1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Level 110 Gear Obtainable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Luu, May 26, 2021.

1. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    11:05 AM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Going off of this discussion, I figured that it'd be worth making a proper suggestion out of it. Right now none of the level 110 armor sets can be obtained. At some point in time it was the case that they could be obtained through gach, but it seems that that is the case no longer. Obviously these armor sets are meaningless for most characters as things currently stand, but it should at least be possible to obtain them (for those few people who actually wear the class-specific armor). Hence, I suggest either re-adding these sets to gach, or adding them to some monster drop table (I think it was suggested to add them to the Neo Tokyo monster drops?). What harm could it do?

For what it's worth, all of the level 110 weapons drop from Horntail. This is strictly pertaining to the level 110 armor, which cannot be acquired.

EDIT: Additionally, the following level 100 equips are unobtainable (list probably not comprehensive, and all are either dragon rider rewards or outright unobtainable without maker in pre-BB MS):
    Blue Varr Hat
    Dark Canal Hood
    Green Katte
    Red Anelin

I'm sure those could find a home somewhere on a drop list or as gach items as well.

• Creative x 7
    • Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    8:05 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Just to contextualize:

Canopus Suit is 8/7 stats, 110/110 str/dex req (3 more stats than Red Belly Duke), might be feasible to equip with current stat builds
    Black Garina is 8/5 stats, 150 dex req (1 more stat than Black Katina), absolute garbage, will not be used
    Red Mantle is 8/7 stats, no stat req (2 more stat than Red Arzuna), Not that much reason to use with reverse being so cheap. I don't see anyone perfecting oa's either.
    Blue Dragon Armor is 8/7/4, no stat req. would use reverse instead, but top/bottom is better probably.
    Mage one is memes

I don't think hats/gloves will be used. Archer/warrior shoes will probably be similar to oa usage.

So overall, I don't think it will cause any power creep. The classes that can easily equip (warrior / archer), would probably opt for reverse/timeless. The other classes probably won't use them (unless they already have the base stats to equip timeless). I think given the current market on lvl 100 oa and shoes, these would probably be worth like 10m for a perfect.

I think these would be nice common drops (think equip droprate at pap/rav) at NT bosses and would help raise the meso floor. It would also fit thematically because the lvl 115 weapons drop there.

I don't see any real consequence to include them, so why not? Plus they look awesome.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    To both bump this and bring up some other unobtainable pieces of equipment, these level 90 equipment also cannot be obtained:

Green Oriental Fury Hat

Short list, but nonetheless. I don't know if there are future content addition plans, but these pieces of equipment can always end up on those drop tables as well. I know that this isn't, like, a major-stakes thing we're talking about, but these items already exist in the game. They just need to be obtainable somehow.

4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:05 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    5:05 PM
    Beginner
    I think it would hurt the nostalgic look of the players. This is ofcourse not an objectove opinion, but nonetheless.

6. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    These were obtainable in pre-BBB Maplestory. It's just that the thing that they were obtainable through (the dragon rider thing, or the maker skill) aren't implemented and I don't know if there are any plans to implement.

Same for the assorted level 100 items that I listed that are also unobtainable: they were random rewards from the dragon rider thing, I think, which was their only source outside the maker skill.

7. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I will scroll a mage OA if it becomes obtainable.

8. OP
    OP
    Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    As the only person who would ever actually wear it, I'd buy it from you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I will wear it! But I'll sell you the second best one I make :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1