, it's more than likely prices will stick. Same with 210m, 220m ... 250m and so on. Aside from a few of us, only people who think in terms of USD/SGD has the capacity to buy these scrolls out.

And by the way, many of the meso sellers I allude to are still active on the server - some from at least early covid. And if you're approaching/at endgame, many any of your friends may also have bought mesos.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    6:15 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    SELL OFFERT WISPER

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    4:15 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The discussions pertaining to prestige coins, gach/ws/cs hoarding, impact multimage meta are noble in spirit, and all of these factors contribute some amount to the state of the economy. However, the biggest contribution to our problems is by far the RWT problem, and it almost never gets discussed in public forums despite it being the only thing that really matters.

As our anonymous poster pointed it, it is the rate at which ws/cs enters/exits the market which is important, not the total amount on the server. Customers of the rwt business have little concern for longterm planning and will recklessly throw their mesos at ws/cs regardless of the price, vastly increasing the rate at which ws/cs are bought out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. tunafish

tunafish Slime

Aug 2, 2021
    11:15 AM
    Marksman
    Well, i think that this isn't any new info, as in we've known for a long time that RWT does impact the economy negatively, however i think the GMs have caught alot of RWTers, and only more will be caught until they're extinct (highly unlikely, however not impossible especially considering how most endgame players are the ones buying WS and most would not want to risk to lose their account at this point of the game). Moreover, with the servers population somewhat adjusting back to precovid states, it'll just get easier to catch these RWTers compared to peak covid or when the server has more players than now.

I say this because especially items like WS/CS, i am sure the GMs follow these items closely as for one, there isn't much on the market right now, and two, these items can't be dropped, so a trade must be made between the 2 characters. So while i think that RWT does cause problems in our economy, i do not think it's the main/major cause or this inflation, i think hoarders have more impact on the economy, which includes ws/cs hoarders and also possibly gach hoarders(?).

All in all, though i agree with the surface thought of this post that RWT is causing problems in our economy, it feels like this is a subtle attack on our Spanish player base, as only indirect evidence are shown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    throwaway123

throwaway123 Red Snail

Dec 1, 2021
    Beginner
    I only offered what is publicly known. Back in my day, the Spanish players were all legitimate and many of these people give a bad name to the Spanish community. But there are two sides to any transaction: a buyer and seller. The buyer often gets away, which leaves the sellers with blue text.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. penisbutt

penisbutt Red Snail

Sep 5, 2020
    Male
    penisbuttt
    Shadower, Bishop
    Senpais
    I would also expand on this by saying while the original poster's argument is based on kernels of truth, you cannot reasonably conclude that the rising prices of scrolls have to do with demographics or RWT without hard evidence.

The two screenshots posted amount to things that any player who has been on this server a decent amount of time could've already told you. Yes, the prices of WS and CS have risen over time. Yes, there are Spanish leechers. But to automatically correlate these things to the fluctuation of market prices seems a bit disingenuous by downplaying the multitude of variables the market could be affected by.

I'll throw an olive branch here by saying I'm sure RWT has affected the economy somehow, but the degree of which is simply unknown to the common player who has no access to that type of data. I myself am of the personal belief that I'm a dumbass who has no idea what I'm talking about 90% of the time, so it's even more important to keep an open and objective mindset before drawing narratives to fit a belief system you may already have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    3:15 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What I find hilarious is the introduction of dungeons for meta maps that allow for people to farm out of plain sight.
    If botters are capable of getting away with botting for x amount of time in off-meta maps, how much more capable are botters in getting away with botting in hidden dungeons?
    I know Kimmy said there were going to be special checks in these dungeons that would absolutely prevent botting. If that were the case, why aren't these checks being applied to all maps? :whistling:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    throwaway123

throwaway123 Red Snail

Dec 1, 2021
    Beginner
    All I can say is, the email for this forum account is very similar to the one I have ingame.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I actually don't understand why a throwaway account needs to be created to talk about the RWT issues.

With current server population there's also no reason why we should keep these dungeons

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    6:15 AM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck …………

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    throwaway123

throwaway123 Red Snail

Dec 1, 2021
    Beginner
    • Great Work x 16
    • Informative x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  12. Eldric

Eldric Slime

Mar 2, 2019
    Male
    Eldric
    Bishop
    Yeah agreed. I think we all know there is always the problem of RWT in any server, but we cannot make allegations without proof here. I trust the GMs in their surveillance of any suspicious activity and I also think there might be more severe problems causing inflation than RWT. If RWT was so prevalent and profitable, I think any potential RWTers would have gotten MW20 and easily swamp skeles/petris/5-6 in order to sell leech 24 hours a day to make serious money.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    cant agree more that sellers are the ones banned while buyers are more likely to get away.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I mean... we announce every single RWT ban we are doing, and I think everyone is already aware of the massive ban waves they see daily, on top of high level accounts.

We are still active moderating and banning RWTers. Unfortunately, like in games like Runescape, as long there's buyers that whale out on those sellers, there will be demand for sellers to keep ban evading and try sell again.

However, I still want to think we do a fine job stopping most RWTers. For example, here's a site that provides RWT:

MapleLegends Search results:
    upload_2021-12-2_4-17-28.png

Search results for MapleRoyals:
    upload_2021-12-2_4-17-46.png

Does this mean however we stop all of them? Well, we are trying daily, and hunt daily. However, we just can't do everything at once. We still have to work on stuff as well, and even provided bounties for people that provide info to us, which have worked out already.

Dungeons as I've stated multiple times now do get moderated and is not a way to gain mesos without being spotted at all times. However, the fact remains that dungeons introduced clones of those maps, so people make quicker mesos (thus more mesos enter the server as a whole...) prior to the change (where people had to CC over and over and over waiting for a spot).

I am not sure if a discussion about RWT is need in all honesty. We announce all bans, and I think people have a clear vision we ban them daily and try what we can. Like other established RWT is a problem in pretty much every MMO and every server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:15 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    We need public ban appeals

• Agree x 17
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    throwaway123

throwaway123 Red Snail

Dec 1, 2021
    Beginner
    Unfortunately, regarding bounties, everyone I've asked who've reported RWT have received nothing as of yet. As referenced above, many meso buyers still get away. Even with hard evidence. Many of them are entrenched players in our community. There's just no one to look through logs. Hot take: at least 20% of the early/endgame community has rwt at some point in ML.

That said, I do appreciate & hope the best for the upcoming patch.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is just completely wrong and a lie. Every single person that has reported RWT (and botters) have received something.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    throwaway123

throwaway123 Red Snail

Dec 1, 2021
    Beginner
    Not me. Nor the people I asked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Looked at your thread and it seems your report was a socialization of RWT instead of an actual RWT. I'll discuss internally if those could get rewarded as well. However, for cases I've done, I have rewarded every single person I have handled, and we reward others as well that have led us to bans in the past.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Thread temporary closed as something is being looked at.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.