1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make MapleTips actually useful

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lirbo, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    4:16 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    [​IMG]
    Really?

As a game servers developer (of other games) I can vouch that random notification systems can provide a lot of value... if used correctly. Unfortunately, In MapleLegends and many other MS servers, this system is not used to its full potential.

Now I'm not saying MapleLegends MapleTips are all bad, some of them are actually really good! but many of them aren't.

How about replacing the useless ones with valuable information?

Examples:
    - A MapleTip that mentions you can find guides on the forums
    - A MapleTip that mentions that ranged classes are single targets while melee are multi-targeters
    - A MapleTip that tells you about APQ existence
    - A MapleTip that has the Discord invitation link in it
    - A MapleTip that warns you that MapleLegends has a very strong AntiCheat.

(I'm sure some of these are actually existing already ^ but you get the point)

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NecksonBad

NecksonBad Slime

Nov 12, 2020
    San Andreas
    9:16 AM
    CarnivalPQ
    +1. Not all heroes wear capes

3. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Just like not all CJs follow the damn train
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    9:16 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    - A Maple Tip to encourage players creating characters in separate accounts
    - A Maple Tip to encourage players to start voting daily on multiple accounts
    -A Maple Tip that account sharing and rwt is against tos
    - A Maple Tip that ksing is not allowed, and mapowner system exist

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:16 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I agree with almost all tips both you and LirboLirbo suggested, but I think those specially should be added as a warning in Maple Island. They should be like a quest that you must type those rules. Even it may seems idiot for old maple players, I'm sure many people don't know about it and end up comitting a perma bannable ofense without knowing. And you can say "yeah but they're on server rules", but I'm sure almost 0% of players read them all.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I agree with #3 and #4, but the first two are problematic.

#1 MapleLegends wouldn't like to portray muling as a standard because...
    - Heavy muling is not GMS-like and not a nostalgic thing
    - This is just WAY too sweaty for new players who just want to play the game.

#2 MapleLegends tries to portray itself as a non-vote2win server, encouraging people to vote on multiple accounts will make them realize that voting actually benefits them... and that'll blow the non-vote2win bluff
    Though I got to say that ML is considerably less vote2win than other servers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    10:16 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I love the bait maple tips. Not against adding useful ones, but the meme ones must persist. At this point, they are part of our server identity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    There's already a mapletip that says "Not all Mapletips are useful" which pretty much explains the rant of this thread. The mapletips are different here because I intentionally made them the way they are. A kind of flavour I would say. Most other servers have just the static Neckson ones which I got really tired of myself. It's very easy to add more of them though, so feel free to suggest stuff.

The henehoe one is actually one of the less bad ones. I would expect you to quote the 'Not all mapletips are useful' one since that is the most useless one of them all, but true at the same time! Some people see henehoeing as an insult, which I personally disagree with, which is why that tip exists.

In end, it seems people are quite entertained by them (in good and bad ways) because a lot of people talk about them in-game, which means the different flavour helps and contributes to the uniqueness of the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    "You can find a huge variety of guides on our forums at forum.maplelegends.com"
    "Did you know that all ranged classes are single-target oriented while most melee classes are multi-target oriented?"
    "Getting married unlocks Amoria PQ, where you can get Onyx Apples"
    "Have you already joined our discord? <discord link>"
    "MapleLegends has an incredibly strong AntiCheat system, do not challenge it."
    "Real World Trading is against our ToS and will lead to a permanent ban"
    "Only the map owner is allowed to kill/loot mobs in their map unless they allow others to join them, check @mapowner."
    "Did you know that there are occasional double-vote events?"
    "Did you know you can access the Free Market by pressing on the green Market button on your UI?"
    "Did you know you can find a lot of valuable information about everything on lib.maplelegends.com?"
    "MapleLegends balance team is working very hard to balance the game, you can check the balance changes on forum.maplelegends.com"
    "Did you know the mobs in MapleLegends have a chance of dropping Gachapon tickets?"
    "Aside from the in-game events, there are also community events on the forums where you can get rewards!"
    "Did you know that you can check your account stats on the website and see statistics for all of your characters?"
    "Public accusals can lead to an account restriction, please file a complaint instead"
    "MapleLegends contains unique content from many versions of all MapleStory regions"
    "Did you know you can participate in the events also from Maple Island?"
    "Did you know that Islanders (beginners who permanently stay on Maple Island) have their own category on the ranking?"
    "There is no such a thing as a good or bad class, each one specializes in different things."

okay i got exhausted, but here's a nice list

• Like Like x 5
  10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    A lot of them you listed are already being cycled (although worded differently as expected). Will update on those i see fitting

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    6:16 AM
    - A Maple Tip notifying users that the exchange of Prestigious Coins will NOT be enabled & all coins will be WIPED after the cycle.

12. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    I do agree about the flavour of the Mapletips. For example, I really enjoy the absolute meme status of "Being unlucky is not a bug". However, I will never forget the one time I have been wronged by one of them. I was but a sweet, young, and innocent lad, doing the speed quiz for one of the first times ever. Upon seeing one of the pictures, I confidently wrote down the answer "Horned Mushroom". However, Cassandra refused to give me a point for it, and I demand justice for my loss.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    6:16 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    "There is no snail named Bob in Sleepywood that's just a ridiculous rumor STOP LOOKING FOR HIM"

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/cassandra-can’t-spell.42459/#post-284485

About horny mushroom.

So the story of that mapletip (its probably the second most infamous one) happened because we got quite daily @GM's of people asking 'My scroll failed for 6th time in row is my account bugged' and similar tickets. Thus, the story of that mapletip is an answer to all of those: No, it's not a bug; you are just unlucky.

Since that mapletip the amount of those questions reduced to pretty much none. I assume by now someone would ask if its a bug, and someone would quote the infamous mapletip.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    oo oo i've got one

"It's common courtesy to roll for Boss drops in Party Quests! Please use the !roll <number> command"

• Like Like x 2