1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Horntail 1 Run per Day

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yogurtseller, Feb 18, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    10:20 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    that crystal lookin real good... haha jk.. unless....

but sounds like most people like their two HT runs so I will have to suck it up and continue eating dinner at 9:30 PM. pls enjoy the memes and I guess this is now a 1 hr HT timer thread :yay:

2. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Hi!

If you know a lot of people who share the same sentiment of staying in cave too long couldn't you just limit it to 1 run only for yourself and your friends? What's the use of doing so for the whole server?
    Maybe run with bigger/higher leveled squads(or both!) if you wanted a faster clear time.
    I've seen a good number horntail runs that are 10-12 mans that end on 1 hour timers and believe you could probably find one if you tried.

I feel like the general population actually enjoys horntail and that's why it's so congested on a daily basis.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    2:20 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    1 hour ht timer will solve all your problems at once also makes the runners try to be more efficient on ht as the runs will be more challenging. also you will only run 2 hours a day. what else you want? 1 hour ht timer for the win.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    1:20 PM
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    But what about 1h timer and remove preheads

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    How will people be able to simultaneously eat dinner AND HT?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:20 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I guess I can see intention behind 1h timer.

Of course 1h timer of HT solves matter which OP brought up, but also makes another matters which I really dislike.
    Personally, I really don't want to see 5yrs+ old server blocks HT from public, for sweaty players greed.

If HT timer becomes 1hr, pretty sure we'll start to ask 'what's ur range? can apple whole time? watk of your gears? lvl 180+? done with washing?' to every players who are entering HT, which can raise hurdle, and I really don't want to be cruel like that, for HT. for PB, it's understable. but hurdling HT in 5yrs+ server seems ridiculous for me.

It's been already reduced to 1/6 from original, and it's half of zakum. Hope you don't forget this.

Stop kicking ladders down.

• Agree Agree x 16
  7. buffyfluffy

buffyfluffy Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    1:20 AM
    Beginner
    I don't even know whether those people asking for 1h timer for HT are being serious or not.
    But just in case they are, I wanna point out how absolutely ridiculous it is (if you're offended, then yes its about you).

If you're asking for a 1h timer on HT you're either at end-game level/heavily geared. And what you're trying to do is actually stop those who are lower level(15x-16x)/less-geared players from enjoying the same content that you were able to enjoy at those levels, and maintain your control over the HT drops market. Why in the world would a host take in 15x players when the timer is only 1h? Are they supposed to stick to zak for exp from 135 till 17x?

So no, 1h timer does not solve any problem, it only solves your problem of decreasing HT splits, but creates alot more barriers of entry for lower leveled players looking to boss more.

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    What about newish 155-175 groups who stand no chance of clearing in 1 hour? Jw for a friend..

9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Add more people

10. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Or use more attack pots. If HT is considered one of the endgame bosses it should require more than the bare minimum to clear.

More on topic I think the better solution is to remove/make the prequest significantly easier. This allows people to join only 1 run without being a huge hindrance on the host.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Do three party runs instead of two

In more seriousness, I actually quite like the 1 run per day idea. EXP doesn't even need to be changed because you're still getting the same EPH, and by reducing supply of HT drops it makes each run more profitable per unit time as well. The only problem is that it makes prequest twice as annoying, but if Moira can give out two elixirs instead of one upon completion then I think this can actually be pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    apes together strong

R>another 30man Spirit HT run

13. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    IIRC, you went to iron your shirt in the middle of HT. :facepalm:

14. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    8:20 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    I can't see why people so selfish about it.
    You want 1 run a day? Just do 1 run.
    You want 1 hour timer ? Take the 185+people for it.
    it looks like 1h timer suggesters and 1 run a day just want to force people play their play style.
    I seriously don't wanna search for squad and then do 1 run with them or either way apple all the way in the run to be able to make it.
    You guys think it's fun but I bet after 5 unlucky runs where you have to apple all through it and get nothing back, it won't be "fun" anymore.
    Also please stop try block people from game content, the vibes here so toxic about people whos not your squad :/

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Have you tried this thing called Pink Bean yet?

16. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    8:20 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    People do HT for exp as for drops, yet I didn't see anyone do PB for exp

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. buffyfluffy

buffyfluffy Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    so HT should be of the same difficulty as Pink bean? :rolleyes:

18. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Make Pink Bean 1 Hour timer, then we can talk about making HT 1 hour timer.

basically these.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    I like the idea of 1 HT run per day. But in exchange drops should be slightly increased. Instead of spending 3-4 hours, you only spend 1-2 hours which those 2 hours can be done for something else.

20. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    If your goal is to increase the average profit of a HT run, increasing the supply of drops (mw20 & gene30) will only lead to further declines in book prices. Seems like it's more of a demand sided issue rather than a supply sided one.

Why would old players go out of their way to petition for 1 hour PB run, if it doesn't benefit them? The 1 hour HT timer is just noise to distract us from the old 12 hour HT timer.

BRING BACK 12 HOUR HT TIMER!