1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

.wz related bug / OCD [Low] Bandit Skill Steal Range Hitbox

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by UnknownCode, Dec 7, 2022.

1. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    12:57 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    What is supposed to happen?: At the end of the shadow when steal is used, it should hit the monster.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Ellin Forest: Mushroom Hill.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Just use steal on any monster.
    Extra information (optional): When the skill Steal is used the hitbox should hit at the end of the attack thus hitting the monster, not be used as melee. Its Bandit's somewhat "ranged" attack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Oooo I always thought it was that tiny physical attack. Didn’t know it was supposed to be that shadow effect!!

This was occurring for me since September.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I found a video that was uploaded 12 years ago that shows the skill "Steal" being used to mob as well but I don't remember it doing that, this video does show it having range though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:57 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea that's a much later version of steal. The current versions steal can be seen here https://youtu.be/m-g7Y9BV_Rk .

Steal didn't have that much range, if it did it would be somewhat useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    The steal hitbox on ML has always been that puny initial poke; the shadow that comes out is just misleading. The skill was however later revamped in GMS to cleave and apparently have the range it looks like it would have.

Would be cute if it did have some use but alas.

#BuffSteal
    #BuffDoubleStab

• Like Like x 3