1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Mac) Maple Legends won't open.

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by tora, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    2:37 PM
    Everyone: make sure that the Maplestory.app is in your Applications folder.

It wouldn't open for me either until I did that.

2. kingcray

kingcray Red Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    5:37 AM
    Once I unzip it, I right-click on it, press open, the MapleStory icon comes to the dock, after about 3-5 second, it disappears. I'm sad because I've been wanting to play Legends for so long. ):

3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:37 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    If the download from the website and the link I gave you both give you that issue then unfortunately I dont know how to fix it. Hopefully someone else knows and can help you out.

4. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Make sure that you allow the incoming connection to the Maplestory app and to Wineskin in your firewall system preferences. It may be disabled.

5. misstuti

misstuti Red Snail

Dec 9, 2019
    Female
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Hunter
    Same is happening to me randomly, I viewed the test run log and it says "wine: /Applications/MapleLegends.app/Contents/Resources is not owned by you" which must be why it fails? I cannot figure out how to fix it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times now, and have done all of the troubleshooting (downloading wineskin winery, attempting to change the engine, reinstalling xquartz, etc) Nothing has worked so I'm guessing Mac users can't play anymore?