1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Little change for Paladin's Blast skill and Bandish's Hero skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bluelight, Apr 5, 2019.

1. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    12:33 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    Dear gm,
    In most of warrior's weapon I found that axe and blunt is a little weaker than sword.
    Cause the averge damage of sword is 4.0. On the other hand bw and axe have: 4.4 for swing and 3.2 for stab. The scale of swing and stab is 60%/40%. Mean that: 4.4*0.6 + 3.2*0.4 = 3.92 < 4. And the more thing is that most of sword is faster than bw and axe => sword is easily out damage bw and axe => most ppl use sword.

Therefore i wrote this to increase a little change for blast of paladin's skill and bandish of hero's skill.

If gm change a little bit by increase the scale of swing / stab, like 65%/35%. Let caculate. 4.4*0.65 + 3.2*0.35 = 3.98 still <4 but its nearly the same cause a little higher att of bw and axe. And this scale is used for blast of paladins. And about bandish it can be like every 5 bandish will have 1 bandish that have 2 swings.

I found that a little change doesnt make bw and axe become op or much more powerfull than sword but it will make maplelegends have more colorfull instead of only sword.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    8:33 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Skull is useless you lose range

3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    10:33 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Paladins already out-perform Heroes when it comes to bosses you'd use a Crushed Skull at. Scarlion, Targa, Pianus, Samurai, and Bigfoot already have elemental weaknesses that make them one of the best classes in the game when using a Crushed Skull. For Zakum Arms you'll probably want a 2h to reach more of them but Heaven's Hammer damage is pretty crazy already vs. 8 targets. Horntail is something you also need 2h for but again, the HH damage makes sure that Paladins stay near the top of the DPM charts.

There really aren't many places where Paladin underperforms compared to Heroes. The Zakum bodies, probably, but overall the Crushed Skull doesn't need to be buffed any more than it already has been. Especially not enough to need a 12.5% dpm boost. If it did happen then there'd probably be no reason to use a Stonetooth anymore, the Dragon Flame would probably outperform it for anything needing 2h.

4. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    @OP Personally as a paladin that bosses regularly we don't honestly need a buff. We actually outperform heroes and drks in most areas in the game already and with an easier time too. Sure there are annoying damage multipliers on BW but we already out damage the other warrior classes in single target scenario and for cleaving for HT and Zak we do just fine with HH spam :^) Most people can vouch for my damage at bosses so don't count out a paladin just yet! Also Blast always swinging would be insane and broken.

The only buff warriors need are 2H BW and Axes in general needs a buff imo

The only things paladins don't reach 100% with a skull is HT left head, Arms (100% when wings are up then 50% when wings are down) and Zak top left/right arms. Paladins can hit everything else just fine.

5. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    8:33 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    bruh use dragon claymore and then your skull

6. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    dude you don't even lose out on much during bossing

7. OP
    OP
    bluelight

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    nah, i have a 138 att skull and i still findout that we re not as strong as 2 other warrior without Speed infusion. The slow att speed and also low range to reach make it hard too.

8. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    Are you sure? I regularly out damage the other warrior classes with ease. My skull is only 135 wa!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    If that's the case you'll need to cite some sources and give some evidence with various methods. It's not enough to just reiterate the same point, especially when it goes against one of the top Paladins on the server. Heroes already exist, and Paladins don't need to be turned into another version of them. They have a bag of tricks to use almost anywhere for impressive damage in mobbing and for single target. And if it is about stabilizing damage, over the course of a boss it really won't affect things that much, the variance over long periods stabilizes itself as the sample size of attacks increases. It might affect Bigfoot by +/- 20 seconds if you're rather quick about killing him, but in long term it's negligible.

And Speargraves exist if the concern really is about stable damage. But then again Paladins can't max all of their elements for both weapons, something will probably get missed.

If anyone needs buffs it's probably Shadowers and Buccaneers, their damage actually is terrible compared to most classes. :^)
    (It also makes them more loveable too)

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    bluelight

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    Yeah i'm selling my skull too to make a better one.

11. OP
    OP
    bluelight

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    Btw maybe you have some more att equip than your partner. For me i have higher att skull but i usually less damage than a hero due to the att speed and the stable damage of sword.

12. OP
    OP
    bluelight

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    Actually i found that shadowers seem too powerfull at 70-120. Their skill dont need acc accuracy and they can get lv like crazy if they have a partner to train. Only buccancer is little too weak now. Buccancers seem like not a tanker, a supporter or damage dealer. They have everything just a little bit.

13. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    You get more raw damage compared to a hero because you are using 1h weapon and a wa shield along with elemental charge to further increase your damage! You should also be out damaging them at elemental weak bosses AND single target bosses.

14. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    feel like, the range of blast should be increased. other than that, i thin paladins are great and the underdogs. you'd be surprised how much itzjaackyitzjaacky carries us...

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    bluelight

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    Or can just increase att speed of 2hand speargrave blunt form slow 7 to normal 6

16. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    but thats a weapon, that doesnt improve the class for new pallys incoming. no one can get a NT wep right off the bat

17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Paladins are the strongest warrior class 1v1.

Let's look at the damage multipliers.

Hero: Brandish + ACA
    260*2*1.9 = 988

Paladin: Blast + Fire charge (assuming enemy is neutral against fire)
    600*1.75 = 1050

Yes, the above is not accurate if the enemy resists fire. But pretty much every monster that resists fire is weak to something else. And if the paladin uses any other charge with elemental advanage, they will end up with even more damage than 1050.

Paladins can use swords just like heros, hell they can use the exact same gear piece for piece as heros. What i've shown above is literally the only difference between paladins and heros (assuming they both use swords).

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    bluelight

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    I mean the problem for bw as a skull without si. 1hand sword with faster att speed and more stable without stab or swing will better than a bw. Than i recomment for blast swing only or just raise a little bit of % of swing by 65% instead of 60%.

19. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    2:33 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Pally just hit a head of HT if they cant reach the arm, and use HH in combos and they do damage in the arm still... I dont understand why ppl are so means to pallys they re good as how they are!. and as i had read in Skill balance topic the pallys were balanced when the server started initially. i dont see the need for an another balance to pallys. they re just fine, you just need more imagination!

20. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    But Paladins can use swords, making them 1:1 comparible with heros, and I showed that they have higher single target damage than heros.

Instead of comparing a 1h bw to a 1h sword, you should be comparing a 1h bw to a 1h axe.