1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Medium Mac client constantly freezes

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by asdfjkliang, May 24, 2020.

1. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    2:51 AM
    Xydan
    Has anyone tried using Winetricks to change the video memory size to 2048mb? It seems to fix the freezing problem for me, but I haven't had time to test it extensively yet.

The setting is located in winetricks under settings. Check the box then run winetricks to enable. Remember to refresh the wrapper.

2. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    Update: Changing the video memory settings does appear to fix the freezing problem, and the game even runs a bit smoother now too though that could be placebo. Can anyone else confirm?

3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    11:51 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I've had several users report video memory fix makes things smoother

Increasing Video Memory Fix
    1. open wine
    2. Go to Advanced > Tools
    3. Click on winetricks
    4. Search for "video" and, check the box that says "set video memory size to 2048"
    [​IMG]
    5. Click run to enable it,
    upload_2020-5-28_19-55-58.png
    and make sure that it says it successfully executed it in the textbox below the search:
    upload_2020-5-28_19-55-41.png
    6. Refresh your wrapper
    7. Restart ml and hope for the best

Auto Detect GPU Fix
    If that doesn't work, also feel free to check "Auto Detect GPU For Direct3D" in your Screen Settings as this seems to have fixed it for a few users:
    upload_2020-5-28_19-52-48.png

4. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    The problem came back! Game started freezing yet again. But I found another fix, which may or may not be idiosyncratic to my machine.

Open wineskin and navigate to advanced tools. Open winecfg/config utility. Click the graphics tab and check off "Allow window manager to decorate windows" and "... to control the windows". Click Apply and Ok and refresh wrapper. For whatever bizarre reason this also fixed the freezing problem.

5. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    2:51 PM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    It seems to be the trend once you start duplicating your clients and the engine starts to break and freeze. The only way to go around it to do a hard re-install of the game and also refresh wrapper once you reinstall it.

6. jessimica

jessimica Snail

Mar 20, 2020
    Female
    Night Lord
    Tried all of that and I still keep freezing :(

7. 4nass

4nass Red Snail

Jun 12, 2019
    Male
    8:51 AM
    4nass
    Hunter
    I also tried everything and it doesn't work anymore. Game freezes consistently after 5 minutes now.
    I don't know if the following information is helpful, but I'll share anyways:
    With the new patch on May 23rd, the game started freezing a lot (every 5 minutes, running from Mojave 10.14.6). The next day the freezes were less frequent. Once an hour or so. Next day the freezes didn't happen at all anymore, but instead my controls wouldn't work after an hour of playing. This was fixed by clicking on menu -> change channel -> esc. After that the controls worked again. Some days after the game froze again and I applied the winetricks method, changing the video settings. That helped and it didn't freeze anympre. Then the server attacks happened and now it freezes every 5 mins again.

8. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    There have been reports that if you have restarted your computer recently it will increase the freezing for whatever reason so try to not let your computer shut down and let it sleep instead

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 4nass

4nass Red Snail

Jun 12, 2019
    Male
    4nass
    Hunter
    I think this is true. It only freezes when I change character now. Cheers!

10. OP
    OP
    asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence

Thanks for letting us know! I am sure thats correct. The freezing constantly happens when I restarted my computer

11. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Was using Mac driver (under screen settings) and crashed multiple times, switched to X11 and it helped for a good 1hr but started crashing more often than not and I lost my gold GACHA cuz the X11 client couldn't see the tix at all, anyway switched back to Mac driver now and refreshed client, working perfectly fine for the past 6hrs with only 1 crash when I spammed tele or when bahamut is on (stopped using summons now cuz I'm afraid to loose map)

12. bluefinch

bluefinch Blue Snail

Jun 15, 2020
    Magician
    did it work? I’m also running Mojave

13. bluefinch

bluefinch Blue Snail

Jun 15, 2020
    Magician
    it does not, I’ve done it twice already and it still freezes

14. Richmond

Richmond Snail

Mar 3, 2018
    Male
    Stitch
    Buccaneer
    Incest
    Is anyone having trouble trying to open the client period? I open the client but it never runs through my mac

15. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Mine works, without freezes.

What I did

1. Delete the previous MapleLegends from my Applications folder and on desktop. (basically deleted everything related to MapleLegends)
    2. Fresh install the client
    3. Refresh the wrapper
    4. Go into MapleLegends.ini and changed the resolutions to how I like them. (optional)
    5. Opened the game without issues. (3 clients)

EDIT: Note: Restarting/Shutting Down Mac still has its issues. (Tested on another mac, would have to wait a bit for like the previous patches)

16. aeroz-nl

aeroz-nl Snail

Feb 8, 2021
    Male
    Bandit
    Hi guys,

Hope you're doing fine these days.

I'm still having trouble with the freeze-issue. Already read every topic about it, but still can't find the right solution. Does anyone know the best solution to solve this problem?

I would be eternally greatfull (-:

17. Coopen

Coopen Red Snail

May 23, 2020
    Male
    coopen
    Beginner
    same here freezing on mac every 10 min :(