1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make hyper body skill last longer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by artrex, May 27, 2021.

1. artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    3:25 PM
    Dark Knight
    i feel like the skill is really short compared to another party skills (se,si) which makes it less good.most of the bosses half of the dk's time is to run over the map to hb everyone.hope you can hb a bit longer.

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    2:25 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I would like to make it last 200 secs like most skills but that's up to the developers.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    9:25 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    9:25 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    A 2nd job skill has a shorter duration than a 4th job skill, yes

Also please don't make bossing any easier. HP Thresholds are a problem but this ain't the solution

5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    As far as I remember all 2nd job party skills last 200 seconds or more (bless, iron body, buffed rage, meditation) except HB. Thing is either if we keep the skill as it is or buff the duration a bit the change will be meaningless and won't make bossing harder. Most DK stands near the party at HT and PB, perhaps in Zak you are on the other side but the thing cancels so much I bet they get time to cross and buff. For me I would change it cos 155 is an ugly number haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kirisame

Kirisame Pac Pinky

Jul 5, 2018
    9:25 PM
    Kirisame
    Hero
    ImACatMeow
    It will make hb mules too easy if it last longer. Then the problem will be DK being hard to find party.

7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    You can already mule any job if you really want to, besides we could say SE lasting 300 secs is bad since you could mule it easier. I think when comes to muling in bossing people rather bring the real job, specially if is played by a strong person. Also I got the feeling that outside PB and perhaps NT most people don't really need HB due to the heavy washing we got nowdays. So as I said before I don't think a time buff would change too much the class if anything, the only time buff that would make the job bit easier would be buff HS duration, hahaha every Bishop that HTs can confirm

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kirisame

Kirisame Pac Pinky

Jul 5, 2018
    9:25 PM
    Kirisame
    Hero
    ImACatMeow
    I guess the only case DrKs need to stay apart with the party is zakum?

Then the change won't make much differences.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    If you are playing any class that holds 1 botton so please delete this comment

10. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    I mean,if you dont play a dk or a sair.delete this comment.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:25 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Said the guy who is complaining about rebuff a 2min 35secs fast casting skill

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    Try to play a dk and you will understabd me

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    "Fast casting skill"
    Theres any buff in the game that has no instant buff?just look at how others classes has a better duration of buffs,really dude,if you are not playing a drk so dont even try to prove smthing.Because ita annoying how you have to run over a whole map every 2 minutes

14. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:25 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I'm guessing the context for this is zakum? With DKs standing on the right to not get healed by the priest and perhaps toad. For pretty much every other boss, I think you dont need to be positioned in too inconvenient of a spot to make it difficult to rebuff the party and/or not get healed.
    • NT (Verg, Nibergen, Nameless): free zerking (since bishops don't really heal here) with no repositioning really (flat map and standing near party)
    • Krex: same thing here
    • Rav: same thing here
    • Scarga: same thing here
    • HT: different story, since the map isn't flat.
      • But with the multihead cleave strats, I think you can minimize the moving around by at least staying on the same side as the rest of the party.
      • As for healing, it's been too long since I've seen a bishop heal here :p I've seen mostly gene crazy bishops or bishop mules.
    • PB: the map is flat, but unless you're going on the left side to zerk and/or have a crazy corsair that's going to the left side to zerk, you'll be positioned with the party. With people dying/using wheels/being ressed you're going to have to move but changing the duration of HB doesn't really change this, since no one should realistically die cus HB ran out (unless you're a pepega like me).
    So, 9 bosses out of 11 (zak & toad) seem to not have the problem of DKs having to run across the map to re cast HB. At least that's what I've experienced personally, do let me know if I'm wrong though ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Dark Knight
    Ht

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    6:25 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The only real case is that it's an ugly number.

It's basically 0 time to even buff HB. Just jump buff on super knockbacks in preheads and you lose nothing as the entire cast takes place in less than a jump. Fall down from either arm spot and you're free to buff everyone on the way back up. If they aren't on your half of the map then they don't get HB. I'm pretty sure the SE wastes more time buffing people than any good DK even with the bigger range and 5 minute timer. The only problem are pepega bishops who don't even stand in range while asking for another HB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:25 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    im not talking about this, man. lol
    holy symbol. you must wait 3 seconds til you can walk again and it lasts 2 minutes.