1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [Old] MAC Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, May 30, 2018.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    2:33 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I suggest putting the version number too, I saw people say "I have 10.15 why doesn't it work" without seeing it's Catalina.

So if possible Nise write:

Catalina (version 10.15 and above) disabled .... etc

2. toonzy

toonzy Blue Snail

May 20, 2017
    Male
    London
    1:33 AM
    Toonzy
    Crossbowman
    Hi, I can't seem to change the resolution. When I click "Set Screen Options" I do not see the resolution dropdown. I also looked at Legends.ini and found HDClient = 0. If I set it to HDClient = 2 then I can't launch but if set back to 0 it launches again.

Any advice here or am I stuck on the default resolution? Thanks!

3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    2:33 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Mac resolutions can only support 0 and 1 atm.
    But 1 is buggy at times, as I've tested it I crashed some times

4. Midosuji

Midosuji Snail

Apr 17, 2020
    8:33 PM
    Midosuji
    Crusader
  5. Mamba

Mamba Blue Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    Male
    Mamba
    Didnt work - any plans to make this playable for Mac? Been 2+ years since 64 bit was used by Apple

6. Marsh

Marsh Red Snail

Apr 18, 2020
    Hello!
    After show package contents,
    I cant find set screen option..
    Where do I find it?..
    Thank you :)

7. Mamba

Mamba Blue Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    Male
    Mamba
    Hi - so if I'm on a new MacBook, I can download the wineskin application to make this work?

8. whatshisface

whatshisface Snail

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    WhatzHizFace
    Beginner
    hi, im trying to setup maple legends on my mac i did the installation but when i right click and open it it doesnt open, i reinstalled it more than once and i also rebooted my mac to check but still nothing. runnin mac OS catalina 10.15.4 anyone know what i need to do for it to work?

9. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    8:33 AM
    Crusader
    Catalina has dropped support for 32 bit apps, so unfortunately you won't be able to play it on any machine that runs on Catalina. Are you able to downgrade to Mojave?

Personally I've been putting off the upgrade due to numerous compatibility issues with Catalina.

10. russljd

russljd Red Snail

Jul 4, 2017
    Male
    8:33 AM
    Hi! This issue just suddenly occurred for me. I'm on 2015 Mac version high Sierra 10.13.6 and have been playing fine till about 2-3 days ago. Since then it has been extremely laggy and sometimes freezes. I have followed the instructions, checked my activity monitor and removed any other apps running. I also reinstalled maplelegends and restarted my com, and refreshed the wrapper but it is still very laggy. Hopefully I can get some assistance on this. I'd appreciate it very much! :)

11. jimmy yang

jimmy yang Blue Snail

Apr 22, 2020
    Male
    5:33 PM
    Magician
    I see the guide says you cannot full screen, but I was able to get it to work by maximizing my mac window and then changing the in game mode to full screen. Hope this helps some folks.

12. misstuti

misstuti Red Snail

Dec 9, 2019
    Female
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Hunter
    I just bought a 2015 Macbook Pro (i had a 2010 before) and just went to try to download this and it still doesn't work. Really sad.

13. whipper

whipper Snail

Jul 6, 2020
    Male
    7:33 PM
    Whipper
    Thief
    Hello! My game has been freezing a lot today. It launches fine but after x minutes of playing it freezes. Anyone else had this?
    Edit: Sounds like it's a bug with this patch that should be fixed new patch. Nise also said if you leave your computer on longer, there's less chance it'll happen

Also did anyone ever fix screen flickering in full screen?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. lizzzzzzzzy

lizzzzzzzzy Mano

Mar 27, 2020
    Female
    Priest
    This has been happening lately to me too! Never happened before in the last 3-4 months I've been playing, just started a few days ago. It randomly freezes sometimes and it's quite annoying especially if you're bossing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. godal

godal Blue Snail

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Chief Bandit
    lore
    I downloaded the pkg and right clicked to install. But after installation, the app does not open even if I right click to open in the appications folder. what do I do?
    Stuff I have tried:
    - reinstalling the same mirror
    - using a different mirror
    - right click app in application's folder then click open

16. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Try refreshing the wrapper https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/workaround-guide-for-mac-users.26799/

If that does not work, are you on Catalina?

17. godal

godal Blue Snail

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Chief Bandit
    lore
  18. max mu

max mu Snail

Nov 17, 2020
    1:33 AM
    Magician
    Team, I am new to MapleLegends and have been playing on a Mac fine for the last couple of days (I am not on Catalina). Since today, the game completely freezes every 20 mins or so and I have to restart my computer. I tried the wrapper workaround, which worked fine for an hour, but then it froze again. Any other ideas / people with similar issues?

Thanks a lot!

19. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Mac freezing happens when you restart your computer. I suggest letting your computer stay on for 3-4 hours or just let it sleep and the freezing should go away.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Gwendolyn7

Gwendolyn7 Snail

May 28, 2017
    Female
    kqqt
    Magician
    N/A
    Hi everyone! I have a new M1 Mac and there isn't even any software out that will let me emulate pre-Catalina macOS or Windows yet.. Is there any plan to add 64 bit app support to macs? I would love to play but it's literally impossible on my computer for now :(