1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Live Update: March 26, 2021

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:59 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You better watch yourself, he is a Community Coordinator in an online pokèmon game.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    6:59 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    For those of you crying about gachapon rates being published go talk to your guild, put together a spreadsheet, and just figure out the rates yourselves. It's really not hard; it only requires basic social skills and common sense.

If you want the rates I calc'd because you prefer crying on forums and can't be bothered to figure out solutions to your problems on your own here are my numbers for you (these drop rates are for common tickets, not rare):

pre-buff CS/WS - 1 in 350-450 tickets - pretty high confidence the drop rate is within this range.
    post-buff CS/WS - 1 in 200-300 tickets - very low confidence, very small sample size on data.

If you are not familiar with the way gacha works, it first rolls you into one of the 6 categories AKA legendary items, scrolls, equipments, potions, cash items, or misc. Once you roll into a category the gach will pick an item within that category.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    11:59 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Oh look ws prices are back. It's like the buff didnt happened. At this point, just make WS expirable to control the ppl hoarding/speculating. The average player base got abit more value from gach but rich players got more WS for cheap. Rich gets richer

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    why do people think expirable items are a good thing?

1. They can’t stack
    2. Their price could fluctuate based on expiration date
    3. Not everyone hoards, maybe I just want to hold them until I need it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    3:59 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Wow it's almost like we have a free market

6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Prices became the same because people took the (smart) choice to buy a lot of CS/WS when they were at the lowest point due to people panicking, so now the demand is higher than the supply again. Either way, the rate increase hopefully at least put a bit more supply into the server again.

Also, the Gachapon usage is exactly back to pre-buff now, so now you can actually use (somewhat) accurate information based on announcements. In end, RNG remains RNG.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Yeah, I agree. Is there a world where no one gets richer? What ideology is it that it forbids the rich from getting richer? Why be rich in the first place? If being rich isn’t a goal, then why complain about other being rich

8. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Luckily not, the market wouldn't work that way

9. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    Dralith
    1) I agree about your point of it being unstackable. I'm sure it can be worked on.
    2) That is exactly the point. To have reasonable ws prices so that someone that is reasonably hardworking can afford to use a few WS.
    3) If you want to use it, use it. If not, you can sell it. I'm not suggesting a 1 week expiration on the ws. Somewhere along the lines of 3 months sounds reasonable. Do you wanna hold your few WS (assuming you're not hoarding and profiteering) and use them when the market price is 180m, or you can sell at 160m and buy at about the same price when you need them?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    Dralith
    If the only goal of the change was to increase supply then yes, that was a great success. The way the price have been trending dou might not be the most conducive for the health of the server. But what do I know

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hchaos

Hchaos Slime

Nov 29, 2020
    Male
    9:59 PM
    Hchaos
    Bishop
    Stepbros
    Said this before and ill say it again. Give us more ways to make messo, and give us an item we can buy so that we can store our money, like a 1b item that we can buy and sell tax free, incase we can't carry any more money. That will take most of the hoarding problems down, and in all honesty the rich gets richer because they can people first starting out cant realy grind for messo. I am pretty sure alot of u remember in old ms even a new player could go and farm scrolls and come out with a petty decent loot to make some money
    But its close to impossible to farm mobs here, other then for exp, i know that because i spent hours and days trying to farm for scrolls to barely come out with 1 or 2 maybe 3 and sometimes nothing at all, yea its true higher lvl mobs drop more messo but ull HAVE to make a mage, HAVE to make SE mule, HAVE to sell leech, U have almost no other choices in the game. I got active playing for a few months made a mage got boring as hell for me. had many friends here quit for same reason lol I wanted to play hero but ended playing mage without realy even wanting to do so just to make some ok cash so as it stands now the people thats been here longer will most likely be richer cause most probably have maxed out chars have alot of money and best way for them to keep from reaching cap is to buy and hold on to cs or ws cause they are the most profitable if they had other ways to store their money I think many of them would.Now with all that said I still come in and vote i haven't given up on the game cause the staff here i still think are doing a great job imo I think they are just not there yet for that kinda demand alot of us are waiting for drop to go up so we can actually spend hours grinding and be rewarded for it and not just with gotcha drops (great feature btw) but not always what u want . Like some mobs drop decent scrolls but those maps are completely dead when u go to them because nobody grinds for them cause they know they will get maybe something or absolutely nothing at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    [​IMG]

Thank you Kimmy for removing my personal 0% gach rate

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    If you want expiring White Scrolls you'd want to do it in such a way as to discourage their usage as a currency while still maintaining a large value, even near their volatile end date.

Ideally you'd want to have 2 different White Scroll IDs, with the same function but different expiration dates. Let's say one ID expires December 31st and is dropped from Gachapon from January 1st to June 30th. The ID for the second White Scroll would expire on June 30th and would drop between July 1st and December 31st. So there would be a 6 month overlap where you will be able to trade your White Scrolls for the newer version, in case you do wish to save them for future use, but it would probably come at a slight cost in a player to player interaction [ie Player A trades a WS expiring in 3 months + 5mil to Player B in exchange for a WS expiring in 9 months].

This prevents stack extensions from bug abusing as they are two different items, while leaving people the chance to either sell, use, or trade their WS by the listed date.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    8:59 PM
    What if WS were simply permanent when first obtained through gach/raffle, then set to expire (in, say, 2 weeks or something) after the first time they're traded?

I'm definitely not saying this is easy to implement, but I think conceptually it would maintain the "true" usage value of WS while dissuading people from buying WS as a form of currency, unless they actually have a use for it.

15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If white scrolls expired, the culture would shift from holding and reserving to selling and then rebuying when necessary.

The way I would approach it is to apply a set expiration date for all currently existing white scrolls for 1 year (e.g. April 3, 2022) , and then apply a 3-month expiration date at the time of creation for all new white scrolls that enter the server.

We are clearly in a state where the demand/need for utility of white scrolls exceeds greatly the rate of supply, but furthermore, the buy action is being stifled by the supply-side strategy of withholding from buyers in hopes of a larger payout.

The effects of suddenly making white scrolls expire is as follows:
    • The withheld supply of white scrolls are now a depreciating asset, effective immediately
    • The buyer-market is now met with a much larger supply of usable white scrolls
    • Market dips below utility value for a certain period of time as people panic sell
    • Market corrects itself as excess supply diminishes and buy-pressure subsides
    Due to the implementation of timeless/reverse weapons, I don't think the market will be suddenly flooded with perfect weapons.

The main concern for a change towards expiring white scrolls is the loss of an equity token for high-ticket trades. We would need something like a 1b coin that can be NPC'd at a tax-equivalent loss, which is something I think could be implemented fairly easily.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It would be rather difficult to implement set independent expiration dates to White Scrolls without a large amount of reworking to the system. If folks have seen doggo or siao apples then chances are they were created via stacking, as if you place a regular apple on top of a doggo apple in your inventory what you are left with is 2 doggo apples. This can actually be done with expiring stackable items as well to extend their usage past their expiratory date, so what you'd be left with are unstackable White Scrolls if you want them to expire via creation date. It also prevents them from being placed in stores/storage, but if it was the description of an item explaining that they will be deleted manually on X date, not automatically, then you could retain the stackable and shop/storage functions of the White Scrolls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    When AP Resets used to expire, you used to be able to stack them and the expiration date would update depending on which one you were using. If stacking was that big of an issue, I wonder if they could utilize the same function.
    Personally, I don't see it being a huge issue in making white scrolls a non-stackable item. Very rarely would you see someone selling stacks of them in the FM outside of the initial mass sell-off, but these scrolls should all have the same expiration date as well.

• Disagree Disagree x 1