1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about washing too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew

Drew Slime

Apr 10, 2017
    Male
    9:28 PM
    Fully admits to hating the game mechanic and also admits that it makes the game worse and punishes players.

Does absolutely nothing about it for years on end, merely proposing minor band-aid fixes instead of addressing the core issue head on.

Never change.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:28 AM
    Moderator Post
    You too!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    11:28 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    why we cant get a diary hp quest who gives like 12 hp? hp boost in some gears like belts and zhelms, a little increase in all classes HP, just little changes, so we can play low int ranged classes and be happy D=

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    7:28 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Or...increase the W.Def and M.Def of higher level gear to compensate. This means people who are using Bathrobes and other well-scrolled but low level gear would have to HP wash if they won't want to invest in game-ending gear. Also, it makes players who want to make LUKless mages and DEXless thieves HAVE to do the HP washing route if they wanted to take advantage of the system - leaving regular playing folk a chance to still do end-game bossing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    10:28 PM
    Aligatour
    I'd also like to say I agree with increasing the W.Def and M. Def of higher level gear and/or boost the defense stat to the point where people can choose to be tankier and survive easier but do less damage and vice versa. Of course as most professions other than mage actually utilize their end game gears so it may not be the ideal solution, but I do believe proper way to counter balance washing is to give player the choice of voting continuously for NX cash aka time, or giving player to utilize defense stats to sacrifice some damage but not have to deal with washing for their first character. Another thing that came up in my head is that in addition to increasing the value of wef/magic defense stats increase the 30% weapon and magic defense scroll to 100% since no one really uses it and the trade off is quite fair. For more magic and weapon defense you're sacrificing the potential damage increase and the precious upgrade. This will help people in short term for bossing for sacrifice of their damage as a trade off for increased odds of survival.

But of course, I do understand that washing is not only just a game mechanic but its also a way to control economics in Maplelegends as the prices of INT scrolls serve somewhat as a guideline of the status of the economy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. IHealForYou

IHealForYou King Slime

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    LegendKnight, IHealForYou
    Dark Knight
    Losers
    So I've read this whole thread and I've been thinking about this.

I think because of current available hp equips hp washing is fine for horntail as per this link: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washing-to-be-optional-on-maplelegends.26370/

The problem is with Pink Bean. And I don't think adding more HP equips is the best solution because it disproportionally benefits mages and it lessers the advantage warriors have, who should have the highest HP of all.

I think that there are 2 problems currently:
    1. We don't want ranged characters with high base int being forced to buy leech. It makes the game unbalanced toward everyone starting with a mage and it is a major turn off for new players.
    2. We want people to be able to the 11.7k HP for pink bean, but we DONT want all ranged classes running around with 30k HP easily.

So we need some kind of diminishing returns system.

My idea is this:

Make it so all ranged characters get a higher base MP per level, enough for them to wash to 11.7k HP at level 180 without adding int.
    but AFTER they hit 11.7k HP the amount of base HP you get from adding points to HP should be greatly reduced.

In this way everyone can start a ranged character without funding / base int / leeching and can play the game normally without having to worry about having enough HP later in the game.
    It will still take a lot of NX (and therefore a lot of time) to get to the HP requirement which is fine because we are talking about a level 180 boss.
    It is still very very expensive to get to ultra high HP for ranged classes so the people who are very dedicated can try.

It will reduce the price of int equips a bit but this is a short term change we should be fine with because addressing this problem is critical for the long term surviving of MapleLegends, which is in everyone's interest.

Let me know what you think!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    10:28 AM
    New players usually find out about washing at around level 40 and quit the game/ remake.
    How about, rescale everything and only allow non mage to add int after lvl 50 or lvl 70?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard of something called Blood Washing. It's when you place fresh AP in to HP, and then use AP resets to remove HP and put it into your primary stat. I'm not sure if that's something that works for all classes or if that's something tied to STR. If I understand it properly, the addition of AP into HP is more than what is removed after you wash it out. Would this be beneficial for new characters who don't have access to INT gear yet?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    If you want to add INT after lvl 50, by all means. But don't force everyone to do it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Probably you will get 2-4 HP per AP points. For some class u'll even get negative HP (bucc).

And Bloodwashing is when you use AP into HP, but just leave it there forever. Usually used for mules

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    No belts please, its going to increase power too much for a v.62 server.

Belts came out when Nett's Pyramid or Mu Lung Dojo thats way before
    • Cygnus Knights (29 Jul 2009)
    • Aran (10 Dec 2009)

Bloodwashing is when you're sacrificing damage for Health Points and they stay in there permanently, its not worth it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I will now blast this thread, hoping that it gets closed after my post.

There are only 2 major fixes to HP Washing :

1. Buff W.Def and M.Def Formulas
    As it stands right now, surely as per vanilla MS, we are using this formula to calculate Min/Max W.Def and M.Def from attacks (found on ayumilove) :

Weapon Defense
    MAX damage = (MAX before defense) * (1 - 0.01*D) - WDEF*.5
    MIN damage = (MIN before defense) * (1 - 0.01*D) - WDEF*.6
    where D is (monster level - player level) if (monster level) > (player level), and 0 otherwise.

Magic Defense
    MAX damage = (MAX before defense) - MDEF*.5 * (1 + 0.01*D)
    MIN damage = (MIN before defense) - MDEF*.6 * (1 + 0.01*D)

What you can see, being the problem is that the boost gained on W.Def and M.Def is legitimately low

The major buff / fix we can do on this schema is to introduce either a constant buff (simple?)
    Moving the MAX = 0.5 and MIN 0.6 to something like
    MAX = 0.9 and MIN 1.1

Or by introducing a logarithmic increase where we could be looking at something like
    MAX = DEF * 0.5
    into
    MAX = DEF * 0.5 * log(DEF)

What would this mean, you might ask?
    You see, linearly increasing DEF would stagnate the DMG_Reduction you get, so for this case, as you can see in the graph
    (Red line is standard, as used in MS / ML, Blue line is the linear increase I first proposed and Green line is the logarithmic increase)
    [​IMG]

Imagine this scenario of you fighting a boss (lets only discuss MAX dmg)
    He does 5k DMG
    You have 270 WDef
    You're above his LVL (so no dmg increase from lower LVL)
    Standard MAX DMG = (5000) - 270 * .5 = 4865 DMG
    Linear MAX DMG = (5000) - 270 * .9 = 4757 DMG
    Logarithmic MAX DMG = (5000) - 270 * .5 * log(270) = 4671 DMG​

Of course, with logarithmic increase the def you accumulate will change a lot over time
    Example with 350Wdef
    Standard MAX DMG = (5000) - 350 * .5 = 4825 DMG (-40)
    Linear MAX DMG = (5000) - 350 * .9 = 4685 DMG (-72)
    Logarithmic MAX DMG = (5000) - 350 * .5 * log(270) = 4574 DMG (-97)​

Q.E.D.
    A buff to the formulas would increase the likelyhood of people grabbing better end-game gear (for example Reverse/Timeless maybe?) to reduce DMG taken from bossing.
    Would introduce a new meso sink for getting equips with higher W.Def / M.Def.
    The improvement to the W.Def and M.Def would be fairly "easier" given its about changing formulas (will have to be checked out by our game editors9
    2. Insert new HP-related Gear or System
    The requirement for increasing HP (as discussed in https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washing-to-be-optional-on-maplelegends.26370/ by akash) is that, on a final note he discussed that a whooping 5k HP is needed to make Washing completely optional (Normally its 99% of the game, counting out Pink Bean and Toad... yeah learn how to dodge at Verga lmao)

So the major points we can discuss are :
    1. What Gears can be introduced to increase HP?
    2. Can a new System be introduced?
    For the first point we can take a look at the previous events where, possible rings were given out with some major HP/MP Boosting (See Zombie Ring https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1112920 which you could grab multiple of, during Halloween event)

One interesting suggestion would be of insert a "Questing" ring (as discussed in https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/formal-proposal-questers-ring.29962/ by Sku)

Another possible interesting aspect of getting a new Ring could be the "Advancement" ring where, every 10 LVLs, just like the Mob cards Ring, you will be given a quest to complete, maybe to kill a couple of mobs 999 times + some ores to get a new tier of advancement.

Example being
    Tier 5 Advancement Ring
    LVL 50 required, Quest :
    Kill 999 Stone Golems, 999 Luster Pixie, 999 Croco, 999 Roid, 999 Samiho, 999 Miner Zombie add some more (has to be rewarding to get it)
    Get 10 Aquamarine

Reward :
    Tier 5 Advancement Ring with Stats as follow :
    ALL STAT + 5 (+1 per Tier)
    HP +375 (+75 per Tier)
    MP +250 (+50 per Tier)
    W.Def + 50 (+10 per Tier)
    M.Def + 50 (+10 per Tier)​

~

For the second point we can look at the HP Boosting system, given from voting (as discussed in https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-hp-buff-item-in-depth.36925/ by Pixel)
    Not much can be said here, as Pixel has already discussed quite well in the Thread.​

With this, I leave you all in this thread to think back about your discussions, hoping that, the Thread will get to a closing end nowadays.

I will continue to use this Post whenever a new HP Washing Thread pops up discussing about the fixes has to be made or generally new people playing the game and being salty they want to Min/Max their NLs to 30k HP as first chars with 0 day-streak votes.

• Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    2:28 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    blood washing is great but you will severely limit your damage. I talk more about it here
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...e-hp-mp-blood-double-washing-mechanics.35384/

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Besides

Besides Red Snail

Feb 13, 2021
    Male
    5:28 AM
    Valentines
    Beginner
    None
    • Give players that didn't wash still a chance to wash anyway (priority)

• Best thing u can do it is, i wanted to open NL but readed later needed to wash so i opend mage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    10:28 PM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Let's talk about washing ba-by
    Let's talk about I-N-T
    Let's talk about all the crazy bosses
    For which you need massive H-P