1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for players to help set-up an Ironman community & Discord

Discussion in 'Community' started by Myungsoo, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    4:50 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Discord
    I will be using Discord for communication, I need people experienced with setting up a Discord server, as I do not have such skills.

Guild
    I will personally fund the guild if the community grows over 5 people.

Personal thread
    When the Discord is set-up , I will create a thread to invite people to the guild

If you're interested, please let me know how you're willing to assist and we can talk :)

Happy Ironmanning

[​IMG]
    PS: My newly made Ironman is called IronMace, feel free to add.

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. kakezu

kakezu Blue Snail

Nov 15, 2021
    Does this ironman mean a character that doesnt trade anything with other players? Use only equipment got from quests, drops and npc stores? no nx? how about if u die?
    Sounds interesting :)

3. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    The original ironman suggests that when a character dies, you delete your character. But I found that in Maplestory people don't prefer this mechanic. So just no partying / trading / self funding etc. I'm also thinking of a ''steel man'' addition where NLC potions & Gach is forbidden but I doubt if many players try that.

4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Doesn't the addition of 'deleting if the character dies' usually fall under hardcore ironman? Where normal ironmen just avoid interaction with other players.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    7:50 PM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Does the funds for guild creation come purely from ironman mode? :D

6. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Not sure to be honest, there are many variations in games. Personally I first tried it in WoW and there Ironman just meant, if you were dead you were done. There's probably differences per game. But going by the standard Maplestory Ironman, it's just a loner that can't really interact. I might be absolutely mistaken though.

7. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I will either use a mule, or fund it with my own current Ironman. Depending on how long it takes to gather enough people to be interested.

Disclaimer: No funds with be moved from a personal character to the ironman.

8. kakezu

kakezu Blue Snail

Nov 15, 2021
    In diablo 2 there was a mode called ironman or hardcore and it meant that after dying your character became unplayable. Is there same possibility in this game to check a box that makes you unable to play your character after trading, using nx or dying? Otherwise it would be quite easy to cheat :D not that i would. Also in your 1st post "party invite" is unchecked. Whats the reason for making a guild if u cant play in party?

I wonder if bandit would be good character to try. Never tried one.

9. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    10:50 AM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Any rules for HCIM mode? Would like to give it a try.

10. cornchips

cornchips Blue Snail

Sep 28, 2021
    9:50 PM
    I made an ironman, feel free to add me! IGN is Erog. I'm also giving myself the added challenge of not buying equips or weapons from NPCs.

11. EzMoneyy

EzMoneyy Blue Snail

Feb 14, 2020
    Male
    10:50 PM
    EzMoneyy
    Warrior
    Hey - I know it's been a few months but how's this ironman community comin along?

12. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    7:50 PM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I was friends with cornchips before they quit. Iirc he never responded to his DMs about it MapleF18

13. EzMoneyy

EzMoneyy Blue Snail

Feb 14, 2020
    Male
    10:50 PM
    EzMoneyy
    Warrior
    Rip :(