1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about washing too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    6:11 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    1k is still far from enough for pink bean though

2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:11 AM
    DMsRebirth
    If aggro is fixed, ranged characters won't need to risk getting hit with the fire ball attack too much, so only about 1k is needed to survive Ariel's magic attack (~12-13k).

3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:11 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I'd rather have an eggy with 0 range than a weenie zerkless DK with 12k range

Everybody know eggy just humble anyways, he doesn't want your jaw to drop to the floor when he hits you with his huge range

4. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Hi Kimmy,

This topic feels hard to solve since the aim is trying to please both sides(newer players who need a kick start potentially vs. older players who have dedicated quite a long time to prep their washed character).
    Maybe zeroing in on some common problems helps alleviate the issue.

Some thoughts/things I've seen throughout playing in this server for ~6 months:
    1) I see quite a lot of posts about HP-washing from new players so maybe it's worth revamping all the similar hp-washing guides into a nice condensed prioritized post on how to do so. Instructions with video & screenshots help a lot.
    2) A lot of my ranged buddies were able to make it to high level content(on their first accounts!) by farming things such as golden gachas, and nx drops. I've also seen some complaints on my end from events being a bit inconsistent in terms of trade-in value of event etc to ap reset. Friends highly valued golden gacha tickets, and felt like cooler farming was fair, but also felt like candy farming was not worth the amount(Maybe this should've been easier, in hindsight?).
    3) Maybe a slight rebalance of how much you get per daily vote would help? (ex: 7k instead of 6k per day /excluding streaks)
    4) I've seen a lot of quality of life improvements through event equipment and the tier ring. Introducing another ring or just keeping event equips seasonal seems to do the trick :). Keep it up.

Also, how many people do you know who have made it to end-game who have felt like their character was "ruined" because of HP washing compared to people who have just quit on the earlier end because washing was too troublesome? Maybe it helps identify which side needs to be focused on.

Personally, I've met more than a handful of players who can play lategame content who didn't wash an insane amount and I haven't met anyone who straight up couldn't boss at all.
    There's nothing wrong with relying on HB for nitpick specific bosses, like toad. And even if there was, you could make the argument that your 30k cleave brothers hate doing bga(what I consider to be the ranged version of toad).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Yes. Just make HP washing an official thing, and advice the new players according.
    The recommended level of washing of different characters. Some need more, some need less or none.

It is a joke to tell new players that you can don't wash on all characters, if you do/get X,Y,Z while getting perma HB.
    This is like telling new players that they can get rich by landing 5x30% OA int on a BR.
    Possible, yes. Plausible, not really.

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Let DK HP threshold go past 30k please. :^)
    Make my DK memes dreams come true.
    upload_2020-11-12_22-6-16.png

7. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    Boy did HT’s mana drain scarred you

8. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    [​IMG]

I died at 15907, but I tried :'(

9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]
    Needs more TONK

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Lilipea

Lilipea Blue Snail

Nov 16, 2020
    12:11 PM
    Lilipea
    I'm relatively new to this server and was wondering if anything came from this discussion? Are there any plans for the washing system to be changed/revamped/made more accessible?

It honestly feels rather daunting going into a server and having to commit to voting everyday for months and months just to afford the AP resets to be relevant in the end game

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    10:11 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    The thread was started and died in 2018, after which i bumped it seeing as pink bean is now out. So far we haven't heard any specific nor official replies but that being sad im sure its on the radar.

For AP resets fret not because from my year of active playing there are definitely quite a lot of instances where you have the opportunity to either farm them via seasonal events, or have the chance to experience 2x voting. Personally speaking i religiously vote everyday and whenever i hit a wall with my main character (that i'm washing) then i'll just play a different character. I know it might not be something you're keen with but hey look, it's your story at the end of the day. I know alot of players who started a BM as their first character and didn't wash at all but still could hold their own especially with the t10 ring and all the seasonal event equipments.

tl;dr the game rewards commitment.

• Like Like x 3
  12. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    It is just recemended to start a mage as first character, it is just the best job to play as your first character.
    This is not related to washing/leeching or whatever, but just the whole mage class is a lot more beginner friendly.

You think can feel your way along in the game to see if you are willing to commit more time into this game or not.
    Plenty of people came in for a few weeks or a month or so to re-live their past maple experience and that's it.

The only advice is, when you start playing this. Do vote on 2 accounts, 1 is your first character. the other is "future" account.

When you decide to go into this game, fully commited. Washing is pretty much a must.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Himbs

Himbs Red Snail

Jan 8, 2021
    Male
    6:11 AM
    Himbs
    Priest
    Tavern
    I say we do the quest book ring! Making quests even more desirable. Like per X amount of quests, it levels up and gives pure HP. This way it won't undermine HP washing efforts (it'll still be a thing.) so it allows players of all levels to complete quests and defeat the hardest of bosses. While sure it is an easy fix to a rather chronic complicated problem, I think it's a good way to help the HP washing issue.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. MapleAlex

MapleAlex Red Snail

Jan 4, 2021
    I believe I started 3 days ago in this server. So far the advice I've gotten is to have 2 accounts which is a pain for me. I'm currently a lvl 36 fighter and I don't have the funds for INT gear to make HP washing easy. And having a large amount of base INT doesn't seem like fun. I don't want to be dependant on others in this server. What advice would you guys give me in my situation?

15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You get recommended the most efficient way but if that doesn't work for you then just play how you want to play.

I'd say get like 20, 30 or 40 base int however much you feel like you can play with and just proceed as you normally would.

Then just wash out whatever excess mp you get and you should be fine for whatever.

16. MapleAlex

MapleAlex Red Snail

Jan 4, 2021
    So I start by doing that? Adding untill 40 base INT? What about the NX needed to HP wash? What do I do with the AP I get when leveling? I assume I'm going to get 5 levels next time I play but even with 2x NX, it isn't enough to HP wash each level

17. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea for now add int until you reach your desired base int.

You don't have to wash each lvl just wash whenever you have the nx and mp for it. Keep in mind you should only use fresh ap to add into your hp.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    If we talk about the norms of HP washing (there's no right or wrong, it depends on your goal)

For warriors - yes, get 40 INT ASAP, den level up. When level 30, or 70 onwards, try to wash as much HP as u can using FRESH AP (important to use this for warriors and buccs). By lvl 140, u should get that 18.6k HP before HB (30k after HB)

For NLs/MM/BM - no, 40 INT is not enough to get the HP that most desires (8k HP before HB for HT, and 10-12k HP before PB).
    For 8.5k HP on NL/MM/BM, get 200 INT ASAP, and equip 80int worth of gears before leveling up (u probably need to buy or self-leech for this meta), until lvl 140. Wash as much as u can using fresh ap or AP resets.

If u do not have INT gear, check out this guide https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...riats-guide-to-low-base-int-mp-washing.32453/

• Like Like x 1
  19. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    7:11 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk

We got this on server actually?

20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Washing yes, the mp increase as a boss drop no.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.