1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

mage questions/help

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Ehngage37, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Ehngage37

Ehngage37 Blue Snail

Oct 14, 2021
    Male
    10:24 PM
    Gwonso
    Magician
    Hey! so I just started and am seeing that lukless is the way to go with mages and I'm just wondering what kind of gear I should be going for instead? And how is an okay way to make some starter mesos? I haven't played since probably 2008 haha, it's good to be back!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    7:24 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This Gear guide from Mirrors should help you a decent bit, it covers mages in the first comment.

All I can say is don't worry much about gear at all early on, just get the basics such as a better wand whenever you can. Most of your damage comes from leveling up and adding 5 points to int as 1 int equals 1 magic att basically.

Make some starter meso by selling your fame in the FM for 100k every day you play which should be enough to pay for potions!

3. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    You’re perfectly fine using a wooden wand for a while. You could go for a paint brush at lvl 30 (1m at the ninja castle) or maple wand at 35 (from the anniversary event, buy it in the fm). Upgrading before that isn’t really needed tbh.

Also, yes please go lukless. There’s proper lukless wands and luk is just a waste if dmg. Also, more int means more max mp gain per level, which is nice

4. OP
    OP
    Ehngage37

Ehngage37 Blue Snail

Oct 14, 2021
    Male
    Gwonso
    Magician
    Thanks for the info everyone!

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:24 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    1m? its 100kish at showa lol

6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Oh guess I remembered wrong :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:24 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    you scared me xD

8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    A lot of mage gear 8-120 costs about as much in luk as the bonus to damage it gives. A level 120 mage with all int and a level 70 lukless ele wand is better off damage wise than a level 120 mage with all clean mage equips, so you can really just consider int equips to be added value to a class that already doesn't need any more in order to grind.

For upgrading though, the best bang for your buck early on are, in order: earrings, clean zakum helmet, wands/staffs at 35/43/54/70 scrolled with 60% scrolls, and finally a cape. After all of that is settled should you look into an int bathrobe, raccoon mask, shield, scrolled helmet, and whatever other slots are left lacking.

Welcome to the server btw SlimeCool

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1