1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [Old] MAC Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, May 30, 2018.

1. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    3:37 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Uninstall XQuartz by simply double clicking the XQuartz in the new Patch Folder? kinda confused here on the steps of how to uninstall XQuartz.

2. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    12:37 AM
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    hi, i am also having this same problem and i don't know what to do

3. xiaoyuan

xiaoyuan Red Snail

May 30, 2018
    Male
    7:37 AM
    xiaoyuan
    Bowman
    Yo just have a few small question to ask.

1)How come my maplelegends icon is missing in my application folder? I mean I have the app and I can run the client but the mushroom picture is missing LOL..? It’s just an application without any picture.
    2)sometimes when I relogin, the client will freeze at login page when I enter my account details and hit login, and I will have to force quit the client before I can re-run the application.
    3)sometimes when I exit the client, the mushroom icon at my dock will not disappear (as if it is still running), and I will have to force quit maplelegends. Even after force quitting maplelegends, I can’t run the game anymore(meaning to say when I right click and run the client, the game doesn’t pop up), and the only way to play the game again is to restart my laptop.

By the way, I’m using the new MACBook pro High Sierra and I didn’t experience these problems until the valentines patch came.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Hi Yuan!

Our MAC client recently started running on a new Wineskin engine which has unfortunately caused the problems that you've mentioned. However, Nise is working hard on a fix.

To answer 2 and 3, may I offer a solution and could you tell me if it works?

1) Right click your MAC client
    2) Show Package Contents
    3) Double click Wineskin
    4) Set Screen Options
    5) Under Window System, check if it's running under x11 or Mac driver and select the opposite option and see if it runs better.
    e.g. If it's x11, select Mac driver

5. lunarale

lunarale Snail

Mar 6, 2019
    hi! installed both quartz and maplelegends but can't find the application anywhere in my applications folder. the .dmg also has a dosk icon instead of the mushroom icon.

how should i solve this?

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:37 AM
    Moderator Post
    Can you try refreshing the wrapper?

7. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Hi Lunarale,

Perhaps you could try looking for an application in your applications folder that doesn't look like the standard ML icon that you're familiar with. The recent patch stopped a lot of users (including myself) from viewing the icon from how it normally looks like, but we're working on a fix. In the mean time, the application should still work as per normal, but if you have troubles opening it up, I'll be glad to help you troubleshoot :)

8. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Thank you, tho the symptoms did not disappear but have reduced by 50% or so upon instructed. Maybe once the Valentine's duration has expired; to your best knowledge, will the upcoming patch remove these symptoms?

9. Anathe

Anathe Snail

Mar 13, 2019
    3:37 AM
    Hello! I'm having some trouble running Maple Legends on my OS. I tried the old outdated OS instructions, but they didn't seem to work. When I click on the Maple Legends app, I get the following errors...

-Error while listing folder contents: bin doesn't exist.
    -Error while moving file: “wine” couldn’t be moved to “bin” because either the former doesn't exist, or the folder containing the latter doesn't exist.
    -Error while moving file: “wineserver” couldn’t be moved to “bin” because either the former doesn't exist, or the folder containing the latter doesn't exist.
    -Error while writting file: The folder “wine” doesn’t exist.
    -Error while writting file: The folder “wineserver” doesn’t exist.

I have a 2009 MacBook Pro running on OS 10.10.5 I do understand that I have a really old mac tho, so should I just update my OS?

Attached Files:

10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    8:37 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    AnatheAnathe I'd try upgrading to a latter version.
    I think Wine has been updated for the game, so you'd need to go for the new old standard version that's based for the new Wine update.
    I think it should be 10.11 or 10.11 ( El Capitan or Sierra )

11. Emmirys

Emmirys Red Snail

Mar 25, 2019
    Female
    I am having issues installing. I've followed the guide step by step but when I try to open it, by right-clicking, it would start up and I would see a black window but then it'd shut off and disappear.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  12. Ethereal

Ethereal Slime

Feb 21, 2018
    Male
    Hayward, California
    EtherealAlan
    Priest
    PantyRaid
    I had that issue and that was fixed by changing your Wineskin settings. The process for doing that is Finder > Applications > MapleLegends > (right click) Show Package Contents > Set Screen Options > X11 (under Window System). The guide has an example picture as well.

13. Emmirys

Emmirys Red Snail

Mar 25, 2019
    Female
    That wasn't it. I've already tried that.
    I did solve the problem though, as I've read through some other posts, I refreshed the wrapper and it worked.
    However... I cannot put it into full screen even though I followed the instructions as is. qq

14. soulatido

soulatido Snail

Mar 26, 2019
    Now I remember why I ended up not playing this server because I never resolved this wineskin problem @_@
    I've tried em all..
    First thing I try is : [MapleLegends Doesn't Run OR Bounces on Doc and Disappears]
    which led me to [IF You're on Mac OS 10.7 or Older] because I still had issues..

downloaded 2.22 because 1.4.1 was not an option. (my mac is not older than OS 10.7)
    proceeded to maplelegends app > 'show package contents' > wineskin , change engine used > WS9Wine2.22 > ok ..
    I get 5 popups :

-Error while removing file: "wswine.bundle" couldn't be removed because you don't have permission to access it.
    -Error while moving file: "wswine.bundle" couldn't be moved to "Frameworks" because an item with the same name already exists.
    -Error while listing folder contents: bin doesn't exist
    -Error while moving file: "wine" couldn't be moved to "bin" because either the former doesn't exist, or the folder containing the latter doesn't exist
    -Error while moving file: ''wineserver''couldn't be moved to "bin" because either the former doesn't exist, or the folder containing the latter doesn't exist

and the loading,
    Busy... Wineskin is currently busy Please Wait...
    goes on pretty much forever and I don't know what to do about it.
    Have any clues ?SlimeCry

I should've read what other people posted uhm
    what do you mean by go for the new old standard version?
    do you mind helping us resolve this problem step by step -w- tysm

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  15. Ethereal

Ethereal Slime

Feb 21, 2018
    Male
    Hayward, California
    EtherealAlan
    Priest
    PantyRaid
    Glad that you fixed it! I can't put into full screen either so I'm not sure that actually works anymore. Maybe it's also a Mojave problem.

16. C0nvicted

C0nvicted Blue Snail

Apr 14, 2019
    Male
    After I press "Show package content," I don't see where it leads me to the "set screen options," place.

17. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    After showing package contents, double click on Wineskin :)

18. C0nvicted

C0nvicted Blue Snail

Apr 14, 2019
    Male
    I hope this is the last issue :(, but when I run ML it says "Error while removing file: ".X11-unix" couldn't be removed because you don't have permission to access it," though I'm the admin on my comp.

19. Vapor

Vapor Snail

Apr 17, 2019
    Male
    Hey, I've downloaded and re-downloaded the installer, both the normal and mirror ones. However, when I open and it is verifying the dmg, I get "There may be a problem with the disk image". I proceeded with the install and after installing the xQuartz and the ML installer, I click on the app and nothing happens, there isn't even an icon. I've re-installed each many times, tried right-click opening. Nothing. Please help, thanks:)

20. Pepper123

Pepper123 Blue Snail

Apr 17, 2019
    Hi, I'm not able to open maplelegends when it is downloaded. When i click on it nothing happens. I've tried to redownload and reinstall however that does not solve the problem either.