1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

LPQ's 'Broken' Glasses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thuglifer, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    8:27 PM
    Beginner
    lpq1.png
    (Ahhh... the good old days of NX farming via LPQ)

Having created a LPQ mule before mobs ever dropped NX in the past, LPQ had it's charm, naturally. From my recollection of old NX rates, we'd be sitting somewhere in the range of 400-1,200 NX (still finding my old SS). With the inclusion of NX via Mob drop (non-event period) and other factors, many of us saw a significant % drop in the regular attendees or attempts/clears per day. Since then, efforts to re-vitalize LPQ were made across the years and I'd speculate even with a larger population base now than back then, the attempts/clears might still show a deficit than prior.

I feel that the Broken Glasses could've been better refined. As individuals who would want to scroll and ultimately use it may face some issues if the scroll fails/exploded/cs - reducing stats, since it's fairly Inaccessible to get a replacement once individuals hit above lvl 50, indirectly making glasses semi-redundant as an item.

While I've seen posts about PQs in recent days, A thought came to mind, what if we made Broken Glasses tradeable (Untradeable Once Equipped) and/or Reduced the level requirement from 45 to 0 - 10 to further drive interests to especially early level INT Min-Maxers. Note that reducing req lvl to equip item would make sense if item was tradeable, otherwise lvl 35 might suffice, aligning the item to LPQ entry level. Although I'd prefer it to be level 0 - 10 range ideally to better place glasses slightly above the lvl 35 Rac mask tier during those early levels. Creating a space for Broken Glasses in the FM as well as funding early starters and LPQ enthusiasts. While I do assume that removal of level cap to participate might be the easier approach and hence faster clear times, there might be a reason as to why this was not done yet.

Current > After
    All stats: +1 > +1 (unchanged)
    HP/MP: +20/20 > +20/20 (unchanged)
    Slots: 3 > 3 (unchanged)
    Req lvl: 45 > 0 or 10 or < 35 (changed)
    Untradeable > Untradeable Once Equipped (changed)

*Other Eye Alternatives: Rac Mask (lvl 35/45, 7 slots), Spec (lvl 70, 3 slots)

This would also make it worth for mid-end game players to Buy and Chaos, and a big maybe to LPQ unless for the nostalgic sake. Most notable change made to LPQ's Broken Glasses was the reduction from 35 to 25 completion for 1 exchange. Using the slowest run ever = 20 - 25mins, that'd be at most 8.3 hours of LPQ for the avg player... If level participation cap removed, I'd say the run would decrease to 6 - 11 mins since with mobility and mob clearing, 2.5 hours. Tho there's always that RNG component to stg 8. Where in 2.5 hours, the average Petri leech seller would be bringing in 75m. Not speculating the price here but an un-scrolled Broken glasses might be somewhere between Rac mask (lvl 35) and Spectrum Goggles (lvl 70), where majority might still prefer to buy it off the shelf instead.

What's your hot take?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    2:27 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    PQ rewards should be earned through PQs, not bought. This would also allow people to get the glasses really fast compared to now as a 20 minute solo is very possible giving you 1 pair of glasses every ~1.5 hours.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    8:27 PM
    Beginner
    yes and no, but I can understand the variety of ways things should be played by different players playstyle.

which is fine, assuming 1 Glass priced @ clean rac mask for 10m each, generating 6m+ per hr in value using 6 characters and moving them across 9 stages, in a way much sweatier than multi-maging. Do also note that item is untradeable after equipped, non-sharable/resellable as well as lesser potential of quantity for perfected glasses circulating the server.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:27 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    maybe it can worth,
    one of the reasons the PQs were so empty was the lack of financial incentive, depending on the value it's worth the rng to found the char

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    How about we introduce Broken Glasses "scrolls" (similar to MPQ pendant) and make it give +1 all stat per scroll or +30 HP/MP :)

That's suddenly a +4 all stat glasses or a 90 HP/MP stat glasses :)

6. Tarnished

Tarnished Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    5:27 AM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Glasses should not be tradeable, they're earned by PQing and it keeps them unmule-able

IMO PQ level cap should be removed, and any character over the normal PQ level would just transform into a PQ-leveled avatar. The Glasses are excellent CS targets, I think even late game players would be motivated to LPQ without changing anything other than the level cap.

7. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    5:27 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I don’t think tradable until equipped is supported in this version in the first place.

8. fael

fael Headless Horseman

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    By doing this you will end up forcing people to only play this type of content in a certain part of the game. That's what people usually fight against when they (myself included) ask for some PQ revamp.
    The thing is buffing items from PQs doesn't work. Just look at the last PQ buffs they released, which had as main target the items obtained in there. PQs are still terribly empty and the reason is that grinding is worth much more.
    We need to give MESOS and some more experience to make it worth, and it must be something not mule-able aswell. Or Gachapon tickets will always be better.

9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I feel like "just" might be a tad out of place here, seeing how this would probably require significant client customisation. Not to mention the discussion of what that char should look like, exactly.

Tbh I still think the suggestion of "Make PQ items tradeable within account" is one of the better options. It might lead to pqs mostly being done by mules dedicated solely to farming PQ items for other chars, but that's still a hell of a lot more activity than we currently see. Additionally, it won't have any negative repercussions on the economy and it avoids tremendous client customisation.

That's just my take, though, as someone who never touches PQs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I believe that if that happened, there would be the following scenario: some people would create mules, and these mules could help new players (or not), but in the following scenario: if someone arrives n in my guild, they could have this support, I think it would work better if it could be sold, because there are a lot of people who are not interested in farming for the char on the same account

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Funny enough the looks part is already solved by EPQ where you get transformed into a generic avatar based on your job. Though this makes sense for Ellin Forest and not so much for Ludibrium.

Everyone having the same stats would be kindof boring/lazy and the whole thing too custom imo.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I haven't EPQ'd in years but I believe the transformation is mostly a visual thing, right?
    When I said 'what the char would look like', I moreso meant design choices in terms of ap/sp/etc, my bad.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Ah yea the EPQ thing is purely cosmetic.

14. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    1:27 PM
    We don't need a financial incentive as a solution to every problem.

That's how the game got things like SoKs, yes yes slippery slope arguments but my point is you shouldn't use "monetary incentives" as a reason to do a QoL change imo as it's not a healthy perspective for balance.

15. fael

fael Headless Horseman

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    its the only way to make it attractive

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    when I begin here as new player with 0 funds,
    I suffered a lot with the money lack to finish my epq earrings, the money come back when i went to gs2, for a cleric for example (that's a job that you need in LPQ) you earn much more money just going to gs at lv 4x

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    1:27 PM
    I don't disagree, but I don't think it's a healthy thing to focus on monetary value.

The point of PQs were to allow a low fund experience with group content, something that got better with time and subsequent PQs, yes but to look only at the player economy focus of the game will inevitably lead to unhealthy practices in design.

Imo there's quite a bit you can to to enhance the PQ itself to make it a better experience, everything from the rewards to the XP to even the content there within long before focusing on the pure "how much do I make at the end" aspect of it.

Purely for people focused on the highest end of the game, probably. But this content isn't, and shouldn't be for them.

18. Zakku

Zakku Blue Snail

Jul 1, 2017
    9:27 PM
    MamaHealsMe
    Bishop
    Hippos
    i personally want this for LPQ and It'd make broken glasses actually relevant to use if not why lpq at all

• Like Like x 1
  19. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk
    for fun

• Creative Creative x 2
  20. fael

fael Headless Horseman

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Stop separating things like this. It's not about being end game cmon. It's just that most people know that PQs are trash and don't worth doing. Sku already made a post about it, read it. It's better to grind at bubblings than on LPQ. Plus, the staff already released some buffs in the "non monetary" part of PQs, and it didn't work. You MUST give mesos. If you give exp, people will mule. If you add better gears, people will feel pressured to do PQs (people complain because they have 20 chars and feel the "need" to farm event on all of them, so you can imagine how bad it is).

• Like Like x 2